Vols Practice Thread #4

247 said Wanya was with the first team, not Jahmir (mckee said it was vice versa, quoted in fingers post)

In five-man drills for the offensive line, the first group (from left to right) was Wanya Morris, Trey Smith, Brandon Kennedy, K'Rojhn Calbert and Tatum, and the second group (from left to right) was Jahmir Johnson, Jerome Carvin, Ryan Johnson, Niehaus and Wright.

Riley Locklear was working at left guard and freshman Jackson Lampley, who looks every bit of 6-foot-4 and 318 pounds, was getting reps at center behind Kennedy and Johnson.

There’s a lot to be said about bad practices. Look at the last few years. They aren’t good. If you practice bad you’ll play bad
But the media sees a very limited portion of practice... and not the important parts. They see enough to write about I suppose... but again JG isn't a terrible passer or the next coming of Manning based on what the media sees in routes on air.

The quality of a practice can be just as much in how often they are pushed to mistakes and failures that can be then fixed as in flawless execution of drills. It can be taking a minor mistake or "bad practice" by JJ or like player and using it to establish a higher level of expectations.

In short, we don't see enough nor does the media to say "good/bad". Even if we saw more... there's no guarantee we'd understand what we saw.

But the media sees a very limited portion of practice... and not the important parts. They see enough to write about I suppose... but again JG isn't a terrible passer or the next coming of Manning based on what the media sees in routes on air.

The quality of a practice can be just as much in how often they are pushed to mistakes and failures that can be then fixed as in flawless execution of drills. It can be taking a minor mistake or "bad practice" by JJ or like player and using it to establish a higher level of expectations.

In short, we don't see enough nor does the media to say "good/bad". Even if we saw more... there's no guarantee we'd understand what we saw.

Your never going to get a Tennessee beat writer or Hubbs etc to all out bash Tennessee. He has bad moments but he’s is the best Tennessee has and what Tennessee needs at the moment. He’s serviceable he’ll never win a game like Dobbs

Reactions: 08Vol
Hey everyone. Wrong thread but I don’t know how to start own-sorry.

Please advise the player, etc for Vols Vs BYU game? Buying tix from someone and want to make sure authentic. Mods-delete if needed Thanks

Please advise the player, etc for Vols Vs BYU game? Buying tix from someone and want to make sure authentic. Mods-delete if needed Thanks
Are you asking what player is on the tix?

Reactions: Souce and Behr
You seriously believe all this effort by Trey and Pruitt including first team reps and work when everyone knows we need OL cohesiveness is just a gamble, a roll of the dice, he might have a sliver of a chance of playing? We have a MASSIVE group of "right fighters" on VN pulling against this young man saying they want him to play, but secretly have voodoo dolls with pins in it hoping he'll never play another down. Why is that? Because their complete ignorance about Trey, his condition, their medical knowledge or lack thereof, will be completely exposed IMO. Your can see the nervousness in their writings now. It's better than even money IMO Trey runs through the T as he did last year and plays. And man oh man, I'm not sure God Almighty, has created enough crow for these shade tree medicos to eat if he does. If he doesn't I'm satisfied whatever the outcome is for Trey as I'm one of the very few claiming ignorance about his specific condition, medical evaluations from direct examinations, nor do I know about or have information about any prescriptions he has taken and their effects, just like a bunch of other VN clowns who pontificate as if they do.

For you to say what you said is very sanctimonious and rude. I think everyone here wants to see him play again, but we also don’t want the kid to die of a significant bleed or see another clot let go and end it on the spot.

Actually, we have some medical people here as well. While not knowing the cause of his clots specifically, it will still take a minor miracle for him to be able to play again.

I know it’s only Video and basically warmups/drills at that, but can’t help but be impressed by Kingston Harris, looks like a SEC Lineman now...shows good feet, hands and explosions, hope he helps us out this year.

Reactions: FïreBall
Do we know what Ryan Johnson, Locklear, Jahmir Johnson’s weights are up to?

I feel like Elijah Simmons is a player the previous coach would’ve never recruited. He would’ve went to Vandy and absolutely terrorized us for 4 years. I’m so glad we got him. Steal of the class imo
My number one 'want to succeed'. Kid has the *potential to be a pure beast and so easy to root for.

Heck, I still get a little mad when I think about the jackass comments made here when he committed, ridiculous. Hope he destroys it out there like he does in practice.

He was a runner up for the instate spring game Heisman participation trophy award. Voting was most likely rigged. Dude cant catch a break. Probably go all pro 3rd team CFL, then who will be laughing at him?

In all seriousness, if he has a good year are you going to eat some humble pie or are you going to give others the credit to avoid looking stupid?

Reactions: k-town_king
In all seriousness, if he has a good year are you going to eat some humble pie or are you going to give others the credit to avoid looking stupid?
You take it serious?
I don't anymore. Maybe he does dislike JG but even so, I can't imagine disliking anyone enough to come on here every single day and put on such a cartoonish overkill, comment after comment, day after day.

He's got to be just having fun screwing with you guys. I mean it's too outlandish to be all real.
Has to be a little 'schtick' involved.

Reactions: Bret178 and illvol

If he was wearing black pants, a short sleeve dress shirt and a tie, then yes, he is an authentic BYU fan.

Reactions: VolsSince78

VN Store

Back