'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

I find it hard to believe he’s a 5* when you have not one but TWO well established services, one of which is the “Worldwide leader of sports,” ESPN claiming he is non of the sort. You all are looking at this with the glass half full rather than the glass full of logic. Gonna need to see more.

- Public Defender Devo

I have no problem with rivals waiting for actual games to be played. But if they’re going to emphasize camp performances, 7on7, etc. idk what bailey hasn’t accomplished.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Really get the vibe that Bailey will go down as one of the better QB's we've had here. And we've had A LOT of good/great QB's.

A lot of Qb's can throw. Not every QB has natural leadership ability, toughness, command, and the other intangibles that this young man appears to have.

I bet when it's all said and done, Chaney turns him into a top 10 draft pick.

When u start getting to the college and pro level everyone is an exceptional athlete.Most can run fast,Bench a massive amount etc etc.When it really comes down to it what’s between the ears and ur dedication to the craft separates the contenders from pretenders!Luck,Brady,Peyton none of these guys were super athletic but could dissect a defense with the best of em.

Reactions: Devo182
I have no problem with rivals waiting for actual games to be played. But if they’re going to emphasize camp performances, 7on7, etc. idk what bailey hasn’t accomplished.

Spot on. This is what is so confusing. If this were the middle of the season and Bailey was underperforming, then a precipitous drop in his ranking would be justified. But him being dropped after showing out at rivals 5* camp and the elite 11?? Thats complete hogwash. Now saying he isnt very mobile is not, in itself, enough to justify the ratings drop that Bailey has experienced.

When u start getting to the college and pro level everyone is an exceptional athlete.Most can run fast,Bench a massive amount etc etc.When it really comes down to it what’s between the ears and ur dedication to the craft separates the contenders from pretenders!Luck,Brady,Peyton none of these guys were super athletic but could dissect a defense with the best of em.
Luck is pretty damn athletic. Ran like a 4.6 at the combine if I am not mistaken. Obviously he's no Peyton Manning, but he goes out there and does what he can for his team.

Spot on. This is what is so confusing. If this were the middle of the season and Bailey was underperforming, then a precipitous drop in his ranking would be justified. But him being dropped after showing out at rivals 5* camp and the elite 11?? Thats complete hogwash. Now saying he isnt very mobile is not, in itself, enough to justify the ratings drop that Bailey has experienced.
He's only dropped like 19 spots on Rivals and it sounds like he might move back up anyway.

I certainly don't think their discussion is dropping him. That review from Simmons was glowing and Farrell clearly likes him. There's 2 guys fighting for him and I'm pretty sure Rivals only employs like 3 analysts.

He's only dropped like 19 spots on Rivals and it sounds like he might move back up anyway.

I certainly don't think their discussion is dropping him. That review from Simmons was glowing and Farrell clearly likes him. There's 2 guys fighting for him and I'm pretty sure Rivals only employs like 3 analysts.

He has fallen almost 90 spots on 247 since committing to TN. Its BS any way you want to say it. Bailey has done absolutely NOTHING to justify a drop in any recruiting service.

I find it hard to believe he’s a 5* when you have not one but TWO well established services, one of which is the “Worldwide leader of sports,” ESPN claiming he is non of the sort. You all are looking at this with the glass half full rather than the glass full of logic. Gonna need to see more.

- Public Defender Devo

ESPN has one person doing evaluation: Tom Luginbill. And those “evaluations” aren’t in person because he can’t be 50 places at once. If there’s one service I would ignore, it’s ESPN, world wide leader or not.

- Public Defender Devo
“If it please the court...then I withdraw the question, object, request a mistrial and a change of venue!”

Reactions: AaronUT
This off-season hasn’t been kind to Bailey. Despite winning MVP of a Rivals camp and performing well in 2 other camps, and also making the Elite 11 in the Elite 11 challenge, he has dropped 130 spots in 247 rankings since the end of last season.

This off-season hasn’t been kind to Bailey. Despite winning MVP of a Rivals camp and performing well in 2 other camps, and also making the Elite 11 in the Elite 11 challenge, he has dropped 130 spots in 247 rankings since the end of last season.
i doubt he cares. and if he does, i'm sure it just sets him out to prove them wrong.

Looking at 247 themselves or composite? Composite he's dropped 80 since December.

247 themselves ranked him after watching all Fall video at 155. He was 85th during the season. He dropped 55 spots to 210 throughout the offseason. Maybe this is what you were referring to. -125 spots from midseason last year to now.

Rivals has dropped him all of 19 spots from his absolute peak. That is where he won a camp (with rivals). Makes sense he is highest there and up for 5 star discussion.

Fwiw he's still 4th best PS QB by composite and top 250 across every service. Dang good.

But Harrison has said himself he could GAF less about them. Coaches clearly don't care. So that leaves us fans. As long as we can soothe oursleves, I think everyone will survive. We know what we have, as do the coaches. Being ranked 50th or 200th, whatever.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back