Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 here I do and coach Crossfit. Powerlifted in my 20`s hit 540 squat 325 bench 600 deadlift at 181 bodyweight. Droppped down to 165 once
to try state for state deadlift record pull 600 but 2 judges said i hitched it so no record but I stood up with it!!
Crossfit gets a bad rap in some places but I`ve doing it for 5yrs. I really enjoy it.

They talked about JG’s comment about Chaney simplifying the offense. Apparently it’s a David Cutcliffe maxim that it’s better to be great at a few things than okay at everything.

I don't think this can be overstated. Especially with the limited practice time, offensive simplicity has become a major "best practice" in CFB these days (along with optionality, pace, spacing, and having a qb run threat available).

And being great at your core offensive concepts is critical. There is now this memetic trend among some coaches to talk about "being multiple" when all the research indicates this leads to being mediocre at a lot of things and great at nothing. Chaney has the right ideas here imo.

Last edited:
61 here I do and coach Crossfit. Powerlifted in my 20`s hit 540 squat 325 bench 600 deadlift at 181 bodyweight. Droppped down to 165 once
to try state for state deadlift record pull 600 but 2 judges said i hitched it so no record but I stood up with it!!
Crossfit gets a bad rap in some places but I`ve doing it for 5yrs. I really enjoy it.
I don't feel comfortable making fun of your age.... Well at least there's still @InVOLuntary

Anyone ever used Turo before?

Going on a trip to Ithaca and wanted to surprise the wife with a convertible for the long drive. Seems cheaper than traditional rentals, just not sure if there are downsides or any bad experiences anyone has had.

I don't think this can be overstated. Especially with the limited practice time, offensive simplicity has become a major "best practice" in CFB these days (along with optionality, pace, spacing, and having a qb run threat available).

And being great at your core offensive concepts is critical. There is now this memetic trend among some coaches to talk about "being multiple" when all the research indicates this leads to being mediocre at a lot of things and great at nothing. Chaney has the right ideas here imo.

I thought that was the genius of Kiffin/Chaney with Crompton. Once they figured out that straightforward run plays coupled with bootlegs for Crompton worked, they built that into a pretty solid offense.

You saw those same plays in Bama's playbook a few years later, and I thought it was interesting that he hired Kendall Briles, also is a big proponent simple (but fast) offensive schemes.

Reactions: Devo182
Nice, the workout I mentioned actually has them in the split already so I'll go that route instead of with DBs.

What would you suggest to replace BB squat, or would you just do it in the smith machine?
You should barbell squat man. That builds your overall core. Smith machine takes the strength of the core out of play

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

Going on a trip to Ithaca and wanted to surprise the wife with a convertible for the long drive. Seems cheaper than traditional rentals, just not sure if there are downsides or any bad experiences anyone has had.

I used it last summer. Had a good experience.

Good for you. Squat heavy and live to tell the stories.
There is no “must” lift to do. As long as you can retain your muscle mass into old age, you are in a good place. Loss of muscle mass is directly correlated with all sorts of age related illness and injuries.

Personally, I just love the movement. I’m old enough to realize no one cares what I squat. If I someone 350 or 400, same reaction, because I’ll never be freakishly strong, so that’s fine. I do it for me.

Speaking of... the squat rack awaits me
I’m 39 and squats are my favorite movement.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Been almost 7 years for me. 1st year since then that our box hasn’t had someone in the games

I’ve used once and liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back