'20 WA OLB Sav'ell Smalls

Man I wanted Briles here, hope he becomes a thorn in Clemson's side.
Yeah I'd be at 9-3 right now with Briles. Not that he'll kill it Y1 with ole Willy over his shoulder, bit with our offensive talent it would have been ridiculous. Whole SEC would be put on major notice. Oh welll hope he does well and, like you said, is a thorn in clemson and florida.

Recruiting # at his last 4 schools as OC:
Baylor 2015: 36th
Baylor 2016: 40th
FAU 2017: 60th
Houston 2018: 73rd

No doubt he has a knack for offensive strategy. Recruiting prowess is a stretch
That's what makes him especially good. He's done it with much less talent. If he is ever matched up with top-15 talent it's going to be nuts (FSU has talent, but mostly on defense. Outside of Akers, that squad is talentless on O. TERRIBLE OL, questionable everywhere else).

Just like Leach. For a very select few great schemers, talent is not a requirement.

Way too wild too work with somebody like Pruitt. Kirby had a conniption because he thought Chaney wasn’t doing his job right. Briles will figure some stuff out but who’s the QB there now?

I think Pruitt disliked Briles not having a traditional answer for his questions...nor a playbook. The Briles system doesn't use a playbook and is very unorthodox from a teaching perspective. I think he found that disconcerting with the way he's used to.

He’s horrible
How do you say "horrible"? He's started 3 seasons for a P5 school, went 26-6 as a starter, and posted a whopping 148 qbr his SO season before being banged up last year and taking a step back. Far from horrible. "Horrible" is Terry Wilson.

Yeah I'd be at 9-3 right now with Briles. Not that he'll kill it Y1 with ole Willy over his shoulder, bit with our offensive talent it would have been ridiculous. Whole SEC would be put on major notice. Oh welll hope he does well and, like you said, is a thorn in clemson and florida.
I wonder if someone had a “talk” with Briles for him to come in under Taggart. “Try it his way if it doesn’t work out it’s your team mid season.”

Reactions: Devo182
Didn’t know you lived in Texas, you know a lot more about him than i do. I will say i feel pretty comfortable with Pruitt/Tee Martin/ Nieds as our recruiters
Not pining for him and didn’t when we were searching for an OC. Just remarking on that part of his resume.

I wonder if someone had a “talk” with Briles for him to come in under Taggart. “Try it his way if it doesn’t work out it’s your team mid season.”
Prolly didn’t have too. He worked under Applewhite. He know what hot seat looks like.

How do you say "horrible"? He's started 3 seasons for a P5 school, went 26-6 as a starter, and posted a whopping 148 qbr his SO season before being banged up last year and taking a step back. Far from horrible. "Horrible" is Terry Wilson.
He’s the reason Wisconsin had a major disappointment of a year and left UW because he was about to be beat out by a true freshman. Maybe he isn’t horrible but he isn’t good

Are you talking about Art Briles or the son?

Not even sure Hornibrook will start. I think it will be James Blackmon.

VN Store

Back