Bud Foster Retiring After Season

VT takes a major step back with him gone.

It'll be interesting to see who replaces him. They are struggling, and they of course do everything with half of Tennessee's money.

Foster was a main reason Virginia Tech has had a solid program for so many years.
Virginia Tech fans seem to have a more complicated opinion of him than that.

I think the game has slowly passed him by over the years (his defenses the last 5-10 years have been nowhere near as good as they were previously) and he doesn't recruit at all.

Virginia Tech fans seem to have a more complicated opinion of him than that.

I think the game has slowly passed him by over the years (his defenses the last 5-10 years have been nowhere near as good as they were previously) and he doesn't recruit at all.

I agree. Bud was one of the best but he’s 5-10 years past his prime. He never adapted to the spread offenses. Like Chavis the game passed him by.

Reactions: 05_never_again
In points surrendered, VT ranked:

2010 - 26th
2011 - 7th
2012 - 32nd
2013 - 11th
2014 - 14th
2015 - 58th
2016 - 28th
2017 - 4th
2018 - 85th

So this decade he's had defenses in the top 1/4 of FBS every year but two. If VT fans aren't happy with him, it's because they're idiots. They had twice as many years in the top 11% as they did outside the top 25%, LOL.

I grew up there, family still lives there. I have an old HS friend that knows Bud well and I've attended some parties up at his (my friends) house on Claytor Lake. Everything looked consensual so I'm not accusing Bud of anything other than partying with coeds.

I grew up there, family still lives there. I have an old HS friend that knows Bud well and I've attended some parties up at his (my friends) house on Claytor Lake. Everything looked consensual so I'm not accusing Bud of anything other than partying with coeds.
Are the first letters in your friends first and last name either PN or WY?

VN Store

Back