Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's better than nothing. But you're right. They literally watch 5 minutes of routes on air and stretching and then they make these bold predictions. This is why guys who are the stars of the beat writers' version of fall camps are no shows during football season. Oh well, it's still football news.
Yep. One overthrow by JG and Maurer will be taking reps with the ones.

I see a lot of bands being mentioned that are part of the Exit 111 Festival in Manchester this Fall. I'm not much of a festival person, but I may look into a one-day visit.
That does look like it will be an excellent festival. Sunday would be the best day to go the imo

I was just driving up River Road and saw River Road BBQ next door to Kingfish. I started to go to Kingfish, but BBQ sounded good so I tried them. It was good but expensive..a pulled pork sammich, BBQ beans and a bag of chips was 11$ and change...I wish I had just driven back and tried out Doc Crowes or Bearnos for the money...I will next time I'm there for sure. Thanks for the info, I should have just walked over, buy I wanted to explore a little and got sidetracked..lol.

I really like the Louisville area, it is a very interesting place with a ton of character and cool things to do nearby. Hopefully for your sake the rest of America doesn't figure that out..
River Road BBQ is ok, but Doc Crowes would've been better for about the same price haha. Louisville has no shortage of good food to be sure. Glad you enjoyed your short stay. Next time you're in town, let me know and we'll grab lunch.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Aerosmith was a good show, at least back in the day. I saw them in '73 and again in '75.
Rush was always a good show in the '70s.
I saw Cream and Hendrix, both in '68 when I was 16.
Zeppelin in '70 and '72.
Floyd 3 times, twice in the '70s, and then again in the early '90s.
Saw the Stones multiple times in the '70s.
Genesis with Phil Collins in '73.
Wishbone Ash in '73.
Sabbath in '71.
Jethro Tull 4 times in the '70s. Always an entertaining show when those guys played.
And countless others during the late '60s up until the very early '80s. James Brown in '67 was awesome.

Those were the days of so-called Arena Rock, when there was a really good concert seemingly every other night. Lots of times there was not a lot of advertising the groups. I heard a radio ad for the Genesis concert about 6pm one evening and it said the show started at 7pm. We took off to the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis and got there just before showtime and sat on the 8th row. There was literally no one there and I thought this is going to suck. These guys will be pissed and either won't play or won't have any energy, but it was an amazing show.
Dang, you're so old I'm surprised you know how to use a computer.

I saw Coe at a Western bar in Macon, Ga in the mid-90s. I could swear he lip-synched the whole thing and the two grizzly-sized rednecks he had flanking him were definitely not playing their bass and guitar, respectively. I thought for sure the man had at least a foot and half in the grave. I am totally shocked that he still alive.
Saw him in the 70's

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back