Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Ubben worship on here will fade a little. It's one thing to be honest about the difficulties, but to just dump on the program without listing the positives that UT still has is not honesty.

When I signed up for my Athletic membership last year I done it for the Tennessee beat. I hardly ever visit the Tennessee page anymore, but I do still read the Athletic multiple times a day. That should let you know what I think of Ubben. I'm not impressed with his writing.

Probably part perception from each of us, but here's the podcast:

UT talk starts at 19:00, lasts 6 minutes.

And fwiw Ubben sounds like a less high pitched David Cross, aka Tobias Funke.

All right, what I heard. Bruce and Stew(?) trying everything they could to bait David into just crapping on TN and David trying to refuse to do so without sounding like a homer.

David's "negative" comments - whoever picked TN to win the entire SEC was probably trolling.

Our top 15 power index relies too much on returning talent because they may get beat out by new guys.
And too much on assumptions those players were developed every year since their arrival (shot at Jones)

Also talked TN possible return to elite status.

Last edited:
Maybe the Ubben worship on here will fade a little. It's one thing to be honest about the difficulties, but to just dump on the program without listing the positives that UT still has is not honesty.
He doesn't do that. He is an outsider writing about Tennessee, his opinion is probably the most fair out of any beat writer we have. He does a good job.

He doesn't do that. He is an outsider writing about Tennessee, his opinion is probably the most fair out of any beat writer we have. He does a good job.
As long as people realize that’s what he brings...an OPINION. Haven’t made a judgement on his football acumen cuz way too early. He writes really well and punctuates even better! As of yet, he hasn’t influenced or changed a single opinion I hold. Football practice damn it!

Given that the biggest gain for most players comes between their freshman and sophomore years, and this is their sophomore year under Pruitt, I expect to see a lot of previously underdeveloped guys playing closer to their potential. If we just played to the level of our recruiting ranking, we’d be favored in 8 or 9 games. If we win 8 or 9 games, recruiting will be no problem at all.

Pruitt often says that one of the things our guys have needed and every player everywhere needs to develop into a good football player is the actual opportunity to play ball. No amount of preparation and practice can negate the wisdom in the ancient adage, experience is the best teacher.

I remember early in my career in industry there were times that I was completely lost but after a few years I could do my job at the highest level, in my sleep.

Often times we see fans give up on freshmen if they can’t come in and beat out the guys we had the previous year, the guys who were given the opportunity to gain and learn from some experience. I don’t expect it’s going to be any different this year.

I wasn’t surprised at all to hear in the interviews yesterday that Deandre Johnson would likely start out at the outside linebacker position opposite Taylor. I was hoping otherwise but I wasn’t surprised. I’m just like a lot of the rest of our fans. I want the prized recruits on the field and I want them to perform at all-American levels from day one. I’m impatient and I know it and I know, from experience, I should know better. jmo.

He's hanging out with the Knoxville media too much

I have liked David's analysis in the past. But when he went on Sports Source and started associating with that bunch I posted on here my concerns, which most of you share. I want him to be realistic, however, if he goes full blown John Adams antagonist it is going to make his stay on the UT beat very short.

You all, I liked the welcome to the jungle video on the main page, but I truly can not wait until we can do a hype video with out having to dig into the video archives from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's!

good luck VFL films holding onto that beautiful bean footage tight af nowadays.

Reactions: Brillovol
Tried watching but he just makes my stomach turn and I feel sad for everyone involved.

I was surprised to find out those kids are paying their way through JUCO. If there’s anyone who is entitled, it’s that f@&$ing coach in his hot tub reading his own retweets out loud on camera.

Meh, believe it when I see it... quit committing and then saying you are taking official visits elsewhere and keeping things open... whatever. Guess I'm old school. You either "feel at home" and this is it, or not.
I agree. This is getting old. It is now to the point where they're trying to reserve a spot in case they don't find anything better. Five free trips is nice, with beer, women and song, but just don't pull the trigger until you're sure.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Only in Harlan Kentucky...

I just passed a huge new dooly pickup truck driving through town with a dead deer stuck butt end through the grill and dragging it's head along the road...😳

I mean how do you not know that? 🤔

Will not be close double digit it win. What does S.C. have, a decent qb. Should have beat them last year and they were better and we were a hell of a lot worse. We will stomp some cockass. Book it boys and girls
Muschamp is very good at negative recruiting. Until we beat that ass, he is going to keep doing it. I am to the point where I almost want to beat SC more than Florida. Almost.

giphy.gif
I finally watched this episode. I was in the floor. Absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back