Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

no champions league next year for the gunners :(

I was hoping we'd play better than that, esp. with a lot on the line

Reactions: MAD
Why was that game in Baku? Some oligarch need to get greased, I guess? That game had the environment of a preseason friendly.

Why was that game in Baku? Some oligarch need to get greased, I guess? That game had the environment of a preseason friendly.
Doesn’t really make much sense. The airport isn’t even big enough to handle all the traffic coming to town, it’s a ridiculous journey for most Western Europeans and political tensions with Armenia led to Mkhitarian being forced to stay home for Arsenal.

Not to worry though, they’re hosting matches in next summer’s Euros as well.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Doesn’t really make much sense. The airport isn’t even big enough to handle all the traffic coming to town, it’s a ridiculous journey for most Western Europeans and political tensions with Armenia led to Mkhitarian being forced to stay home for Arsenal.

Not to worry though, they’re hosting matches in next summer’s Euros as well.
I also read that the ticket allocations to the teams participating were really small. Both Arsenal and Chelsea bought their entire allocations, or something close to it, but the stadium still looked like it was half empty. The locals evidently were supposed to buy the rest and they didn't. Some people blamed that because two teams from the same country/city made it, but I guarantee you this wouldn't have happened if the final was anywhere in Western Europe. One of the players feeling like he had to stay home due to concerns over his safety is just the cherry on top of an already dumb idea.

EDIT: I was way off - Arsenal/Chelsea didn't even sell half their allotments. The allotments were very small to begin with because, as you mentioned, they airport is so small.

How a soccer final might be decided by an obscure Soviet-era conflict

Last edited:
Reactions: DocVOLiday
alright I'm going to do a prediction (I'll probably be way off)

think it starts out slow, but ends up 4-2 liverpool. Salah will get 2 and be motm

Pretty ugly match. Salah's touch wasn't there, Trippier was terrible, and Kane was MIA. Son was fun to watch at least.

I just wanted to pop in since I started this thread, thanks everyone for participating even though I wasn't around all that often. Hell of a season, lets do this again next season!

VN Store

Back