'20 WA OLB Sav'ell Smalls

Our starting OL might be 2 FR OTs, an injury-prone C, a G with blood clots and another undersized G. I'm not saying they can't function better than last year, but this could be another ROUGH year if we don't get very lucky.
Our starting OL might be 2 5star elite OL who showed up well over 300lbs and ready to roll, a veteran C who's now 100% healthy, another elite 5 star who's also a veteran and back healthy and ready to roll, and a handful of other veterans ready to make some holes. This could be quite an improvement from last season and I expect it will be in year two.

He really does have a point. They could and should be a whole lot better. Pruitt should not have to care or take care of it. That's somebody's job. The hype videos are great. This could be also. Let's hire @Geaux_Vols as a consultant.

i've got a little experience with a few teams when it comes to this type stuff. there are points on both sides. the fsu photos look cool in camera, but because its such dramatic lighting, you can't do **** with those photos for anything else (creating graphics, etc.) LSU's are similar, shot in a dark lockerroom. Looks cool in camera, really hard to work with after the fact from a design angle. You're not guaranteed to get these kids on campus more than once, so getting photo assets that can used for a lot different things is critical. Tulane shoots them all against a white seamless backdrop. Not the most exciting photos, but we can easily cut them out and drop them in personalized graphics all season long. Tennessee actually does a good job of walking the line, in my opinion. The photos are clean and the players are easy to cut out from the background (except hair on the darker checkers, those are pains in the ass), but there's also something that's on-brand going on behind them. its not perfect, but i think they're looking at this as a bigger picture and making sure they can get the most out of these photo shoots, and doing a pretty good job, too. slinkyinc is right, too, OV's get the locker room shoot with manning / wilson jerseys behind them. in both cases, there's music blasting, usually a handful of recruits in the room. its a vibe.

i've got a little experience with a few teams when it comes to this type stuff. there are points on both sides. the fsu photos look cool in camera, but because its such dramatic lighting, you can't do **** with those photos for anything else (creating graphics, etc.) LSU's are similar, shot in a dark lockerroom. Looks cool in camera, really hard to work with after the fact from a design angle. You're not guaranteed to get these kids on campus more than once, so getting photo assets that can used for a lot different things is critical. Tulane shoots them all against a white seamless backdrop. Not the most exciting photos, but we can easily cut them out and drop them in personalized graphics all season long. Tennessee actually does a good job of walking the line, in my opinion. The photos are clean and the players are easy to cut out from the background (except hair on the darker checkers, those are pains in the ass), but there's also something that's on-brand going on behind them. its not perfect, but i think they're looking at this as a bigger picture and making sure they can get the most out of these photo shoots, and doing a pretty good job, too. slinkyinc is right, too, OV's get the locker room shoot with manning / wilson jerseys behind them. in both cases, there's music blasting, usually a handful of recruits in the room. its a vibe.
Thank you! I was just thinking about a pic for recruits to use on social media. I didn't realize they were needed for something else. Looks like FSU would also get one with a white background. I do like the OV locker room shots.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
Thank you! I was just thinking about a pic for recruits to use on social media. I didn't realize they were needed for something else. Looks like FSU would also get one with a white background. I do like the OV locker room shots.

FSU's recruiting / social media teams are a very public dumpster fire right now. I'm not banking on them taking logical steps.

Our starting OL might be 2 5star elite OL who showed up well over 300lbs and ready to roll, a veteran C who's now 100% healthy, another elite 5 star who's also a veteran and back healthy and ready to roll, and a handful of other veterans ready to make some holes. This could be quite an improvement from last season and I expect it will be in year two.

If it isn't, then that would be an absolute outlier for Will Friend. Or what we call "being Tennessee".

VN Store

Back