'20 DC WR Rakim Jarrett (Maryland signee)

Anybody think we might play Alontae both ways in the future? We did recruit him as a WR, wonder if he ends up there in the future, at least part-time.
I wouldn't think so with him doing as well as he did last year, but I thought he would play WR last year. If we get a lot of DBs that are doing great and do not get many WRs that do not, it could happen, but I don't think so this year.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
I said in the future man, he's really a terrific athlete.
He still has to take the next step at corner. He's not a ballhawk yet, like Bryce has shown to already be. We've seen Bryce with the ball in his hands about 5 or 6 times already, and looks to be as elusive as Jerry Jeudy. If anyone pulls a Adoree Jackson(which neither will ever do) I would say it would be Bryce.

Last edited:
Reactions: justwatch123
Alontae has had so much success as a true freshman that I doubt he will get switched to the other side of the ball. He is only going to get better at his current position. If I was him, I would stick to DB because of the coaching he will get from some of the best in the country. His future is VERY bright if he stays motivated and healthy. Pruitt and Ansley will see to that

I wouldn't think so with him doing as well as he did last year, but I thought he would play WR last year. If we get a lot of DBs that are doing great and do not get many WRs that do not, it could happen, but I don't think so this year.
He is at his natural position.👍

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Alontae has had so much success as a true freshman that I doubt he will get switched to the other side of the ball. He is only going to get better at his current position. If I was him, I would stick to DB because of the coaching he will get from some of the best in the country. His future is VERY bright if he stays motivated and healthy. Pruitt and Ansley will see to that

Talked with his parents before the Florida game outside of Gate 21 last year. Super nice people. His mom told me Alontae could throw a mid-90s fastball in high school. Dude is an athlete straight up.

When was the last time we had a truly elite WR?

Denarious Moore was one of my favorite receivers of the last 10 years. He wasnt great early in his career but was phenomenal as a senior. Zac Rogers was similar in that regard. Calloway and Malone both have had good games in recent years. But none of them have had as many big moments as Jennings imo. Jennings is under appreciated

Denarious Moore was one of my favorite receivers of the last 10 years. He wasnt great early in his career but was phenomenal as a senior. Zac Rogers was similar in that regard. Calloway and Malone both have had good games in recent years. But none of them have had as many big moments as Jennings imo. Jennings is under appreciated
Denarius owes a lot of his success to Bray imo. I know a lot of u Bray bashers don't agree but he could throw that rock!

Denarius owes a lot of his success to Bray imo. I know a lot of u Bray bashers don't agree but he could throw that rock!
Wasn't a fan of his attitude, DD being your coach will only make that worse. But no doubt at all about his ability to throw, kid had an arm.

He also enjoyed the more than occasional whacky Tabaccy. I know this Bc i lived down the hall from him one year and next door to him the following year. That’s probably why he was so chill all of the time lol

Bray was an immature brat that didnt know a thing about how to be a full QB. With that said, it appears he has matured and I am happy for him. I was a fan of his raw gunslinging ability. Imagine if he studied the game enough early on to be able to check to a big play or rearrange protection.. he could have been big time.

Bray was an immature brat that didnt know a thing about how to be a full QB. With that said, it appears he has matured and I am happy for him. I was a fan of his raw gunslinging ability. Imagine if he studied the game enough early on to be able to check to a big play or rearrange protection.. he could have been big time.

Jeff George phenomenon, sometime if your arm is that good you don't think you have to do the other things.

Zach Roger's, ole white lightning. I think he was successful his last year because we had so much talent at WR that he usually got matched up with the worst CBs and coverage shaded away from him. Probably had the other team thinking run when he was in too.

VN Store

Back