The Golf Thread

He's a hard guy to like. For a while I thought he'd grow out of it, but it now appears he's just always going to have issues.
It seems like he was able to shed some of his worst qualities temporarily, but it's clear that's just who he is and he'll never really change.

If Sergio had it between the ears, he probably would have won 4-5 majors, perhaps more.

It seems like he was able to shed some of his worst qualities temporarily, but it's clear that's just who he is and he'll never really change.

If Sergio had it between the ears, he probably would have won 4-5 majors, perhaps more.
I have zero info, but it appears Sergio is having some personal issues that nobody knows about. Just a hunch.

2019-taylormade-milled-grind-2-wedge.jpg
can't wait for these to come out!

Tiger, passing a kid by for an autograph? Shocking!;)
I got Ben Hogan's autograph on the cover of the 1967 U.S. Open at Baltusrol. He kept walking fast, and had a cigarette burning between his lips, while talking to a sportswriter, and I had to run through the bushes in the front of that big English Tudor clubhouse. I was 17, and Hogan was about 53, I think at the time. He was not the friendliest person that I ever came across. The autograph looks just like the one on his clubs.

Reactions: peaygolf
Had my best round ever today +9 81. Previous was +10 but what kills me was I had a legit chance at breaking 80. On 16 and 17 make it to the green in regulation and 3 putt them both for bogey. Only 3 putts of the day. I would of rather shanked one off the tee and not had a chance than have two 3 putts keep me from it.

Had my best round ever today +9 81. Previous was +10 but what kills me was I had a legit chance at breaking 80. On 16 and 17 make it to the green in regulation and 3 putt them both for bogey. Only 3 putts of the day. I would of rather shanked one off the tee and not had a chance than have two 3 putts keep me from it.
I will say this.....anytime you shoot your best round ever.............GREAT JOB, whether it's 62 or 92.
Only thing I hate about golf is a 6 inch putt counts the same as a 300 yrd drive.:mad::mad:

Here is a good story about breaking 80 for the first time. The player is a friend and the president of one of the banks here. Anyway, I'm playing in a foursome with him maybe 35-40 years ago. He wasn't the president at the time, but an officer of some sort. So, we get through the 11th hole, and it starts lightning and raining hard. We all head for the 19th hole to either finish later or call it a day.

We start going over the round and my friend, Sam was only 1 or 2 over par through 11. Sam was normally a mid-80's to 90 shooter. The other 2 members of the foursome decided they had enough golf for the day, and didn't want to go back out. Sam doesn't want to go back out either. I think Sam was afraid to finish because he was having a career day. I stayed on him until he agreed to go back out and finish. It was just the two of us.

I don't really remember any shots to speak of other than him dumping it in the pond on 12 (first hole back on the course), and saying "let's forget it." I said "Sam, have you ever broken 80?" He said that he had not really gotten close enough, and I say "today, you are breaking 80." Sam is choking like a dog down the stretch and I am trying to build his confidence, encouraging him, helping him read putts, pick clubs, etc. all the way around. I was a cheerleader, a coach, and a caddie that day.

To make a long story short, Sam barely made it by the skin of his teeth with an 8 over par 79. It was the only time that Sam ever broke 80. He is in his early-mid 70's now, and he doesn't play much any more. We still talk about that round to this day. It was a hell of a milestone for him, and I was very proud of him that day. From my perspective, that was one of the most meaningful rounds of golf that I have been a part of.

Last edited:
He hasn't lost any of his ego.

I didn’t care much for him but I do like the way he approaches the game. I also can’t stand the way some people build him up and compare him to nfl linebackers and such. He’s an average size dude that wears extra medium polos with half sleeves.

VN Store

Back