'20 SC WR Jalin Hyatt (UT SIGNEE)

You know what would have made an astronomical difference in UT's last decade of coach hiring? Not expecting idiots who didn't give a sh!t to control the hiring.

Idiots who didn't care hiring idiots who couldn't coach = school that doesn't win
yep. and hte road back from all that, is a bit longer than most want to realize or admit. it just is what it is.

You know what would have made an astronomical difference in UT's last decade of coach hiring? Not expecting idiots who didn't give a sh!t to control the hiring.

Idiots who didn't care hiring idiots who couldn't coach = school that doesn't win
And idiots that hire agencies to hire coaches

Not quite. A negavol is one rarely has anything positive to say about the program or its players. You fit quite nicely within that definition.

Then you have no idea what you're talking about. There is not a single person on here that is like that.

Some of you take it personally if a poster isn't constantly pumping sunshine.

Sorry, I'm not going to pretend a three star with a weak offer list is going to be the next NFL superstar. Not talking about Hyatt but in general. I think Hyatt was a good pickup(oh no, I said something positive)

Reactions: BreatheUT
Not quite. A negavol is one rarely has anything positive to say about the program or its players. You fit quite nicely within that definition.
Then you have no idea what you're talking about. There is not a single person on here that is like that.

Sorry, I'm not going to pretend a three star with a weak offer list is going to be the next NFL superstar. Not talking about Hyatt but in general. I think Hyatt was a good pickup(oh no, I said something positive)
I don't even have words.

You do realize there is no coaching savior waiting in the wings, right? If we turn on Pruitt and throw him in the Tennessee River after three seasons or so, the next guy will be forced to build it back up by recruiting the exact same way Pruitt is right now. Nobody is walking into Tennessee and landing top 5 classes right out of the gate anymore. I think we all just need to relax and enjoy.
There's always Gruden. I kid I kid

There may have been a TideBruin or TideLeb or TideCuzinGreazey posting something of that ilk on their boards...but no way did that BUNCH “mostly” say they couldn’t do better than Shula. 😆
I specifically remember some of those comments regarding Franchione

No guarantees, but that doesn't mean you don't shoot for the stars. Look at all the posts about Jimbo negative recruiting us. The only reason he can pull that off is the credibility that his past success carries with recruits and thier families. I guarantee you the people at A&M factored that credibility into what they were willing to do to get Jimbo. Now Jimbo isn't Saban-level, probably never will be. But I'd rather have the guy who can turn recruits than the guy who has to beg 17 year-old kids to wait and see what we do on the field before writing us off completely.
Who would you go after?

Who would you go after?
seriously?

lol.
swaychip2.gif

Too blunt? And I thought I was soft-soaping it.
You were.

They allowed Mike Hamilton to hire another head football coach after the Kiffin disaster. After making the two worst hires in program history we hire Butch Jones who eventually leads us to the worst season in program history. Then we attempt to hire Schiano. Some very dumb ADs in there BUT one person was behind all those decisions regardless of the AD.

Idk whether Pruitt will be a great coach but I’m encouraged that dumbass Haslam wasn’t the one who chose him.

Posted this in another thread and I'll ask you.
Jones top 5 class - 30 commits, 1 5 star, 89.48 average.

Pruitt's 2019 class - only 23 commits, 2 - 5 stars, 90.49 average.

Every stat other than quantity says Pruitt brought in the better talent. You disagree?

2015 had 2 composite 5s fwiw

Imo, once you throw in last year's 2 transfers, they are pretty similar. Take out 5 players from 2015 and that class is #4 at 287.17 points. Add in equivalents of the transfers last year and you're at 278 and #7 class. Splitting hairs at that point. But Pruitt did this with only his first full class.

Last edited:

I do know what I am talking about. I don't seek out your posts, but I recall very few being positive. If we get a commit from a 3 star, I know you'll have something to say about it. I have no issues with people being critical of the program, a specific player (unless they are running them down in their own thread without evidence to justify it, or a coach. It is the people that are only critical that I have a problem with. I take none of this personally. I just enjoy calling people out whose opinion is unsubstantiated by any factual information.

I do know what I am talking about. I don't seek out your posts, but I recall very few being positive. If we get a commit from a 3 star, I know you'll have something to say about it. I have no issues with people being critical of the program, a specific player (unless they are running them down in their own thread without evidence to justify it, or a coach. It is the people that are only critical that I have a problem with. I take none of this personally. I just enjoy calling people out whose opinion is unsubstantiated by any factual information.

Its Not the stars, its the other offers I go by.

What makes you opinion factual info compared to mine or anyone else?

I could go back and look just about any recruit That Butch recruited and the same posters were building up every recruit of his. No matter the stars or offer lists. A lot of those recruits did very little at UT. Who is factual there? Some of those same posters were quick to like charger's last post

2015 had 2 composite 5s fwiw

Imo, once you throw in last year's 2 transfers, they are pretty similar. Take out 5 players from 2015 and that class is #4 at 287.17 points. Add in equivalents of the transfers last year and you're at 278 and #7 class. Splitting hairs at that point. But Pruitt did this with only his first full class.
But I look down that list and see the score for Sheriron Jones and Micah Abernathy and have no doubt about who brought more talent. Not gonna insult any Vols but some of the scores where questionable even before the results.

Forgot about Phillip's bein a 5, here's why though, not sure why 247 had it this way.

20190729_152033.jpg

You were spot on.
If you had said "NEVER post anything positive" I could still think of 2 or 3.
But you said "rarely", could come up with a fairly decent list.

VN Store

Back