Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Our girl Sadie (the one on the right) has been diagnosed with bone cancer, found out yesterday. We are devastated. Best pup I have ever seen. Still waiting to schedule some tests but absolute best case is somewhere around 2 years and thats with amputation and chemo, worst case is about 1 month. We just don't know yet.

View attachment 214088
Hate to hear the terrible news

Our girl Sadie (the one on the right) has been diagnosed with bone cancer, found out yesterday. We are devastated. Best pup I have ever seen. Still waiting to schedule some tests but absolute best case is somewhere around 2 years and thats with amputation and chemo, worst case is about 1 month. We just don't know yet.

View attachment 214088

We had to put down a member of the family a few months ago. A nice sweet old Havanese that sat by me when I would have fun frothing up over in the PF. He was always working and listening for someone strange at the door...thought it was his job. Had Cushing's disease and got to where he couldn't get up and down. Mrs. Ernest T. would feed and drink him out of a cup at all hours. We should have let him go earlier but just couldn't. Its hard to let them go.

I have 6 dogs.
We have 3 cats that are allowed in the yard by the pack. They will kill everything else that ventures in to the yard. Opossum, raccoon, squirrel, it doesn’t matter. We have new neighbors who have 2 cats. I made them bring the cats over and introduce them to the pack. It sounds silly but it’s better than dead cats.
The unintended consequences is now those cats use our dog doors to come visit us.

You think it's funny your dog killed your neighbors cat? Sick.
Right. The cat was presumably a pet. I would think that the neighbors felt the same way as if one’s dog was torn apart by another dog. Even if you don’t like cats (or dogs), that’s nothing to lol at.

Even if it was just a barn cat, that’s a terrible way for any animal to die.

Anyway, it is still a ridiculously cute dog!

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I have 6 dogs.
We have 3 cats that are allowed in the yard by the pack. They will kill everything else that ventures in to the yard. Opossum, raccoon, squirrel, it doesn’t matter. We have new neighbors who have 2 cats. I made them bring the cats over and introduce them to the pack. It sounds silly but it’s better than dead cats.
The unintended consequences is now those cats use our dog doors to come visit us.
Because six dogs are not enough four-legged critters in the house! 😁 —or maybe nine - I sorta lost track there.

Because six dogs are not enough four-legged critters in the house! 😁 —or maybe nine - I sorta lost track there.
6 dogs and 1 cat are mine. 2 more cats come in the house to see us. They know where the food is. And get along with everyone else so it doesn’t bother me any.

Reactions: VolNExile
True story.

The neighbor cat that comes by was being chased by a loose dog. He jumped the fence and ran into our back yard. The stray almost followed which would have been a huge mistake as Siggy the Pitt bull was waiting just inside the fence. Jack, the neighbor cat stayed with us for a couple of days after that.

Last edited:
You think it's funny your dog killed your neighbors cat? Sick.
oh good grief. Exaggerate much? I lol'd because my dog is sweet but also ferocious at the same time which is ironic. I'm not going to cry for someone's pet that got in my yard. And for the record I tried to break it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Pickens
Right. The cat was presumably a pet. I would think that the neighbors felt the same way as if one’s dog was torn apart by another dog. Even if you don’t like cats (or dogs), that’s nothing to lol at.

Even if it was just a barn cat, that’s a terrible way for any animal to die.

Anyway, it is still a ridiculously cute dog!
it is an animal and crap happens.

I have 6 dogs.
I had to break up a fight with ours and a raccoon. It was pretty vicious. Dog had to get stitches

We had to put down a member of the family a few months ago. A nice sweet old Havanese that sat by me when I would have fun frothing up over in the PF. He was always working and listening for someone strange at the door...thought it was his job. Had Cushing's disease and got to where he couldn't get up and down. Mrs. Ernest T. would feed and drink him out of a cup at all hours. We should have let him go earlier but just couldn't. Its hard to let them go.
Sorry to hear about your lose. She is having a very rough day today, never had to do this before so not sure when the time is right

VN Store

Back