Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

We had a bad July 4th weekend at the farm.

My sweet 10yr old girl Nyssa has been suffering with hip dysphagia for a few years. We did what we could to help with pain management, proper exercise and diet, but bless her heart she finally reached the point that she was struggling to get up, get around and the pain management was not allowing her to rest or enjoy life. She could not maintain a quality of life she had earned as our family protector, babysitter for the kids and now grandkids and trusted friend.

This one hurt, best Shepherd I have ever worked with. I rescued her as a small pup and trained her at 6 months old as a service dog for my father and she quickly became a beloved member of our family. At 18 months she was protection trained literally displaying the aptitude for proper situational response without prompting. She was always on point and amazed us all with her ability to discern a situation and act accordingly without prompting or command. It was like she took in everything around her and knew where and when to respond and what level of response was appropriate. Whether it was putting herself between the grandkids and a stray dog or blocking my path and herding me away from a timber rattler I did not see ahead of me on a wooded path, she was always there. Great GSD for sure.

I am a tough guy, but this one hit me hard...

CH_V

View attachment 212292View attachment 212293

😞😢

Reactions: goldenvol
Our girl Sadie (the one on the right) has been diagnosed with bone cancer, found out yesterday. We are devastated. Best pup I have ever seen. Still waiting to schedule some tests but absolute best case is somewhere around 2 years and thats with amputation and chemo, worst case is about 1 month. We just don't know yet.

sadie.jpg

Our girl Sadie (the one on the right) has been diagnosed with bone cancer, found out yesterday. We are devastated. Best pup I have ever seen. Still waiting to schedule some tests but absolute best case is somewhere around 2 years and thats with amputation and chemo, worst case is about 1 month. We just don't know yet.

View attachment 214088

That stinks! I hate to hear that.

View attachment 214088

Sorry to hear about your pup Justin.

And don't let her looks deceive you. She is a wild beast. She does not play with other dogs at all and has killed multiple animals in our yard including our neighbor's cat. LOL

And don't let her looks deceive you. She is a wild beast. She does not play with other dogs at all and has killed multiple animals in our yard including our neighbor's cat. LOL

I have owned Rat Terriers all my life and they can be off the charts crazy also. Our current dog digs up moles like crazy and has alerted me about two copperheads.

Reactions: theFallGuy

VN Store

Back