Depth chart/lineup

NighthawkVol

I’ve got exactly 85 scholarship players here. This is a guess as to how things shake out, not necessarily what it looks like in Game 1.

QB- Jarrett Guarantano (RSJr.), J.T. Shrout (RSFr.), Brian Maurer (Fr.)
RB- Ty Chandler (Jr.), Tim Jordan (Jr.), Eric Gray (Fr.), Jeremy Banks (So.), Carlin Fils-Aime (Sr.)
FB- Austin Pope (RSJr.), Princeton Fant (RSSo.)
WR- Joshua Palmer (Jr.), Tyler Byrd (Sr.), Jerrod Means (Fr.)
WR- Marquez Calloway (Sr.), Cedric Tillman (RSFr.), Ramel Keyton (Fr.), Kenney Solomon (Fr.)
SL- Jauan Jennings (RSSr.), Jordan Murphy (Jr.), Jacquez Jones (RSSo.), Brandon Johnson (Sr.)
TE- Dominick Wood-Anderson (Sr.), Jackson Lowe (Fr.), Sean Brown (Fr.), Jacob Warren (RSFr.)
RT- Jahmir Johnson (RSJr.), Marcus Tatum (Sr.)
RG- Trey Smith (Jr.), K’Rojhn Calbert (RSSo.), Chris Akporoghene (Fr.), Jackson Lampley (Fr.)
C- Brandon Kennedy (RSSr.), Ryan Johnson (RSJr.), Riley Locklear (Jr.)
LG- Jerome Carvin (So.), Nathan Niehaus (RSJr.), Oliver Lane (RSFr.)
LT- Wanya Morris (Fr.), Darnell Wright (Fr.)

DE- Matthew Butler (Jr.), John Mincey (So.), Greg Emerson (RSFr.), Kurot Garland (RSFr.)
NT- Emmitt Gooden (Sr.), Savion Williams (Jr.), Kingston Harris (RSFr.), Elijah Simmons (Fr.)
DE- Aubrey Solomon (Jr.), Darel Middleton (Jr.), Latrell Bumphus (Jr.), JaQuain Blakley (RSJr.)
JACK- Darrell Taylor (RSSr.), Roman Harrison (Fr.), Jordan Allen (RSJr.)
WILL- Henry To’oto’o (Fr.), Shanon Reid (Jr.)
MIKE- Daniel Bituli (Sr.), Will Ignont (Jr.), JJ Peterson (RSFr.)
SAM- Deandre Johnson (Jr.), Quavaris Crouch (Fr.), Kivon Bennett (RSSo.)
LCB- Bryce Thompson (So.), Tyus Fields (Fr.), Terrell Bailey (RSSo.)
RCB- Alontae Taylor (So.), Kenneth George (RSJr.), Warren Burrell (Fr.)
NB- DeAngelo Gibbs (Jr.), Baylen Buchanan (Sr.), Shawn Shamburger (Jr.), Kenneth George (RSJr.), Cheyenne Labruzza (RSSo.)
S- Nigel Warrior (Sr.), Theo Jackson (Jr.), Maleik Gray (Jr.)
S- Trevon Flowers (So.), Jaylen McCollough (Fr.), Aaron Beasley (Fr.), Brandon Davis (RSFr.)

K- Brent Cimaglia (Jr.)
P- Joe Doyle (RSSo.)
KOS- Paxton Brooks (So.)

KR- Ty Chandler (Jr.), Nigel Warrior (Sr.)
PR- Marquez Calloway (Sr.), Kenny Solomon (Fr.)

LS- Riley Lovingood (RSSr.)

Attrition: Solon Page (Jr.)

well maybe coach will let you call plays too.
tenor.gif

Reactions: bpalmer28
I think this is the first time I've seen anyone list Savion Williams as a second stringer. How can you pencil Henry T. as a starter when he hasn't been through a spring or fall camp yet??

I’ve got exactly 85 scholarship players here. This is a guess as to how things shake out, not necessarily what it looks like in Game 1.

RB- Ty Chandler (Jr.), Tim Jordan (Jr.), Eric Gray (Fr.), Jeremy Banks (So.), Carlin Fils-Aime (Sr.)
WR- Marquez Calloway (Sr.), Cedric Tillman (RSFr.), Ramel Keyton (Fr.), Kenney Solomon (Fr.)
SL- Jauan Jennings (RSSr.), Jordan Murphy (Jr.), Jacquez Jones (RSSo.), Brandon Johnson (Sr.)
TE- Dominick Wood-Anderson (Sr.), Jackson Lowe (Fr.), Sean Brown (Fr.), Jacob Warren (RSFr.)
RG- Trey Smith (Jr.), K’Rojhn Calbert (RSSo.), Chris Akporoghene (Fr.), Jackson Lampley (Fr.)

DE- Matthew Butler (Jr.), John Mincey (So.), Greg Emerson (RSFr.), Kurot Garland (RSFr.)
NT- Emmitt Gooden (Sr.), Savion Williams (Jr.), Kingston Harris (RSFr.), Elijah Simmons (Fr.)
DE- Aubrey Solomon (Jr.), Darel Middleton (Jr.), Latrell Bumphus (Jr.), JaQuain Blakley (RSJr.)
NB- DeAngelo Gibbs (Jr.), Baylen Buchanan (Sr.), Shawn Shamburger (Jr.), Kenneth George (RSJr.), Cheyenne Labruzza (RSSo.)
S- Trevon Flowers (So.), Jaylen McCollough (Fr.), Aaron Beasley (Fr.), Brandon Davis (RSFr.)

K- Brent Cimaglia (Jr.)
P- Joe Doyle (RSSo.)
KOS- Paxton Brooks (So.)

With so many "situation players" and "situations" in the ever increasing complex game of football, why is the term "starter" so important? To me the starters are just that, nothing more, you see single guys and yes whole "groups" of guys running on and off the field all the time. About the only "stable" group that doesn't change much are the interior offense line. So "starter" means little more than the guy who plays the first play, because he may be on the sideline, if the skills need can be better preformed by the "next guy" for the perceived called or expected play. If the "rotating" players are not just as good or better when they inter the game for the "situation" at hand, well, you don't have a top level total team.

Reactions: wlkx
If Trey Smith is healthy, I probably see him starting at LT or RT instead of Guard. He can do either place.

Darnell Wright will be interesting. He was one of the most impressive OL in the Under Armor All American game.

K- Brent Cimaglia (Jr.)
P- Joe Doyle (RSSo.)
KOS- Paxton Brooks (So.)

Nice breakdown

Burrell is already 2nd string.
T Bailey as well until Solomon gets up to speed. George has to get out the dog house.

I think Henry T is the starter by the 4th game. Roman Harrison sooner. Ried has really improved he might start. Bituli will be lined up everywhere. (WDE, OLB, ILB)

O-line. Who knows lol. A lot of beef there now. That's a plus.

Mincey is a true sophomore at DE/DT but he is strong and rangy. He'll start over Butler I think.

The roster is 200 percent than last year. That's for sure.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

K- Brent Cimaglia (Jr.)
P- Joe Doyle (RSSo.)
KOS- Paxton Brooks (So.)

I don’t think any of our Freshman get the nod initially. They could win the start throughout the year, but not so sure.

Also, I think Brandon Johnson plays second string behind Jennings.

Not sure how anyone can look at that depth chart and feel good about this team, based on:
--No proven playmakers on either side of the ball. (EB, Al, LL, BIg John or Carter on D -- Pickens, Henry, Still/Davis, Dobbs)
--No proven deep threat at WR to stretch the defense and get the safeties away the LOS so a running game can be established
--Of the top 3 RBs, 2 are small and one does not have SEC speed
--DL and LB are anywhere from unknown to unproven.
--No proven speed rusher (Taylor inconsistent)
--None of the LBs are proven or have not shown an ability to make plays sideline to sideline
--Same group of OL that have not been able to even slow down a good SEC pass rush or get to the 2nd level to make blocks in the run game
--Only 3 of the OL have top SEC talent and one will not be at full speed (if he plays) and the other 2 are true freshmen
--Young corners who have shown flashes but still struggled to tackle in space and cover top end WRs
--A very talented safety who struggles to line up correctly and gets lost way too often and a bunch of unproven guys at the other S position.
--A QB who has proven to be "tough" and has an ability to take a hit but not to always find the open receiver quickly or see the blitzes (not all his fault)
--Most of the top talent on this team are freshmen and sophs and unproven
--Very few of the players on this team would even be in the 2 deep of the teams in the 90s
--Still a lot of questions about this teams' overall toughness after they just absolutely laid down in the last 2 games when one win gets a bowl game
--Throw in new coordinators on both sides of the ball and you get a little confusion and a lot of struggles.

I appreciate the optimism many of you have but most of us who remember the good ol days 1989-2004 can recognize the lack of talent available on this roster. 5-6 wins should be expected but anything over that would be very good and 7 or 8 wins should qualify Pruitt for SEC Coach of the Year.

Last edited:
Well I guess it's time to make a guess about what the team will do. I think the O line will be much better than most expect. the quarterback will have more time and the running backs ypc will improve. I also expect the D line to be somewhat better as most players are experienced with the system.. The linebackers will be improved due to experience in the system. I hope the new guys help but you have to give them some time in the system. On the back end I think we will be solid. I hate to venture a guess as I have no internet points, and I have been wrong in the past, due to massive amounts of Orange drink. I expect to see us go 7-5 or 8-4. Just a guess by an old Vol.

Not sure how anyone can look at that depth chart and feel good about this team, based on:
--No proven playmakers on either side of the ball. (EB, Al, LL, BIg John or Carter on D -- Pickens, Henry, Still/Davis, Dobbs)
--No proven deep threat at WR to stretch the defense and get the safeties away the LOS so a running game can be established
--None of the LBs are proven or have not shown an ability to make plays sideline to sideline
--Same group of OL that have not been able to even slow down a good SEC pass rush or get to the 2nd level to make blocks in the run game
--Only 3 of the OL have top SEC talent and one will not be at full speed (if he plays) and the other 2 are true freshmen
--Young corners who have shown flashes but still struggled to tackle in space and cover top end WRs
--A very talented safety who struggles to line up correctly and gets lost way too often and a bunch of unproven guys at the other S position.
--A QB who has proven to be "tough" and has an ability to take a hit but not to always find the open receiver quickly or see the blitzes (not all his fault)
--Very few of the players on this team would even be in the 2 deep of the teams in the 90s
--Still a lot of questions about this teams' overall toughness after they just absolutely laid down in the last 2 games when one win gets a bowl game
--Throw in new coordinators on both sides of the ball and you get a little confusion and a lot of struggles.

I appreciate the optimism many of you have but most of us who remember the good ol days 1989-2004 can recognize the lack of talent available on this roster. 5-6 wins should be expected but anything over that would be very good and 7 or 8 wins should qualify Pruitt for SEC Coach of the Year.
You must be fun at parties

If Trey Smith is healthy, I probably see him starting at LT or RT instead of Guard. He can do either place.

Darnell Wright will be interesting. He was one of the most impressive OL in the Under Armor All American game.
If Smith is healthy, I think he will be next to the Center, probably the Left Guard.

As chip diamond would say....psssh!

Reactions: AlcoVOLic

VN Store

Back