'20 JUCO OT Tairiq Stewart

Brooklyn ASA offensive tackle Tairiq Stewart was offered by Tennessee in late April and earned an offer after camping at Maryland last month, and now he is in the process of setting up official visits for the fall. The one-time Warrensville Heights (Ohio) High player is also looking at official visits to Auburn and Ole Miss, but he has to wait to schedule them.

“Both schools want me to come and visit on our bye week so a date will be established after our schedule is officially out,” the 6-foot-6, 335-pound Stewart said. “All of my visits are going to be in-season and I am nowhere near a decision.”

Maryland and Tennessee also remain involved with Stewart, who made visits to each of the school in June. He will have three years to play two after he finishes his sophomore season at ASA. “Schools like me because of my versatility,” he said. “So (being) a tackle and guard is fine.” Tennessee has a connection with ASA through Joe Osovet, the Vols’ director of programming for football. He is the former head coach at ASA.

Meanwhile, Maryland landed ASA teammate Parris Heath in the 2019 class. Coordinating the official visits will be key for Stewart, whose team is expected to play mostly on Saturdays in the fall.

“In terms of what I am looking for in a school, the answer is easy,” Stewart said. “I'm looking for a family environment, somewhere that sees football as something more than just a business. I want to play for someone that I'd run through a wall for, someone where I can have a real conversation without it having anything to do with football. I want to feel the love wherever I decide to continue my college career at.”

-Brian Dohn, 247

VN Store

Back