Georgia WR's

Fun fact:

Bama has won 5 straight against Georgia. All 5 games were played in the state of Georgia.

But yeah, UGA has some decent WRs.
Had to work for the 5th one but correct, blackout game was the first. Could easily be 3-2 in that span but if ifs and buts where candy and nuts, we’d all have a Merry Christmas.

Smokeyone needs to worry about beating Vandy, not NFL mock drafts

I used up my eligibility on Fencing and bowling in the late 90s so I cant suit up to beat Vandy.

Fortunately I can still evaluate a 6'2ish, unathletic QB with an average arm (at best) and compare that to current trends in drafted NFL QBs. Unless I missed my guess the demand for undersized, unathletic QBs with average to below average arms just isn't very high.

I can see why the UGA RBs would be drafted, I can see the UGA Oline having a potential 1st rounder and 2 others that should be drafted. Those make sense and have/had the size and skillset to merit it.

If Tua misses more than 2 games this year due to injury I would guess many teams will pass on him for injury concerns despite the golden arm.

So, I am supposed to assume your comments are a fact of "what he is"? I guess that's the first question. Either way, taking off the fan hat and looking at what scouts who have a vested interest in making a proper pick for their team and get paid to do so is a lot more credible than what you think he is. But if I say, ok, I'll play .. he is extremely sharp in his accuracy and overall ball placement, makes proper decisions, is not an elite arm but still has above average arm strength and realizing that arm talent is more than just being able to chunk it 70 yards downfield, he has plenty of arm talent showing he ability to make key throws and lead receivers into the right area.

Height is the most overrated stat of a QB when getting past the 6' mark .. as to your comment about 6'4" being the norm for NFL QBs, that's a fallacy as this chart shows .. and even some of that stretched the truth as it shows Matt Stafford at 6'3" when the combine measured him at 6'2" and same with Derek Carr.

A look at the height of every NFL starting QB. Kyler Murray would rank as the NFL's smallest QB
NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Matthew Stafford

Here, I actually provide factual evidence that based on current NFL starters, Fromm is FAR from undersized at 6'2" and 220 pounds (and those have been his listed numbers by virtually every outlet out there so let's not make up our own numbers here as you have before).

His vaulted (by you) accuracy merited a completion rate .001 better than UKs Wilson. Infact his stats are very similar. The difference being Fromm played an extra game. Most would consider Wilson a below average passer. Nobody expects Fromm to be more than a game manager. He really didn't throw the ball very much (by design) and when he did it was short to intermediate yardage, mainly dump offs to keep Ds honest. His 41 yards rushing just doesn't scream athletic or mobile in a QB.

And every game last year he completed more than 25 passes they lost. A great stat for a QB seeking an NFL future.

Newsflash, most NFL scouts aren't looking at stats because they get the skewed ones that fool people like Wilson being as good accuracy wise .. Wilson throws a TON of short, high-percentage throws and has nothing for deep ball accuracy.

I used up my eligibility on Fencing and bowling in the late 90s so I cant suit up to beat Vandy.

Fortunately I can still evaluate a 6'2ish, unathletic QB with an average arm (at best) and compare that to current trends in drafted NFL QBs. Unless I missed my guess the demand for undersized, unathletic QBs with average to below average arms just isn't very high.

I can see why the UGA RBs would be drafted, I can see the UGA Oline having a potential 1st rounder and 2 others that should be drafted. Those make sense and have/had the size and skillset to merit it.

If Tua misses more than 2 games this year due to injury I would guess many teams will pass on him for injury concerns despite the golden arm.

Actually, I don't think you can make that evaluation without subjecting the player to your bias against them because of them playing for a hated rival. Literally every knock you have against Fromm is something that has shown to be a non-factor by many current QBs. You say his arm is average at best but that is simply not true by any measure. Is it elite? No, but more than enough as noted by people who get paid to scout players and some of those are guys who get paid to do it for actual teams and not media outlets. You've said he looks more 6'0 than 6'2" but if you can see that 2 inch difference by watching dudes in cleats, with helmets, lumbering around or running around on a field, you have vision that would make fighter pilots a bit jealous. Unathletic? He is mobile enough in the pocket to evade people but is he a 4.5 40 guy? Nope. Less tan 10% of the NFL QBs are, especially the successful ones. But can he run out of the pocket to get you a first down on 3rd and 8? Yep and has done it many times. If you watch the UF game with Fromm having a TON of pressure on him coming off the poor LSU performance and people starting to want Fields in more, you'll see why scouts are starting to really look at him as a sure 1st rounder and maybe a very high level one.

Jake Fromm early 2020 NFL Draft scouting notes and thoughts
SEC QB expert: Georgia's Jake Fromm 'a surgeon that kills you with execution'
Kiper makes NFL draft predictions for Justin Herbert, Jake Fromm

And for the record, here is a "what must improve" for Tua ..

Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
Must improve: Arm strength and downfield ball placement

Tagovailoa had the highest Passing Efficiency Rating (199.4) in Division I history in 2018, bettering two of Baker Mayfield's seasons at Oklahoma and Kyler Murray's Heisman-winning campaign.

Despite Tagovailoa's marvelous work as a passer and strong likelihood of being a top 10 pick, he does have minor issues to work out of his game to improve as a prospect and ultimately become a star in the NFL.

The first noticeable ding on Tagovailoa's game is his lack of a big arm. Having a cannon isn't a prerequisite for being an effective pro quarterback, but not possessing one can get passers into trouble in some instances on Sundays.

His smaller frame likely doesn't help when needing to create a lot of momentum in his arm, but it's Tagovailoa's off-kilter front foot that forces him to use too much of his upper body and not enough of his lower body to generate velocity. He has a tendency to step a shade too far to the outside of the direction of his intended target. Therefore, the power from the torquing of his body improperly transfers outward instead of forward, his hips open early, and those throws are made almost entirely with his arm. This happens the most often on throws to his right.

Tagovailoa must fine-tune his footwork -- especially where that front leg lands in relation to where he's throwing the ball -- to produce more speed on his passes.

Secondly, his downfield accuracy could use some polish. Yes, every Tagovailoa highlight reel from 2018 includes a variety of long balls to Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, and Devonta Smith. But many of those tosses were to wide open receivers. Too often, when Tagovailoa needed to fit the ball through a tight window deep, his passes simply weren't on the money.

According to Sports Info Solutions, Tagovailoa was "on target" on 64.8 percent of his throws made 20 or more yards downfield, a figure that seems high but was actually the 23rd-best among college quarterbacks last season. That figure was behind Kyler Murray (70.1 percent, 5th place), Drew Lock (67.8, 9th place), Will Grier (67.6, 10th place), and a tenth of a percentage point behind Dwayne Haskins (64.9).

Tagovailoa works very well within the pocket when pressure is mounting, can make anticipation throws, flies through his progressions, and has pinpoint accuracy at the short-to-intermediate levels. His arm strength and deep-ball accuracy must improve.

Reactions: secking
Here, I actually provide factual evidence that based on current NFL starters, Fromm is FAR from undersized at 6'2" and 220 pounds (and those have been his listed numbers by virtually every outlet out there so let's not make up our own numbers here as you have before).

Newsflash, most NFL scouts aren't looking at stats because they get the skewed ones that fool people like Wilson being as good accuracy wise .. Wilson throws a TON of short, high-percentage throws and has nothing for deep ball accuracy.

Actually, I don't think you can make that evaluation without subjecting the player to your bias against them because of them playing for a hated rival. Literally every knock you have against Fromm is something that has shown to be a non-factor by many current QBs. You say his arm is average at best but that is simply not true by any measure. Is it elite? No, but more than enough as noted by people who get paid to scout players and some of those are guys who get paid to do it for actual teams and not media outlets. You've said he looks more 6'0 than 6'2" but if you can see that 2 inch difference by watching dudes in cleats, with helmets, lumbering around or running around on a field, you have vision that would make fighter pilots a bit jealous. Unathletic? He is mobile enough in the pocket to evade people but is he a 4.5 40 guy? Nope. Less tan 10% of the NFL QBs are, especially the successful ones. But can he run out of the pocket to get you a first down on 3rd and 8? Yep and has done it many times. If you watch the UF game with Fromm having a TON of pressure on him coming off the poor LSU performance and people starting to want Fields in more, you'll see why scouts are starting to really look at him as a sure 1st rounder and maybe a very high level one.

Jake Fromm early 2020 NFL Draft scouting notes and thoughts
SEC QB expert: Georgia's Jake Fromm 'a surgeon that kills you with execution'
Kiper makes NFL draft predictions for Justin Herbert, Jake Fromm

And for the record, here is a "what must improve" for Tua ..

Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
Must improve: Arm strength and downfield ball placement

Tagovailoa had the highest Passing Efficiency Rating (199.4) in Division I history in 2018, bettering two of Baker Mayfield's seasons at Oklahoma and Kyler Murray's Heisman-winning campaign.

Despite Tagovailoa's marvelous work as a passer and strong likelihood of being a top 10 pick, he does have minor issues to work out of his game to improve as a prospect and ultimately become a star in the NFL.

The first noticeable ding on Tagovailoa's game is his lack of a big arm. Having a cannon isn't a prerequisite for being an effective pro quarterback, but not possessing one can get passers into trouble in some instances on Sundays.

His smaller frame likely doesn't help when needing to create a lot of momentum in his arm, but it's Tagovailoa's off-kilter front foot that forces him to use too much of his upper body and not enough of his lower body to generate velocity. He has a tendency to step a shade too far to the outside of the direction of his intended target. Therefore, the power from the torquing of his body improperly transfers outward instead of forward, his hips open early, and those throws are made almost entirely with his arm. This happens the most often on throws to his right.

Tagovailoa must fine-tune his footwork -- especially where that front leg lands in relation to where he's throwing the ball -- to produce more speed on his passes.

Secondly, his downfield accuracy could use some polish. Yes, every Tagovailoa highlight reel from 2018 includes a variety of long balls to Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, and Devonta Smith. But many of those tosses were to wide open receivers. Too often, when Tagovailoa needed to fit the ball through a tight window deep, his passes simply weren't on the money.

According to Sports Info Solutions, Tagovailoa was "on target" on 64.8 percent of his throws made 20 or more yards downfield, a figure that seems high but was actually the 23rd-best among college quarterbacks last season. That figure was behind Kyler Murray (70.1 percent, 5th place), Drew Lock (67.8, 9th place), Will Grier (67.6, 10th place), and a tenth of a percentage point behind Dwayne Haskins (64.9).

Tagovailoa works very well within the pocket when pressure is mounting, can make anticipation throws, flies through his progressions, and has pinpoint accuracy at the short-to-intermediate levels. His arm strength and deep-ball accuracy must improve.

Too long to bother reading but I did skim it.

Fromm better hope scouts just look at stats because his film is more honest and shows a guy with a below average arm that doesn't do very well under pressure. You say has he has pocket mobility? It's ok to average at best. When pressured he can take a step or two but he isn't athletic enough to play behind an average line. He strengthens are the ability to turn left to hand off the ball or turn right to hand off the ball. He is blessed to play in a system that can utilize that skill set.

Do you really believe Tua has arm strength problems? And you dont feel that Fromm as an arm liability problem? Wow.

Fromm is a 3rd or 4th round value pick that will never see the field outside preseason. He should get a shot at being a GA or in a booth after he washes out in a couple years

Too long to bother reading but I did skim it.

Fromm better hope scouts just look at stats because his film is more honest and shows a guy with a below average arm that doesn't do very well under pressure. You say has he has pocket mobility? It's ok to average at best. When pressured he can take a step or two but he isn't athletic enough to play behind an average line. He strengthens are the ability to turn left to hand off the ball or turn right to hand off the ball. He is blessed to play in a system that can utilize that skill set.

Do you really believe Tua has arm strength problems? And you dont feel that Fromm as an arm liability problem? Wow.

Fromm is a 3rd or 4th round value pick that will never see the field outside preseason. He should get a shot at being a GA or in a booth after he washes out in a couple years

You see, you keep ignoring the literal plethora of guys who get paid for this who state just the opposite. You ignored the REAL analysis on Tua's arm strength. When he has to unleash it, his downfield accuracy drops. You "skimmed" through what? The posted links to actual analysis? You seem to ignore the large amount of deep outs that Fromm has excelled at which you can't do with just an "average at best" arm. You ignore the overwhelming evidence listed in those articles that completely discredit that last statement you make which has no merit to it whatsoever. You ignore the analysis on Tua, who is a fine QB in his own right, but is not without his flaws. That wasn't my analysis that came from here .. 2020 NFL Draft: Here are the flaws next year's top quarterback prospects must fix .. and shows that EVERY QB has his flaws. You talk about Fromm's size but ignore Tua's size and the fact that he got clobbered when he tried to be mobile against UGA and Clemson.

Just keep ignoring the facts. You're allowed your own opinion but not your own facts.

You see, you keep ignoring the literal plethora of guys who get paid for this who state just the opposite. You ignored the REAL analysis on Tua's arm strength. When he has to unleash it, his downfield accuracy drops. You "skimmed" through what? The posted links to actual analysis? You seem to ignore the large amount of deep outs that Fromm has excelled at which you can't do with just an "average at best" arm. You ignore the overwhelming evidence listed in those articles that completely discredit that last statement you make which has no merit to it whatsoever. You ignore the analysis on Tua, who is a fine QB in his own right, but is not without his flaws. That wasn't my analysis that came from here .. 2020 NFL Draft: Here are the flaws next year's top quarterback prospects must fix .. and shows that EVERY QB has his flaws. You talk about Fromm's size but ignore Tua's size and the fact that he got clobbered when he tried to be mobile against UGA and Clemson.

Just keep ignoring the facts. You're allowed your own opinion but not your own facts.
This time of the year it's about selling magazines and getting clicks. And the Bama vs UGA stuff sells. By extension so does the Fromm vs Tua stuff. Its feel good fluff filler and clickbait. Open your eyes. Look at film, look at Fromms skillset. He isn't a franchise QB, he isn't a guy that can lead a team and make others better. He is exactly what he is, nothing special, nothing stands out about him other than he plays at UGA. When the game has been put on his shoulders, UGA loses. Both Eason and Fields have better skillsets than Fromm and bother were runoff by Kirbys very restrictive Offensive strategy. He ran Chaney off too. Fromm is perfectly suited to that O that doesn't expect him to do much.
Fromm just doesn't have anything that stands out. If he was 6'2 and had an elite arm and had the ability to make something out of nothing with pure athleticism he would warrant a first round pick. Or if he was a hyper competitive type like Tebow but accurate. But he just isn't. He is there to hand off and make safe throws while letting slot backs get YAC.

As for draft "experts" they are rather divided on Fromm (helps sell clicks and mags) with just as many pointing out height/velocity/athletesism issues. The consensus is that he is likable and can read Ds but takes too many sacks given his Oline.

From your link
Fromm has a good chance to go in the first round. He's not a lock. To solidify himself in that mid-to-late Round 1 range, he needs to prove to be capable of carrying Georgia's offense more than he did in 2018. Fromm is a solid prospect right now, he's just not as accurate as Tagovailoa nor as physically gifted as Herbert.

Here is rotoworlds take. Much in line with mine
Fromm took a nice step forward last year, with his completion percentage jumping from 62.2 to 67.4 as his YPA average remained a sterling 9.0. I love the accuracy, I love the moxie, I love that Fromm manages to strain the defense down the field while rarely putting the ball in harm’s way.
I also love that Fromm’s been battle-tested from high-level athletic showcases over a period of years. He played in the Little League World Series as a kid and was a ballyhooed prep quarterback featured on the Netflix documentary “QB1: Beyond the Lights” who went on to unseat five-star Jacob Eason as a true freshman.
In the pocket, Fromm is a smooth operator who oozes confidence. He isn’t going to do any damage outside of the pocket, but he has good footwork and feel inside of it, moving to a new spot and resetting when danger is nigh. I love the compact, repeatable delivery – Fromm has clearly thrown a football hundreds of thousands of times to achieve that form.
He processes very quickly, doesn’t give the ball away, and has plus-plus accuracy in the intermediate area. One nice micro-level NFL throwing quality Fromm has is throwing receivers open by being early. He has the utmost confidence in what he’s seeing, and he doesn’t hesitate when he thinks an opportunity has presented itself – even if the receiver he’s throwing to may not realize it quite yet.
Touch, accuracy, and anticipation on a guy who makes sound reads quickly and confidently is a tantalizing combination for an NFL prospect. Where Fromm gets dinged is height (he’s listed at 6’2; Twitter has endlessly debated whether he’s actually 6’1, or if he’s actually a tic over 6’2), lack of athleticism, and lack of a howitzer arm.
Fromm doesn’t have a noodle, but he doesn’t generate the easy velocity other top prospects do and he can’t hurl the ball 70 yards downfield. Sometimes I wonder if he deliberately avoids certain throws (or sectors of the field) because he doesn’t completely trust his ability to get the ball downfield on time and on the money.
That isn’t the biggest issue in college. But when Fromm moves to the NFL, where the scouting reports are absurdly advanced, he can’t have multiple red “cold” zones when the field is broken into nine sectors. Because if defenses don’t have to defend certain areas of the field vertically, and they don’t have to worry about Fromm beating them with his legs horizontally, he becomes easier to defend.
A decade ago, I think Fromm is a lock first-rounder. But the game is changing into a speed and space affair. In that new normal, Fromm’s path to greatness is following the Drew Brees blueprint and developing elite touch and accuracy. He’s not quite there yet, but Fromm showed in the developmental steps he took last year that he could get there.
He still hasn’t thrown for 3,000 yards in a season. I know Georgia is a run-heavy team, but Fromm is going to get some freebie yards this year working with D’Andre Swift, one of the nation’s best receiving backs.
I want him to translate the rate stats over more usage and make a run at the Heisman ceremony. If that happens, he’s going to cement his spot in the opening stanza next spring. If it doesn’t, staring at the possibility of existing in the Will Grier/Ryan Finleyevaluation-value phylum, he may surprise and elect to stick around for his senior year
Another year in college to prove he has the arm, showcase some scrambling, and maybe grow an inch or at least show the world he is more than just a guy happy handing the ball off and try the draft in 2021 or enjoy playing for the last time in 2020.

From your link
Fromm has a good chance to go in the first round. He's not a lock. To solidify himself in that mid-to-late Round 1 range, he needs to prove to be capable of carrying Georgia's offense more than he did in 2018. Fromm is a solid prospect right now, he's just not as accurate as Tagovailoa nor as physically gifted as Herbert.

Here is rotoworlds take. Much in line with mine
Fromm took a nice step forward last year, with his completion percentage jumping from 62.2 to 67.4 as his YPA average remained a sterling 9.0. I love the accuracy, I love the moxie, I love that Fromm manages to strain the defense down the field while rarely putting the ball in harm’s way.
I also love that Fromm’s been battle-tested from high-level athletic showcases over a period of years. He played in the Little League World Series as a kid and was a ballyhooed prep quarterback featured on the Netflix documentary “QB1: Beyond the Lights” who went on to unseat five-star Jacob Eason as a true freshman.
In the pocket, Fromm is a smooth operator who oozes confidence. He isn’t going to do any damage outside of the pocket, but he has good footwork and feel inside of it, moving to a new spot and resetting when danger is nigh. I love the compact, repeatable delivery – Fromm has clearly thrown a football hundreds of thousands of times to achieve that form.
He processes very quickly, doesn’t give the ball away, and has plus-plus accuracy in the intermediate area. One nice micro-level NFL throwing quality Fromm has is throwing receivers open by being early. He has the utmost confidence in what he’s seeing, and he doesn’t hesitate when he thinks an opportunity has presented itself – even if the receiver he’s throwing to may not realize it quite yet.
Touch, accuracy, and anticipation on a guy who makes sound reads quickly and confidently is a tantalizing combination for an NFL prospect. Where Fromm gets dinged is height (he’s listed at 6’2; Twitter has endlessly debated whether he’s actually 6’1, or if he’s actually a tic over 6’2), lack of athleticism, and lack of a howitzer arm.
Fromm doesn’t have a noodle, but he doesn’t generate the easy velocity other top prospects do and he can’t hurl the ball 70 yards downfield. Sometimes I wonder if he deliberately avoids certain throws (or sectors of the field) because he doesn’t completely trust his ability to get the ball downfield on time and on the money.
That isn’t the biggest issue in college. But when Fromm moves to the NFL, where the scouting reports are absurdly advanced, he can’t have multiple red “cold” zones when the field is broken into nine sectors. Because if defenses don’t have to defend certain areas of the field vertically, and they don’t have to worry about Fromm beating them with his legs horizontally, he becomes easier to defend.
A decade ago, I think Fromm is a lock first-rounder. But the game is changing into a speed and space affair. In that new normal, Fromm’s path to greatness is following the Drew Brees blueprint and developing elite touch and accuracy. He’s not quite there yet, but Fromm showed in the developmental steps he took last year that he could get there.
He still hasn’t thrown for 3,000 yards in a season. I know Georgia is a run-heavy team, but Fromm is going to get some freebie yards this year working with D’Andre Swift, one of the nation’s best receiving backs.
I want him to translate the rate stats over more usage and make a run at the Heisman ceremony. If that happens, he’s going to cement his spot in the opening stanza next spring. If it doesn’t, staring at the possibility of existing in the Will Grier/Ryan Finleyevaluation-value phylum, he may surprise and elect to stick around for his senior year
Another year in college to prove he has the arm, showcase some scrambling, and maybe grow an inch or at least show the world he is more than just a guy happy handing the ball off and try the draft in 2021 or enjoy playing for the last time in 2020.

There is a lot in here to agree with man .. (honestly, I got tired of them showing LLWS clips during his freshman year .. they showed so many I felt like I was there) .. He doesn't have the BIG arm but he has shown plenty of downfield arm strength and a great ability to get the ball outside the hashes with zip. No, he hasn't thrown for north of 3k but that's not the way the team is built. As far as athleticism, very few NFL QBs are jumping in and doing with their legs so if they aren't top notch pocket passers, they tend to join the VInce Young's, the RGIII's and the Geno Smith's of the world.

There is a lot in here to agree with man .. (honestly, I got tired of them showing LLWS clips during his freshman year .. they showed so many I felt like I was there) .. He doesn't have the BIG arm but he has shown plenty of downfield arm strength and a great ability to get the ball outside the hashes with zip. No, he hasn't thrown for north of 3k but that's not the way the team is built. As far as athleticism, very few NFL QBs are jumping in and doing with their legs so if they aren't top notch pocket passers, they tend to join the VInce Young's, the RGIII's and the Geno Smith's of the world.

He is a very solid college QB that plays well within his skillset. The disagreement we have is where that skillset will warrant a 1st round pick and an NFL career. Fromm film and comparison to what the NFL skillset seems to be, I just dont see it. Not because of the G on his helmet but because of what I've seen this far. I have him as the 3rd or 4th QB in 2020 and think he should go back for his SR year to improve his draftability.

Tua's accuracy dropped by a tenth of a point behind that hack Dwayne Haskins. fricking newb. didn't see where Fromm was on that list, it was behind a paywall.

also reading that article talking about the arm strength for each Tua and Fromm, if you think they are critical of Tua you should be crying about what they had to say about Fromm. much more critical of his arm strength than Tua.

Both Eason and Fields have better skillsets than Fromm and bother were runoff by Kirbys very restrictive Offensive strategy. He ran Chaney off too.

Really? My impression was Chaney got a better offer at a place he'd rather be and GA wasn't ready to match it. I haven't read any article with a 'Chaney was run off' narrative.

I'd like to hear the GA fans perspective on that one.

He is a very solid college QB that plays well within his skillset. The disagreement we have is where that skillset will warrant a 1st round pick and an NFL career. Fromm film and comparison to what the NFL skillset seems to be, I just dont see it. Not because of the G on his helmet but because of what I've seen this far. I have him as the 3rd or 4th QB in 2020 and think he should go back for his SR year to improve his draftability.
To get an idea on what the NFL thinks of Fromm, look no further than the fact he was invited to the Elite Football Symposium. The elite players are invited to the NFL combine a year early to see (get a feel) for what all it encompasses. I think the top 25 players are selected, Tua was the other QB selected.

Really? My impression was Chaney got a better offer at a place he'd rather be and GA wasn't ready to match it. I haven't read any article with a 'Chaney was run off' narrative.

So if you want to see what Kirby thought of Chaney's strategy watch the interaction he has over the headset after they chose to kick a FG after Florida's goal line stand where Chaney refused to go with something less than predictable and wouldn't change the blocking schemes to account for Polite coming free off the edge.

Some think a HC will just overrule an OC mid-game but that isn't the case typically especially with a defensive minded coach as Kirby is and that's why he brought a veteran OC in Chaney in to call plays to start his HC career. Listen to that guy that was WR coach Zach Smith at OSUck and his podcast and he will tell you even Urban wouldn't overrule his OC mid-game (even when it was Ed Warinner). Kirby didn't run Chaney off but wasn't willing to match that offer that UT made because it was a big one. Chaney did well but there were things those two just didn't see eye to eye on.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Tua's accuracy dropped by a tenth of a point behind that hack Dwayne Haskins. fricking newb. didn't see where Fromm was on that list, it was behind a paywall.

also reading that article talking about the arm strength for each Tua and Fromm, if you think they are critical of Tua you should be crying about what they had to say about Fromm. much more critical of his arm strength than Tua.

Dawg fans know that Fromm doesn't have an elite arm, but it is plenty enough to throw a good deep ball. But I think that's why people think Tua has some rocket launcher because he throws A LOT of deep balls. There is a big difference between Tua and Fromm's arms and that of say a Jacob Eason or Trevor Lawrence. But what Fromm has to do to set himself apart is continue to be sharp in accuracy, get better in ball placement (although he's really good the vast majority of the time there as well) and deal with pressure a bit better.

Tua needs to figure out better defenses a lot better than he did last year. That was on display for everyone to see. Kid has so much talent but despite having good athleticism, he doesn't do well when his pocket breaks down. And if he goes to the Dolphins as many are projecting (some even talking about the Dolphins tanking to ensure they get him) he will have a lot of "unclean" pockets.

Smokey, I think there is more we agree on than disagree. I think where we disagree is simply this; the number of actual scouts coming out and talking about Fromm being worthy of a first round pick has to have some merit to it. Scouts who work for teams could give a crap about clicks or ratings. Even some NFL execs have talked about him going that high. After so many QB misses in the draft, teams look for that "safe" QB draft pick and for what they are looking for, pocket passer not dual threat, good accuracy, reading defenses, strong enough arm (again, arm strength isn't an issue when you can hit the deep outs as well as he does), Fromm checks enough of the boxes to be what teams are wanting.

To get an idea on what the NFL thinks of Fromm, look no further than the fact he was invited to the Elite Football Symposium. The elite players are invited to the NFL combine a year early to see (get a feel) for what all it encompasses. I think the top 25 players are selected, Tua was the other QB selected.
Correct .. they only take underclassmen that are getting a good enough grade to likely come out.

UGA fans blamed him for the ball control offense that was in their opinion stifling their playmakers other than RB. In my opinion that was Chaney operating under Kirbys direction. And goes into explaining why UGA wasnt able to replace Chaney with a quality OC.

If he was happy at UGA and they were happy with him he just uses UT to get a raise. They wanted to keep Pittman and paid him. But hell UGA went cheap with both coordinators being unable to hire decent coaches at either spot so maybe I'm wrong and it was strictly money.

Here is Dawgnations take on that
The opinion is much more split when it comes to Fromm’s NFL trajectory. Some have noted how much he does for Georgia in terms of pre-snap adjustments, as well as leadership qualities. Fromm also did play very well against a loaded Alabama defense in the 2018 SEC Championship Game. But others have questions about some of his physical attributes. And 2020 figures to be a loaded quarterback class, with the likes of Tagovailoa, Oregon’s Justin Herbert, and Washington’s Jacob Eason all being draft eligible quarterbacks. Last season, Fromm threw for 30 touchdowns compared to just 6 interceptions. Like Thomas, Fromm has started all but one game in his first two years at Georgia.

The syposium is more of a meet and greet held by the NCAA and has no ties to the NFL. Fromm was likely there to support Thomas a surefire 1st rounder.

Correct .. they only take underclassmen that are getting a good enough grade to likely come out.
Except they spent a couple of hours watching the combine from the stands. It was more about the NCAA lecturing them about staying eligible than the combine.

Did neither of you actually read what the thing was about? It was something competant compliance departments cover

UGA fans blamed him for the ball control offense that was in their opinion stifling their playmakers other than RB. In my opinion that was Chaney operating under Kirbys direction. And goes into explaining why UGA wasnt able to replace Chaney with a quality OC.

If he was happy at UGA and they were happy with him he just uses UT to get a raise. They wanted to keep Pittman and paid him. But hell UGA went cheap with both coordinators being unable to hire decent coaches at either spot so maybe I'm wrong and it was strictly money.

I don't think it was that they couldn't .. I think they kept it in house to keep the continuity going. With the recruiting they are doing and the talent already there (and from an OCs standpoint, the OL with Pittman running the show) I would never believe that they couldn't find a quality coordinator at both spots. Do they really want to bring in a different offense with an upperclassmen QB? Probably not. And Lanning and Schumann were both soon to be DCs somewhere. Lanning is the DC with Schumann taking the co-DC title and has risen quickly through the ranks as he was considered a bit of a prodigy at Bama.

Here is Dawgnations take on that
The opinion is much more split when it comes to Fromm’s NFL trajectory. Some have noted how much he does for Georgia in terms of pre-snap adjustments, as well as leadership qualities. Fromm also did play very well against a loaded Alabama defense in the 2018 SEC Championship Game. But others have questions about some of his physical attributes. And 2020 figures to be a loaded quarterback class, with the likes of Tagovailoa, Oregon’s Justin Herbert, and Washington’s Jacob Eason all being draft eligible quarterbacks. Last season, Fromm threw for 30 touchdowns compared to just 6 interceptions. Like Thomas, Fromm has started all but one game in his first two years at Georgia.

The syposium is more of a meet and greet held by the NCAA and has no ties to the NFL. Fromm was likely there to support Thomas a surefire 1st rounder.

25 Elite Current College Players Quietly Attended The NFL Combine
You can't just go and support your guy, you have to be invited ..

The symposiums are invitation-only. In football, NCAA staff research players entering their third or fourth seasons who are projected as top draft selections the following year. The NCAA consults with independent draft experts to add names, if necessary. About 30 spots are available for athletes at each symposium.
Tua, Fromm and the NCAA's secret draft prep at the NFL combine

Except they spent a couple of hours watching the combine from the stands. It was more about the NCAA lecturing them about staying eligible than the combine.

Did neither of you actually read what the thing was about? It was something competant compliance departments cover
Did they even get to the actual combine? I know for the most part they are shuttled in to NCAA headquarters but it would make sense for them to see the process in person

25 Elite Current College Players Quietly Attended The NFL Combine
You can't just go and support your guy, you have to be invited ..

The symposiums are invitation-only. In football, NCAA staff research players entering their third or fourth seasons who are projected as top draft selections the following year. The NCAA consults with independent draft experts to add names, if necessary. About 30 spots are available for athletes at each symposium.
Tua, Fromm and the NCAA's secret draft prep at the NFL combine
I should have blue fonted that.

Fromm gets talked up enough by draft guys to warrant an invite. I really wish they had done him like tua on UGA pro days and done a height and a couple drills.

VN Store

Back