Saylor Poffenbarger to UCONN

Good pickup for them. She can really shoot and is deceptively quick for 6’2”. She reminds me of Katie Lou Samuelson.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I thought that this was at least semi vol news. Rumor has it that she was recruited by UT. I don't know if she took a visit.

Reactions: mcannon1
Imagine if they sign Jersey Wolfenbarger from the same class! That would create an all-name backcourt for the play-by-play announcer.

Reactions: wcbbfantalk
With more than 2,200 views, it seems highly likely that there may, once again, be an extra-large number of Connecticut fans lurking on the board of the "irrelevant" program to see what the board's irrelevant fans have to say about their new commit. Now THAT's true love. lol

Worst kept secret ever that Poffenbarger wanted to go to UConn. 2021 UConn class is going to be special...2 top 10's are coming.

gee no retiring after 2020, mark it down... neverbeenwrongyet.. well cept fer all those 84-82 predictions. lol

Reactions: ChattyVolfan
Auriemma won't retire until he passes Pat Summitt in wins. It's possible that he could do that next year. He might keep coaching until Vanderveer retires - just out of spite. ;)

CJ - How do you measure failure?

Auriemma won't retire until he passes Pat Summitt in wins. It's possible that he could do that next year. He might keep coaching until Vanderveer retires - just out of spite. ;)

There is no "standard",,it varies per person I assess.
For Geno it would be to go to the new conference and not be back at the level he was within 2 years...3 max.

This is a higher profile conference and a new "interest pool" (It has athletes that want to play ONLY in this conference for personal reasons) so it should enhance his potential for success.
1 year for regrowth and the next one for dominance.

If he wasn't a great coach, I would give him such lofty marks.

I think that he will coach a few more years.... provided he is happy and enjoys good health....

the subject comes up occasionally from interviews i see...

Reaching Pat’s winning record should be a snap for Geno, because he has not lost a game in one of the weakest conferences in America. The only two schools that treat women’s basketball as a priority is, UCONN and South Florida and Geno is at least 50 points better than South Florida. Occasionally, a team will give UCONN a good game but it usually comes to an immediate halt. If UCONN played in a tougher power five conference, it would be a harder feat to reach and go past Pat’s record. However, it is not Geno’s faulty that he plays in a cupcake league, it is basically their football team, because no power five conference wants them in their league.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Reaching Pat’s winning record should be a snap for Geno, because he has not lost a game in one of the weakest conferences in America. The only two schools that treat women’s basketball as a priority is, UCONN and South Florida and Geno is at least 50 points better than South Florida. Occasionally, a team will give UCONN a good game but it usually comes to an immediate halt. If UCONN played in a tougher power five conference, it would be a harder feat to reach and go past Pat’s record. However, it is not Geno’s faulty that he plays in a cupcake league, it is basically their football team, because no power five conference wants them in their league.

Success follows success.
If he is really that good, he will rise to the top no matter where he is.

Sigh, I can't believe this is the popular thread right now...we must be Jones-ing for some B-ball
I know am ready for the season to begin...I miss seeing the LV games.
My last two years have been aimed at mentoring and training leadership skills to a single athlete.
She progressed nicely.
But I miss competing head-to-head..
Now it's time for me to find a new challenge, or put together a team,,or ??

See, if I am good as I think I am

Success follows success.
If he is really that good, he will rise to the top no matter where he is.

Sigh, I can't believe this is the popular thread right now...we must be Jones-ing for some B-ball
I know am ready for the season to begin...I miss seeing the LV games.
My last two years have been aimed at mentoring and training leadership skills to a single athlete.
She progressed nicely.
But I miss competing head-to-head..
Now it's time for me to find a new challenge, or put together a team,,or ??

See, if I am good as I think I am

Probably not.

VN Store

Back