6 schools to be notified of serious NCAA violations

You said this... and there is no way that LSU thinks that the NCAA is looking at them.
But you said that I said the NCAA isn't looking at them and that's not what I said. What I am saying is that LSU doesn't believe the AA is seriously looking or that the AA is going to find something or they would have never reinstated him. You said that was wrong and I disagree.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
You are trying too hard and just answered your own question.

Your argument isn't holding the weight of its own logic. There is no way that LSU is incredibly concerned about NCAA sanctions AND that they think retaining Wade is the best way to avoid them.

You may be right that sanctions are forthcoming. But you are quite clearly wrong that LSU's actions indicate that they're super worried.

Your argument isn't holding the weight of its own logic. There is no way that LSU is incredibly concerned about NCAA sanctions AND that they think retaining Wade is the best way to avoid them.

You may be right that sanctions are forthcoming. But you are quite clearly wrong that LSU's actions indicate that they're super worried.
You are over-analyzing the move not to immediately fire Wade. That may still happen... there is no way they are thinking that they are out of the woods. I think they are waiting to see what the NCAA is going to formally accuse them of first before taking any drastic action. They are about to receive a notice of allegations from the NCAA and they know it. It's a calculation on their part, but there isn't as much risk involved as you are suggesting. Wade hasn't coached since the transcript of the wiretap was made public. They can always fire him after receiving the notice... the sanctions will not be significantly worse by waiting.

Last edited:
You are over-analyzing the move not to immediately fire Wade. That may still happen... there is no way they are thinking that they are out of the woods. I think they are waiting to see what the NCAA is going to formally accuse them of first before taking any drastic action. They are about to receive a notice of allegations from the NCAA and they know it. It's a calculation on their part, but there isn't as much risk involved as you are suggesting. Wade hasn't coached since the transcript of the wiretap was made public. They can always fire him after receiving the notice... the sanctions will not be significantly worse by waiting.

Hahaha. Okay...

They didn't fire him, which proves they're worried about the NCAA.

And they may still fire him, which will prove that they're worried about the NCAA.

So no matter what they do, you'll be proven right. Well done, sir. You win.

Hahaha. Okay...

They didn't fire him, which proves they're worried about the NCAA.

And they may still fire him, which will prove that they're worried about the NCAA.

So no matter what they do, you'll be proven right. Well done, sir. You win.
You have over-analyzed a decision (to reinstate Wade) which isn't as important to their standing with the NCAA as you seem to think. The stakes are not raised with the NCAA until Wade coaches another game at LSU ... and I don't think that he will.

Last edited:
You have over-analyzed a decision (to reinstate Wade) which isn't as important to their standing with the NCAA as you seem to think. The stakes are not raised with the NCAA until Wade coaches another game at LSU ... and I don't think that he will.

They didn't fire the guy so they don't seem worried = over-analysis

They didn't fire the guy because they are worried about it being seen as an admission of guilt and they are going to dig in and deny until the NCAA does something and they still might fire him i mean he's yet to coach a game since it all went down and the NCAA hasn't done anything yet but they definitely will = not over-analysis

Last edited:
They didn't fire the guy so they don't seem worried = over-analysis

They didn't fire the guy because they are worried about it being seen as an admission of guilt and they are going to dig in and deny until the NCAA does something and they still might fire him i mean he's yet to coach a game since it all went down and the NCAA hasn't done anything yet but they definitely will = not over-analysis
They are getting slammed by the NCAA no matter what they do, because their arrogant coach was reckless and he was caught making an offer of a monetary inducement on an FBI wiretap for a recruit, in language that was impossible to misinterpret = Common F***ing Sense Analysis

Tired of this dance...

Reactions: feathersax
They are getting slammed by the NCAA no matter what they do, because their arrogant coach was reckless and he was caught making an offer of a monetary inducement on an FBI wiretap for a recruit, in language that was impossible to misinterpret = Common F***ing Sense Analysis

Tired of this dance...

I'm sure you are. Tying yourself in knots can't be terribly comfortable.

I'm sure you are. Tying yourself in knots can't be terribly comfortable.
No... there is nothing inconsistent about anything I've said. All I have to do to make my case is point to Wade's own words on an FBI wiretap. You seem to think it will slide and I don't. Your only point is that because Wade hasn't been fired yet, that must mean LSU is in the clear... and that is stupid.

Reactions: feathersax
No... there is nothing inconsistent about anything I've said. All I have to do to make my case is point to Wade's own words on an FBI wiretap. You seem to think it will slide and I don't. Your only point is that because Wade hasn't been fired yet, that must mean LSU is in the clear... and that is stupid.

You have had trouble following a rather simple conversation. I never said that LSU is "in the clear."

Dirtiest college basketball program perhaps in history had it all layed out on the table, including lack of institutional control in passing players who never showed up at all was North Carolina. Somehow they became too big to fail, walked away untouched, lost all respect for the NCAA at that point.

You spelled UCLA wrong.

Reactions: BUBear
You said this... and there is no way that LSU thinks that the NCAA is looking at them.

Which is not him saying the "the NCAA isn't looking at them"; he's saying LSU is confident the NCAA isn't looking at them, aka they don't think the NCAA has enough to do anything to them.

What he said isn't the same thing you're claiming he said.

Which is not him saying the "the NCAA isn't looking at them"; he's saying LSU is confident the NCAA isn't looking at them, aka they don't think the NCAA has enough to do anything to them.

What he said isn't the same thing you're claiming he said.
i dont think its a matter of the NCAA having something or not. they have messed up open and shut cases plenty of times.

i dont think its a matter of the NCAA having something or not. they have messed up open and shut cases plenty of times.
Not as open and shut as having a head coach on a phone call recorded by the FBI discussing a specific recruit (Smart) and using language such as "a strong-a$$ offer". LSU's only defense is to suggest it's not Wade on the call... but that is to suggest that the FBI is lying (and why would they?). This doesn't involve an investigative arm of the NCAA, the FBI did their work for them this time... the NCAA just has to replay a phone call. Even if LSU wants to claim that Wade never followed through and paid for a recruit... it is still a violation to make the offer itself.

I’m up. What did you say? I thought my ears were burning. Haha

Bias aside. You know they aren’t as clean as they claim to be.

I’m not trying to start an argument honestly. Just saying to be good at basketball for that long you’ve broken rules at some point.

But you said that I said the NCAA isn't looking at them and that's not what I said. What I am saying is that LSU doesn't believe the AA is seriously looking or that the AA is going to find something or they would have never reinstated him. You said that was wrong and I disagree.

Somebody somewhere said hey make this go away and here we are...

Bias aside. You know they aren’t as clean as they claim to be.

I’m not trying to start an argument honestly. Just saying to be good at basketball for that long you’ve broken rules at some point.

I know for a fact that they are masters at toeing the line. I’ve had people associated in with the AD tell me that. Say what you want about Duke, but they aren’t stupid over here. I think it would be naive to think that there hasn’t been any illegal activity that’s ever happened. I don’t know in exactly what capacity, people have their talking points, Corey Maggette, Duhon’s mom’s job etc., but until the NCAA starts with real stuff then the show goes on. IMO Duke doesn’t belong in the same breath as Arizona, LSU, NC State, and some of the others that have committed pretty serious infractions recently and some others in the past UK, Memphis, UMass (notice a pattern there) Michigan. No need to bring up the Heels, I always knew nothing would come of it, they lawyered up and everyone knew Women’s bball or badminton would fall on the proverbial sword.

I know for a fact that they are masters at toeing the line. I’ve had people associated in with the AD tell me that. Say what you want about Duke, but they aren’t stupid over here. I think it would be naive to think that there hasn’t been any illegal activity that’s ever happened. I don’t know in exactly what capacity, people have their talking points, Corey Maggette, Duhon’s mom’s job etc., but until the NCAA starts with real stuff then the show goes on. IMO Duke doesn’t belong in the same breath as Arizona, LSU, NC State, and some of the others that have committed pretty serious infractions recently and some others in the past UK, Memphis, UMass (notice a pattern there) Michigan. No need to bring up the Heels, I always knew nothing would come of it, they lawyered up and everyone knew Women’s bball or badminton would fall on the proverbial sword.

I wasn’t trying to bad mouth them but I just don’t buy that they’re cleaner than the preachers sheets

Everybody cheats it’s just now far your willing to open the envelope.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back