Cutting the cord...

I use Youtube TV, unlimited DVR, all the ESPN's including SECnetwork and my local channels for 40 bucks a month. No subscription. Cancel anytime. I have never had it buffer or slow down as Youtube has some of the most massive servers in the industry. The cool thing about Youtube TV is it works on all your devices (you can start watching a show on your TV and then go to bed and finish watching it on your phone) and it recognizes where you are at so you get the local channels for the area you are in. I just got back from a mobilization to Fort Lewis in Tacoma, WA and when I opened the app I had the local Tacoma, WA channels. I have nothing but good to say about it and have not for one second missed DirectTV or the $130 a month bill it generated.
How are you getting it for $40?

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I tried Hulu Live for a week and didn't like that I couldn't search more than 2 hours ahead in the guide. I'm now trying YouTube TV which has just the right amount of local channels so I can watch Cal, USC, & Stanford. Hopefully, the SEC Network will be kind to me and show some UTK games. Regardless there's still a group of us that watch UTK game @ The Blue Light in San Francisco.
If you can't get the UT games on your SECN station, you can use your YouTube TV login in the ESPN app to see the games.

I knew google and amazon started playing nice so wasnt sure, but went to the YT TV website and the firestick and fire tv arent listed. I would confirm before I either purchase YT TV or opened those firesticks :)
I have Roku and love them.

whats the difference in the Roku ultra or more expensive Roku devices ? I have 2 Roku expresses and 1 smart Tv with Roku built in. Whats the advantage of the higher price Roku devices ?

Check this link for comparisons of different models.
Roku Model Comparison Chart

I will say, I have a mix of Roku 3s, Ultras, and a Roku TV. The Roku TV is slowest as far as navigation, but works just as well stream wise as the others. I found no difference in performance between Roku 3 and Ultra and if anything, the 3 seems to be the most stable.

Reactions: quadlee21
Check this link for comparisons of different models.
Roku Model Comparison Chart

I will say, I have a mix of Roku 3s, Ultras, and a Roku TV. The Roku TV is slowest as far as navigation, but works just as well stream wise as the others. I found no difference in performance between Roku 3 and Ultra and if anything, the 3 seems to be the most stable.
Ultra has Ethernet connection so if you have Ethernet close by, it can go to a wired (more stable) connection in addition to the wireless connection they all have.

I went ultra because I have Ethernet connections alongside all my coaxial connections.

Ultra has Ethernet connection so if you have Ethernet close by, it can go to a wired (more stable) connection in addition to the wireless connection they all have.

I went ultra because I have Ethernet connections alongside all my coaxial connections.

Interestingly, I am considering connecting my Ultra via Ethernet. It is less that 3 feet from my router and craps out occasionally via wireless. My Roku TV and my Roku 3s are a decent distant from the router and the 3s never bug out. The TV does at times but rarely. I am solely discussing/comparing the performance of PS Vue on them, mind you. I often run three to four connections of PS Vue simultaneously and I am on the lowest possible broadband speed so maybe that has something to do with it.

Ok what is the catch? This sounds too good to be true. Is this like KODI where youre accessing a bunch of stuff illegally? How do they get away with charging so little for so much?
There is no catch however the legality of it may be in question...I have never had a problem with it but I run a VPN for extra protection...It's one program unlike kodi that accesses a lot of different programs.

There is no catch however the legality of it may be in question...I have never had a problem with it but I run a VPN for extra protection...It's one program unlike kodi that accesses a lot of different programs.
Haha, soooooooooo it's illegal.

Reactions: 08Vol
First, don’t subscribe inside an iOS app or on an Android device. The app stores add their tax. And the current price is $50 a month but the early subscribers got it for $40.
early adopters still went to full price though right? I think it’s $50 for everyone unless you subscribed through apple then its $55.

early adopters still went to full price though right?
And I dunno. It’s really inconsistent what they do over at Google. I got the old price but quit before it went up. I still have YT Premium for the old price ($9.99).

And I dunno. It’s really inconsistent what they do over at Google. I got the old price but quit before it went up. I still have YT Premium for the old price ($9.99).
I’ve got it for $7.99 through google music, grandfathered! Lol. How much is it now? And yeah it is inconsistent, that’s why I was disappointed when mine went up.

YouTube TV is a great option if you can't get an antenna. If you have an antenna and want a bunch of channels, get Sling.

But I'll say it again, if all you want is to watch all TN games, ESPN+ with an antenna.

It's $5 a month. Cancel after 4 months.

Last I checked, firestick/fire tv is not a supported device with YT TV.
I knew google and amazon started playing nice so wasnt sure, but went to the YT TV website and the firestick and fire tv arent listed. I would confirm before I either purchase YT TV or opened those firesticks :)
YouTube tv doesn’t have an app for fire stick yet but it’s super easy to load the apk file and have it right now until youtube releases the official app. There are multiple videos online with step by step instructions on how to do it. (I have fire sticks). YouTube just released its official video app on fire stick so I imagine live tv app will follow shortly.

I went back and looked. you guys are right, Youtube TV is $50 a month. I was an early adopter and got it back in 2017 and then it was $40 as I recall. According to the always reliable wikipedia they have increased the cost which might be a concern. Hopefully they will not just keep raising the cost of it.

YouTube TV is a great option if you can't get an antenna. If you have an antenna and want a bunch of channels, get Sling.

But I'll say it again, if all you want is to watch all TN games, ESPN+ with an antenna.

It's $5 a month. Cancel after 4 months.

ESPN+ doesn’t give you access to ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, or the SEC Network

Reactions: mrmax86
YouTube tv doesn’t have an app for fire stick yet but it’s super easy to load the apk file and have it right now until youtube releases the official app. There are multiple videos online with step by step instructions on how to do it. (I have fire sticks). YouTube just released its official video app on fire stick so I imagine live tv app will follow shortly.
Yes, basically the same way you could still get YouTube on it.

I went back and looked. you guys are right, Youtube TV is $50 a month. I was an early adopter and got it back in 2017 and then it was $40 as I recall. According to the always reliable wikipedia they have increased the cost which might be a concern. Hopefully they will not just keep raising the cost of it.
They basically had to increase the costs with the addition of the discovery channels

ESPN+ combined with an antenna to pick up your local CBS station would be the cheapest way to watch all the games.

5 dollars a month plus the cost of the antenna.

You might also look into YouTube TV. I like it a lot better than both of those you listed.
Youtube TV has been the best of the bunch for me.

VN Store

Back