6 schools to be notified of serious NCAA violations

I would think, as a Baylor fan, you would know exactly what a dirty basketball program looks like.

Dirty at most college basketball programs: players get paid.

Dirty at Baylor: players get paid, and then a player gets murdered by a teammate and the coach smears the deceased as a drug dealer to cover up the payment.

Because they can only do one thing at a time?
That's mot what he was suggesting. I'm sure there are other items on the list that are more worthy of investigating. Seems like this NCAA nonsense still revolves around victimless/nonviolent crimes.

That's mot what he was suggesting. I'm sure there are other items on the list that are more worthy of investigating. Seems like this NCAA nonsense still revolves around victimless/nonviolent crimes.

As has been said repeatedly, the main reason the FBI is involved isn't the NCAA or the sport. They are involved mainly due to wire fraud and bribery, white collar crimes involving not insignificant amounts of money and crossing state lines.

The FBI has an entire division with hundreds of agents that investigate white collar crimes. The only reason this particular case is actually relevant is that it just so happens to involve NCAA basketball. This has never been an NCAA matter, it's been an FBI/DOJ matter that just happens to have an impact on an NCAA sport.

The FBI gives zero ****s what the NCAA or various schools do with the information they've found, and the FBI gives no ****s if there are reforms in basketball. If they did they would have turned all the information over to the NCAA way, way back in 2017, not waiting until several coaches and other individuals had their trials and sentencing a few months ago.

As has been said repeatedly, the main reason the FBI is involved isn't the NCAA or the sport. They are involved mainly due to wire fraud and bribery, white collar crimes involving not insignificant amounts of money and crossing state lines.

The FBI has an entire division with hundreds of agents that investigate white collar crimes. The only reason this particular case is actually relevant is that it just so happens to involve NCAA basketball. This has never been an NCAA matter, it's been an FBI/DOJ matter that just happens to have an impact on an NCAA sport.

The FBI gives zero ****s what the NCAA or various schools do with the information they've found, and the FBI gives no ****s if there are reforms in basketball. If they did they would have turned all the information over to the NCAA way, way back in 2017, not waiting until several coaches and other individuals had their trials and sentencing a few months ago.
I read all of that and I still say that these are still nonviolent/victimless crimes. There are far bigger fish to fry that actually have negative impacts on our day to day lives.

I read all of that and I still say that these are still nonviolent/victimless crimes. There are far bigger fish to fry that actually have negative impacts on our day to day lives.

And the police have bigger fish to fry than pulling you over for doing 10 mph over the speed limit, but guess what?

I ain't no fan of the 13th Grade (Texas Tech) but it's nice to see that Beard is doing it the right way...unlike Jamie Dixon at TCU.

It's amazing that RaiderRash can play basketball at such a high level and still deliver my pizza in under 30 minutes.
Very underrated post!

Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July.

giphy.gif

they havent gotten any top recruits this year have they ?
No, they haven’t really found a ton of recruiting momentum coming off of their F4 run. They have two commits for the 2020 class, both of whom are seen as unheralded, diamond in the rough types. In fact they lost any momentum they may have had in the Keon Johnson and Jaden Springer races, and didn’t make either player’s final cut.

It’s fair to wonder if the residual NCAA cloud resulting from the scandal looms larger than their recent success in the eyes of recruits.

Reactions: 508mikey
No, they haven’t really found a ton of recruiting momentum coming off of their F4 run. They have two commits for the 2020 class, both of whom are seen as unheralded, diamond in the rough types. In fact they lost any momentum they may have had in the Keon Johnson and Jaden Springer races, and didn’t make either player’s final cut.

It’s fair to wonder if the residual NCAA cloud resulting from the scandal looms larger than their recent success in the eyes of recruits.
Or that they can't pay recruits while they're being watched.

I'm still betting nothing comes of all this. Auburn probably is getting a slap on the wrist.

I'm still betting nothing comes of all this. Auburn probably is getting a slap on the wrist.
I disagree. I think Arizona and LSU will end up receiving post season bans and scholarship losses. Their head coaches were directly involved. Auburn and the rest - Creighton, Oregon, Kansas and Louisville will receive scholarship losses.

They may lose a couple of schollies. That'll be about it. The bigger and more pervasive the issue, the less the NCAA wants to deal with it.
That is overly-cynical.... and I don't think it's true either. The NCAA doesn't want to have to deal with sanctioning schools who have compromised their own academic integrity. They have decided to leave that as an institutional matter, out of their jurisdiction. This is about funneling money to recruits and their families. That has always been right down their alley. Nothing about Arizona or LSU basketball screams "sacred cow" either... they are getting hit.

That is overly-cynical.... and I don't think it's true either. The NCAA doesn't want to have to deal with sanctioning schools who have compromised their own academic integrity. They have decided to leave that as an institutional matter, out of their jurisdiction. This is about funneling money to recruits and their families. That has always been right down their alley. Nothing about Arizona or LSU basketball screams "sacred cow" either... they are getting hit.

I don't know. The fact that LSU reinstated Wade tells me they aren't expecting much. I suppose anything is possible.

plus they got a top 5 star recruit last month -- nothing is happening to them
What the hell does that have to do with anything? Ole Miss was still recruiting well, up until the hammer came down and many of them left.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back