Cutting the cord...

About the only thing cable has on a streaming service is you can switch channels faster. Personally, I can wait 5 seconds.
Yep..... I use an iptv service and can set favorites which makes switching channels almost as easy as cable

It is an IPTV service but it has been pretty stable...Big reason you only subscribe for a month at a time so if by chance it does stop working your not out really anything...Plus this one has fantastic customer service....But yeah you never know with these things but man I sure have saved a lot of money using it.

That's a pretty spiffy website for an iptv service. I have tried a couple a while back and they were great while they lasted. I really like you don't have to install Kodi for this one.

That's a pretty spiffy website for an iptv service. I have tried a couple a while back and they were great while they lasted. I really like you don't have to install Kodi for this one.
I know and it works really well although it has its moments where a channel won't work for a short time etc etc like pretty much any of the iptv services but all in all its worked well.

I know and it works really well although it has its moments where a channel won't work for a short time etc etc like pretty much any of the iptv services but all in all its worked well.

How's it work with the Firestick? Specifically the wireless. I got the 4k firestick for $25 in the Prime days deal.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
How's it work with the Firestick? Specifically the wireless. I got the 4k firestick for $25 in the Prime days deal.
It works great with the firestick...That's what I use...Been thinking of upgrading to the 4k stick and also considering one of the android boxes...Some of those are really good too.

It is an IPTV service but it has been pretty stable...Big reason you only subscribe for a month at a time so if by chance it does stop working your not out really anything...Plus this one has fantastic customer service....But yeah you never know with these things but man I sure have saved a lot of money using it.

Does it offer all the sports networks? What about my local channels (I live in Chattanooga)

Does it offer all the sports networks? What about my local channels (I live in Chattanooga)

I use Youtube TV, unlimited DVR, all the ESPN's including SECnetwork and my local channels for 40 bucks a month. No subscription. Cancel anytime. I have never had it buffer or slow down as Youtube has some of the most massive servers in the industry. The cool thing about Youtube TV is it works on all your devices (you can start watching a show on your TV and then go to bed and finish watching it on your phone) and it recognizes where you are at so you get the local channels for the area you are in. I just got back from a mobilization to Fort Lewis in Tacoma, WA and when I opened the app I had the local Tacoma, WA channels. I have nothing but good to say about it and have not for one second missed DirectTV or the $130 a month bill it generated.

Waiting for Firestick’s to arrive. Will be starting YouTube TV trial ASAP. Cloud DVR and locals was the differentiation between Sling for me. This Nexstar crap was the last straw for me...

Waiting for Firestick’s to arrive. Will be starting YouTube TV trial ASAP. Cloud DVR and locals was the differentiation between Sling for me. This Nexstar crap was the last straw for me...
Nexstar sucks so glad I didnt get Direct TV --- no CBS, NBC, ABC or FOX

I think that may have just changed.
I knew google and amazon started playing nice so wasnt sure, but went to the YT TV website and the firestick and fire tv arent listed. I would confirm before I either purchase YT TV or opened those firesticks :)

Unless something changed recently YTTV isn't available for these. Google and Amazon had some differences a couple years ago.

It has 128 USA sports channels...182 Canadian sports channels.....I don't see any chattanoogas channels however but there are 2 channels from Knoxville...WVLT and WBIR which was one of the reasons I subscribed to that service so I can keep up with the happenings in K-town....There are also some Nashville channels as well..You also get all the PPV events and they have their own NCAA football area where they put all the games during the season...It's really cool...If anything you should try a free 24 hour trial to see if it is what you want and like...nothing to lose there...Really hard to go back to an expensive limited service once you try one of these lol

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
It has 128 USA sports channels...182 Canadian sports channels.....I don't see any chattanoogas channels however but there are 2 channels from Knoxville...WVLT and WBIR which was one of the reasons I subscribed to that service so I can keep up with the happenings in K-town....There are also some Nashville channels as well..You also get all the PPV events and they have their own NCAA football area where they put all the games during the season...It's really cool...If anything you should try a free 24 hour trial to see if it is what you want and like...nothing to lose there...Really hard to go back to an expensive limited service once you try one of these lol

Thanks, I might give a try! Is it an app or do I have to order hardware to run it?

Roku Ultra and YouTubeTV. Saving over $100/month total vs DirecTV. Great channel selection. Do not miss cable at all. I have SECN, all the ESPNs, B10N, local Fox sports as well.

I will likely add ESPN+ to watch additional games with some of the $$ I am saving during football and basketball season and then cancel once we get to March.

I was hesitant for a number of years. Made the jump and will not go back.

That being said, it is different than cable/satellite. No channel #s, channel load is not instantaneous, and apps for different services. But well worth the savings and even my wife has made the adjustment (she is not tech savvy at all.

YouTube TV allows me to customize the channel lineup, so all my sport channels are at the beginning of my guide as well.

What kind of internet speed do you need to make this work? Just curious.
Mine is 100 mbps and works fine streaming 3 TVs, multiple iPhones, smart thermostats, two iPads and 4 laptops. Still beautiful picture with zero lags.

One thing to consider when cutting the cord. You need a good wireless router. Most ISP want to rent you a cheap g or n router. IMO , it is well worth it to purchase an ac wireless router. You can usually purchase on good one for less than $100.
I have all my Roku’s Hardwired (built the house with Ethernet jacks at every coaxial plus). But this is so true. I returned my WiFi router I was renting and for eero mesh. Absolutely might and day difference.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
whats the difference in the Roku ultra or more expensive Roku devices ? I have 2 Roku expresses and 1 smart Tv with Roku built in. Whats the advantage of the higher price Roku devices ?

VN Store

Back