Confident Vols issue guarantee: 'We'll definitely get to a bowl game'

i guess Rogers decided to skip the wait lol. i was thinking you meant he said something yesterday or in public.

i tend to take what coaches may tell recruits and what coaches say to the media with seperate grains of salt.
lol, he’s not that crazy but that tells what his expectations are.

no @ SECw bad azz, not named bama.
no top 10 P5 OOC game.
vandy, KY, MSU, MO all losing key cogs from last year's teams

easier. easier than it has been lately for sure. a schedule full of layups? no....
7 wins should be doable. i still do believe that aside from UF, UGA, Bama, none of the rest of the teams are appreciably "better" than us at this point. the other 6 games(GSU, UTC, and UAB should be w's) on the schedule should be very competitive ....win 4 of them.

Arky wasn't a badass in 15, Auburn wasn't a badass last year, I didn't think LSU was all that badass in 17 or A&M in 16. But I do get your point, MSU is nothing. Lol. I kid.

I'll let it go, I just see posts every once in a while like the one above that describes this schedule as if it were all High School teams it's so soft..... "But we'll be lucky to win 6".

lol, he’s not that crazy but that tells what his expectations are.
i think most of us realize Pruitt's expectations are probably a lot more in line with what we all think they should be as well.

then there's reality for a given season.

i do think this team, this staff, are very confident...for whatever reason.

my advice to the rest of the sec, don't let us over acheive this year. you'll pay for that on the trail sooner than later. all this staff needs is some "proof in the puddin' ", and i could see dominos fall...big ones....let us go down to FL and beat them. or GA come in and get beat...or for good ness sakes, beat Bama lol....you know what i mean.....

Reactions: 08Vol
I live in Alabama, my Daughter attends UAB. They lost a lot but they recruited a lot of Juco players. Wont be easy!

When you're a JUCO and the best you can pull is UAB, that delivers a message.

Arky wasn't a badass in 15, Auburn wasn't a badass last year, I didn't think LSU was all that badass in 17 or A&M in 16. But I do get your point, MSU is nothing. Lol. I kid.

I'll let it go, I just see posts every once in a while like the one above that describes this schedule as if it were all High School teams it's so soft..... "But we'll be lucky to win 6".
perception is what it is. LSU, Auburn and aTm are all "names", and there were more than a few that believed we'd lose all those games. that's the only point i'm making.

it's not like we're getting 2 win Ark or on probation Ole Miss as our West opponents. no one would argue that Auburn, aTm, LSU have all had better, much better, runs that we have the last few years.....

perception is what it is. LSU, Auburn and aTm are all "names", and there were more than a few that believed we'd lose all those games. that's the only point i'm making.

it's not like we're getting 2 win Ark or on probation Ole Miss as our West opponents. no one would argue that Auburn, aTm, LSU have all had better, much better, runs that we have the last few years.....

Just your personal perception. On a tough scale 1-10, 10 being toughest.. What would you rate each year? As far as schedule.

Just your personal perception. On a tough scale 1-10, 10 being toughest.. What would you rate each year? As far as schedule.

so i had a whole other post ready to submit, and basically all i realized is two things:
1. perception does matter a lot. no one perceives Vandy, MO, UK or USCe as "difficult", despite the w/l recrod of late. i think some acknowledging the fact that lossess off those rosters as a reason our schedule may be perceived as easier is a defacto admission of that....it is for me, and i can't imagine i'm alone.....
2. FL, GA and Bama are always there, they're the usual suspects, and anything outside of those three that adds the potential for a loss adds to the difficulty factor. so OOC teams that have names like OU, WVU, VT, GT etc....fall in that category. we don't have one like that on this year's schedule, though i'm sure some will say BYU could be....either way....that goes back to perception too.

can't go back and rate those schedules. i have the benefit of hindsight.....

Unfortunately I think we a par 6 win team. We may have an "easier schedule" but we were blown out in some of our games last year, failing to even be competitive. For now, we need to focus on beating South Carolina, Vandy, and Mizzou again.

I think UAB and BYU are much better than our fanbase is giving them credit for. Should we be the favorites? Possibly. But I'm sure both will be a pickem game. UAB won 11 games last year and BYU was Neither are givens and if we played both those teams last year, I would have been content with splitting.

That is given the information I have from watching last years O-Line and D-Line perform. All my concern is with the Line. Many are projecting us to be much better with two five star O-Lineman coming in, but that is still to be determined. I have to see them play a college game first. Even then, there is always the risk of injury. One injury to one of our starters and we don't have much depth up front.

There is even more concern on Defensive Line. No proven players and still waiting to hear about Aubrey Solomon. We will need multiple surprises from some unknown and inexperienced players to be a bowl team.

With that said, the performance at the Line of scrimmage could be the difference in us being a 5 win team and being an 7-8 win team. We have plenty of talent at skilled positions, but need to increase the physicality upfront.
UAB lost a ton, it won't be a pick em. Not that it matters we still have to go play well. GBO!

I know, but it wasn't a test. Lol.

I've already made my point and said I'd leave it alone. I really really will this time.
giphy.gif

Good post, I’d add BYU in there, they start 0-4 so if UT can manage a .500 record in the SEC, a good bowl awaits. SC, KY, Vandy should be 3 of them as UT has more talent yearly and should win. At least as talented as MSU, probably more talent? Mizzou is the wildcard for me.
UT hasn't had more talent than Vandy in the last 3 years that's why they kept beating us.

UAB beat Charlotte by 21 points last year. UT beat Charlotte by 11 points last year. Does that mean we are 10 points less the opponent of UAB?

Maybe last year. I think we win the game but it is not going to be a walk in the park.

Unfortunately I think we a par 6 win team. We may have an "easier schedule" but we were blown out in some of our games last year, failing to even be competitive. For now, we need to focus on beating South Carolina, Vandy, and Mizzou again.

I think UAB and BYU are much better than our fanbase is giving them credit for. Should we be the favorites? Possibly. But I'm sure both will be a pickem game. UAB won 11 games last year and BYU was Neither are givens and if we played both those teams last year, I would have been content with splitting.

That is given the information I have from watching last years O-Line and D-Line perform. All my concern is with the Line. Many are projecting us to be much better with two five star O-Lineman coming in, but that is still to be determined. I have to see them play a college game first. Even then, there is always the risk of injury. One injury to one of our starters and we don't have much depth up front.

There is even more concern on Defensive Line. No proven players and still waiting to hear about Aubrey Solomon. We will need multiple surprises from some unknown and inexperienced players to be a bowl team.

With that said, the performance at the Line of scrimmage could be the difference in us being a 5 win team and being an 7-8 win team. We have plenty of talent at skilled positions, but need to increase the physicality upfront.
We return 17. We can’t beat down UAB . Fire em all and start over again . We will win 7 games. At least

And Chatt and Ga State and Fla, sorry, got carried away.
Fine by me if you get carried away sometimes, I do. I love thinking about smokin Florida!! I think about it often. I think about winning the East and surprising everyone. Im not so fragile that I cant think about it without expecting it or getting my hopes up so much that something terrible might happen if it doesn't happen.

I would love to win the Georgia game, but just to go into it undefeated and give them all they can handle would be awesome.

I understand that's not likely, but neither is me sleeping with Scarlett Johansson. Lol.

Reactions: jwilliams
Fine by me if you get carried away sometimes, I do. I love thinking about smokin Florida!! I think about it often. I think about winning the East and surprising everyone. Im not so fragile that I cant think about it without expecting it or getting my hopes up so much that something terrible might happen if it doesn't happen.

I would love to win the Georgia game, but just to go into it undefeated and give them all they can handle would be awesome.

I understand that's not likely, but neither is me sleeping with Scarlett Johansson. Lol.
I’ll be honest here, the only thing holding me back from picking UT over UF straight up is the game in Gainesville and not knowing how UT will play on the road, and being first road game of the year.

Reactions: Behr
I’ll be honest here, the only thing holding me back from picking UT over UF straight up is the game in Gainesville and not knowing how UT will play on the road, and being first road game of the year.

Yea, I don't think it's a "gaurenteed Iron Clad Definite loss", but I'm not expecting a win. But that doesn't keep me from thinking about it.

I don't think it's anything close to last year.

Reactions: secking
Gotta be be better than the turnover nightmare at home last year.

VN Store

Back