Lamicle Perine doesn't consider UT a rival???

If Florida didn’t consider us a rival then they simply wouldn’t say anything. You don’t needle a fan base you are indifferent about and consider beneath you, you needle the ones you hate and fear.

If Florida didn’t consider us a rival then they simply wouldn’t say anything. You don’t needle a fan base you are indifferent about and consider beneath you, you needle the ones you hate and fear.
Stop it. Get help. You're embarrassing our fanbase. Do I think things will change in the near future? Yes. But you cant deny what's happened in the last 15 years.

Geez I’m not denying we suck these past few years but I’m simply saying if Florida players still feel the need to bash Tennessee then clearly we are still under their skin.

I mean when we play a team like Chattanooga no one felt the need to trash talk the fans in the off season. Because we simply don’t care about Chattanooga. Sure maybe the week of that game there’s some ribbing but before and afterwards there’s really nothing to say.

If Florida truly didn’t see us as a rival or a threat in any way then they would simply ignore us, just as every other team does with the low man on the totem pole games.

But fine, call me an idiot for pointing out a basic fact. You don’t insult a team or a fan base you don’t give a crap about. That’s basic psychology.

Geez I’m not denying we suck these past few years but I’m simply saying if Florida players still feel the need to bash Tennessee then clearly we are still under their skin.

I mean when we play a team like Chattanooga no one felt the need to trash talk the fans in the off season. Because we simply don’t care about Chattanooga. Sure maybe the week of that game there’s some ribbing but before and afterwards there’s really nothing to say.

If Florida truly didn’t see us as a rival or a threat in any way then they would simply ignore us, just as every other team does with the low man on the totem pole games.

But fine, call me an idiot for pointing out a basic fact. You don’t insult a team or a fan base you don’t give a crap about. That’s basic psychology.
I'm not totally against you on this. I have still never heard any team talk as much trash before a game as their players did before our game in 2016. They took it to an extreme... and it had been 12 years since we had beaten them at that point. Ironically, the year they were the most arrogant, was the year we finally broke the streak. It goes to show that there is more to a rivalry than just having a close, competitive series. There are plenty of reasons for disliking someone beyond that.... and it should be pointed out that with the notable exception of last year's game in Neyland, every game since 2014 has been close.

Yeah, no.
So, you don't consider Tennessee a rival? Per your stats: you have been a member of an internet message board community devoted to University of Tennessee sports fans for close to 10 years now, and you have posted over 15,000 messages to it. And it's not just you. I see more Florida Gator fans on VolNation than any other of our opponent's fans - by quite a bit. lawgator, for example, posts damn near every day in the politics forum. Of course, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that but... that would be a lot of time spent in the cyber-company of people who cheer for a school that you are indifferent to.

There wouldn't be so damn many Gators on here if they didn't think of us as a rival. That is just lip service.

Just off the top of my head:

Jaws
lawgator01
Lawrence Wright
99gator
AlGator
GatorBill

...post here regularly. I know I'm forgetting some others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obsessed
There wouldn't be so damn many Gators on here if they didn't think of us as a rival. That is just lip service.

Just off the top of my head:

Jaws
lawgator01
Lawrence Wright
99gator
AlGator
GatorBill

...post here regularly. I know I'm forgetting some others.
I don’t see how that correlates.

This is considered bashing? He was asked a question specifically about Tenn-Fla. He didn't just bring it up.

Perine, who called Florida fans "bipolar" and spoke in third person when asked about turning down a scholarship offer from Nick Saban, gave Tennessee some later-summer bulletin board material after a question concerning the Gators' SEC East rivalry with Tennessee.

"I wouldn't say it's a rivalry," Perine said Monday from the Wynfrey Hotel. "It's just another game. I wouldn't call it a rivalry. LSU, that's a rival game. We look at Tennessee like it's just another game."
He was asked a question and gave an pretty low key answer.

How far back does one have to go for us to have 2 wins against Florida? Do you know off the top of your head? 2004. We're 2-13 in the last 15 games. Someone that's 40 years old might think of the annual game in far different terms than someone that's in college. Urban arrived and ate Fulmer's Krispy Kremes and we haven't found a coach yet that can win against Florida since the Spurrier era.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
It doesn’t...I was disagreeing with one post about Perine’s response, then BB goes off on a tangent about rival posters being here.
No, I said that there is nothing wrong with it... I like what rival fans bring to the board... but don't act like we're Vandy or Kentucky or "any other game" when you've posted here 15,000 times.

I think it's pretty damn simple.... they wouldn't have so damn many fans here so damn much if they were indifferent to Tennessee.
Ummm what? If it’s so simple, I need you to build something substantial to that point. Does BUBear consider Tennessee a rival

The truly horrifying fact is that TN fans by and large want to consider Bama, Florida and maybe Georgia as our biggest rivals. We’re second fiddle to all of those teams. Bama is our natural West rival and the 3rd Saturday yada yada, but the Iron Bowl is substantially bigger.

It’s not to say the games aren’t important, but that doesn’t equate to rivals

Quoted this post again for BB because he appears to be confused.

I disagreed with the post. Perine was asked a question and answered the question, resulting in some Tennessee fans getting all shook.

Perine didn’t “needle” or “bash” anyone, unless you’re emotionally triggered by the truth.

Had he done as the post above suggested, the overreaction would be the same.

If Perine had answered the “do you consider UT to be a rival” question by saying “no comment”, the same people whining about him answering the question would be upset he didn’t acknowledge UT at all.

What any of this has to do with rival fans posting here is anyone’s guess.

Last edited:
Quoted this post again for BB because he appears to be confused.

I disagreed with the post. Perine was asked a question and answered the question, resulting in some Tennessee fans getting all shook.

Perine didn’t “needle” anyone, unless you’re emotionally triggered by the truth.

Had he done as the post above suggested, the overreaction would be the same.

If Perine had answered the “do you consider UT to be a rival” question by saying “no comment”, the same people whining about him answering the question would be upset that he didn’t acknowledge UT at all.

What any of this has to do with rival fans posting here is anyone’s guess.
Fine. My mistake. Why was Perine even there in the first place? Most teams send some of their good players to represent them at media day. Don't you guys have any of those this year?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back