Ticket Sales Down

A decade of losing? That's why.

If we have a winning season and end the year with some momentum, sales will creep back up.

Do you still have these season tickets? I had mine moved to BB R22 (against the club seat wall). I think I'm going to like it there.
Actually, I made the donation but didn't renew b/c I'm only attending 2 games this yr and the re-sell value would be terrible. I may pick them back up next year depending on how this season goes. You'll be happy there....no knees in your back, no one telling you to sit down, and if you're on the aisle...you have the best seats in the house IMO.

The 60” flat screen with no traffic or crowds experience at home costs you nothing, that’s why imo
The wanton destruction of the strip is another. It used to feel like going home.....now it's like a completely different school. I knew my way around, now I just wander around.

The wanton destruction of the strip is another. It used to feel like going home.....now it's like a completely different school. I knew my way around, now I just wander around.
there is no strip anymore. it's just strip mall, food chain, anywhere USA now. has zero character to it....sad.

Reactions: 08Vol and 82_VOL_83
Winning cures all ills. When we start blowing teams out of the stadium, people will line up to see it and we will reclaim our place as one of the truly iconic places to see college football.

Reactions: Nationdom
Ticket sales are awful this year? Why are people so down when we have a new coach that might be a great one?
Because the fanbase has been sold this thing before in what is now 4 different packages. Ticket prices go up while UT football isn't a great product. That and the fact people have 4k 70" TV's at home that give you a better view of the game. You don't have to pay for overpriced food and stand in line to piss in a floor drain. It's just the times. Vols start winning some games and generate some excitement, ticket sales will increase. People simply want a better product for their money. Hocus Pocus, gimmicks, orange dogs and stuff like that doesn't sell tickets.

Last edited:
Actually, I made the donation but didn't renew b/c I'm only attending 2 games this yr and the re-sell value would be terrible. I may pick them back up next year depending on how this season goes. You'll be happy there....no knees in your back, no one telling you to sit down, and if you're on the aisle...you have the best seats in the house IMO.

Cool ..thanks.. Last two seasons have been TERRIBLE. Jerks standing in front of me the whole game, and makes me stand, and the guy behind me can't see. I had the ticket office move me from EE to AA and the same thing happened in AA. Actually I was in row 3.. You'd think with only 2 rows in front of you, the guy on ROW 1 would sit down, but NO. He was up the WHOLE time.

Had season tickets in the family since '77, and I wasn't going to renew.. Just get my tickets on the street. Got a call from the ticket office about my overdue donation bill. Told them I'd only renew if I got row 1, or the back row. Low and behold they had a pair on the back row.

I remember your comment from long ago and dug up your post. Bolded above makes me very happy.

I'm on the 28 yardline. I see the overhang in the picture and think I might be somewhat dry if it rains, which is rare in the upper deck. What's your experience with that?

1563205386962.png
1563205630493.png

Reactions: feathersax
Years ago, they set up TV’s showing games at Thompson. Don’t do that anymore.

It’s probably a cost saving feature since they would have to pay extra fees to broadcast the games to a large audience. You would expect at the very least the SEC network would allow members to broadcast their channel with no extra fees. Not having a free place to watch the other games with commentary just adds another hurdle to going to the games.

Reactions: JacketVol
Attendance is down for almost everyone and every sport for the reasons stated above several times.

They should have let Botch go when he was actively seeking another job. When your coach doesn't want to be here you cut bait. Lead to that debacle of a year. Fulmer would have cut botch loose when he was being rejected in favor of Jeff Brohm. Purdue got the better coach, they knew what they were doing.

Reactions: 08Vol
Yeah, but they're all either bandwagon rednecks who couldn't get into UT and who think it's cool to ride around in their pickups with big ugly red As because they think they're sticking it to The Man (us) or bammer refugees who can't find work in that hellhole they call home and are up here because of our booming economy. They don't matter and should be ignored. And any UT fan who sells their tickets to them every other October should be drawn and quartered.

Got a lot of local kids that go to Bama. Their parents slap that A in their back car window. Ask me how I know....

Hint: I have horrible parenting skills. As a result, I had to write a child out of my will.

Got a lot of local kids that go to Bama. Their parents slap that A in their back car window. Ask me how I know....

Hint: I have horrible parenting skills. As a result, I had to write a child out of my will.
I live here. I tell the Bammers "It's easy to be a Bama fan.. no work involved". (but just wait..we'll be back). The A with the mullet.

1563245453316.png

Cheaper food, bathroom down the hall, comfy couch, alcohol in fridge, HD flat screens, no driving or traffic. It is an issue for all live events, not just UT.
That's just getting old and lazy. If we are winning big, the crowds will show. Nothing feels better than experiencing victory in our own stadium.

Reactions: CPA
Pretty much every sporting event in the world is struggling with ticket sales NFL, Motorsports, CFB, MLB, etc. also we are coming off our worst season in school history so that's also going to keep people from wanting to go.
MLB is embarrassing at some ballparks. Cincinnati doesn't even fill but maybe a 1/4 of there stands.

That's just getting old and lazy. If we are winning big, the crowds will show. Nothing feels better than experiencing victory in our own stadium.
It has nothing to do with age. It has everything to do with the product on the field, plus the other hundred things we have beat to death in this thread.

Stop getting blown out at home. That helps.

Last edited:
UT told me on the phone that they arent hurting on sales.... Then when I cancelled my season tix, they offered to move me from upper level (PP) to lower level (P) without a donation... Sounds to me like they are hurting pretty badly. If they want to boost sales, they need to get rid of the mandatory donation. I have friends getting South Carolina season tix for less than $300/seat without a donation and NC State for $250/seat... Obviously I can't compare those programs to ours, but the fact that our season tickets (incl donation) cost almost 3x that of a team that has beat us 3 years in a row is ridiculous...

Reactions: quadlee21
I'm on the 28 yardline. I see the overhang in the picture and think I might be somewhat dry if it rains, which is rare in the upper deck. What's your experience with that?
In my experience, it certainly helped but not as much as you'd think. I think the main issue is the wind unless it's from the east which is rare in itself. The only times it rained that I remember when I sat in those seats were Utah St 2014 and Arkansas 2015. Utah St 2014, we still got soaked but that was a monsoon. Unless you were in the middle of the concourse, you were soaked. Arkansas 2015, it was a light rain and drizzle the entire game if I remember correctly. We mostly stayed dry.

Reactions: ptcarter

VN Store

Back