Diamond DeShields is an All-Star

Vol girl

Congratulations Diamond Deshields on being selected to your first All-star game. I'm sure this is just the first of many. Diamond's battle through multiple ankle twist and a long shooting slump that she just recently broke out of. I'm just happy that the WNBA Coaches rewarded Diamond for her on-court performance.

Congratulations Diamond Deshields on being selected to your first All-star game. I'm sure this is just the first of many. Diamond's battle through multiple ankle twist and a long shooting slump that she just recently broke out of. I'm just happy that the WNBA Coaches rewarded Diamond for her on-court performance.
Coaches didn’t reward her, the fans Voted her on the team!!! Congrats to her

Reactions: RollerVol and T.J.
Fans voted for starters; coaches selected reserves. So that makes it even more impressive that Diamond was picked by the coaches and not just some fan popularity contest.

Well earned accolade 👏
Not entirely true. The fan vote only counted for 50% of the Starter vote. WNBA players counted for 25% and media counted for the remaining 25%.. There were players who did not make the top ten by fan voting, yet ended up gaining making up ground via media and player votes.

Reactions: RollerVol
Not entirely true. The fan vote only counted for 50% of the Starter vote. WNBA players counted for 25% and media counted for the remaining 25%.. There were players who did not make the top ten by fan voting, yet ended up gaining making up ground via media and player votes.
But coaches voted for reserves. I think that says a lot more than being voted in by fans or the media..

Well I guess we can say it now that most of the players that played under Holly have gotten a lot better as Pros. They have developed their games in a very short time. Diamond is a star in the league and was a totally confused player under Holly. Even Mercedes is now playing well above what she did here considering the minutes. Of course time to let it go the past is history but we lost a lot of seasons and a lot of what might have been in the last seven years. Hopefully now we can see talented players meet their potential at Tennessee before they get to the WNBA.

Well I guess we can say it now that most of the players that played under Holly have gotten a lot better as Pros. They have developed their games in a very short time. Diamond is a star in the league and was a totally confused player under Holly. Even Mercedes is now playing well above what she did here considering the minutes. Of course time to let it go the past is history but we lost a lot of seasons and a lot of what might have been in the last seven years. Hopefully now we can see talented players meet their potential at Tennessee before they get to the WNBA.

The worst thing is, those players lost the opportunity to excell in college. That's what made me so sick of Warlick's coaching.

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS DIAMOND DeSHEILDS!!!!! As a Lady Vols fan and as a human being I am so proud of your growth, toughness, and your faith in you with all that you have gone through in the last four years, "LOOK AT GOD". MAD LOVE TO YOU AND THE REST OF THE LADY VOLS IN THE WNBA KEEPING THE LADY VOLS LEGACY ALIVE=> CANDICE, ISSY, JAMIE, GLORY, MERCEDES, AND SHEKINNA.

CONGRATULATIONS DIAMOND DeSHEILDS!!!!! As a Lady Vols fan and as a human being I am so proud of your growth, toughness, and your faith in you with all that you have gone through in the last four years, "LOOK AT GOD". MAD LOVE TO YOU AND THE REST OF THE LADY VOLS IN THE WNBA KEEPING THE LADY VOLS LEGACY ALIVE=> CANDICE, ISSY, JAMIE, GLORY, MERCEDES, AND SHEKINNA.

She playing like a Pistol now!
Very proud of her.

Reactions: Vol girl and lvocd

VN Store

Back