Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

The new Switch Lite has officially been announced.

Launches September 20th
Retails for 199.99
Smaller footprint and screen (5.5" compared to 6.2" in the original)
No detachable JoyCons
No HD Rumble
Not dockable to the TV
Not compatible with Labo accessories.

Nintendo Switch Lite to arrive for $200, and here's how it plays

fs5ndqndbc5xjqaehrlo.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishvol
Scoff all you want. They will sell a **** ton of these things.

And that's fine. I'm sure they will. Doesn't make me wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't sell as many as they want. But hey, if someone wants another smaller Switch when you already have one that does more then by all means it's their money. I don't have a Switch as I'm waiting to see if they announce an upgraded version.

And that's fine. I'm sure they will. Doesn't make me wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't sell as many as they want. But hey, if someone wants another smaller Switch when you already have one that does more then by all means it's their money. I don't have a Switch as I'm waiting to see if they announce an upgraded version.
I assume you're older. We aren't the intended audience for the "update."

I assume you're older. We aren't the intended audience for the "update."

Yep, 31. And yeah I get that. I just don't see how this was a useful update to the Switch line. The original Switch is already a portable handheld. I dunno, I guess I just don't see it.

Speak for yourself. I gotta battle my wife in pokemans

Which one are you gonna get?

Yep, 31. And yeah I get that. I just don't see how this was a useful update to the Switch line. The original Switch is already a portable handheld. I dunno, I guess I just don't see it.
Smaller profile for the younger kids (pre-teen). I think it's going to do pretty well.

Which one are you gonna get?
I mostly play the switch in hand held mode anyway so this would actually be helpful to me. We're getting both. We've always gotten both games (except let's go) so we're not gonna stop now

I mostly play the switch in hand held mode anyway so this would actually be helpful to me. We're getting both. We've always gotten both games (except let's go) so we're not gonna stop now

I'm thinking about getting it. Would get Sword if I do. I would also have to buy a Switch for it, but that wouldn't matter as I would also get Zelda and whenever they bring out the mysterious Metroid 4 that they started all over again (a good thing I think).

What are your thoughts on the dex issue?

I'm thinking about getting it. Would get Sword if I do. I would also have to buy a Switch for it, but that wouldn't matter as I would also get Zelda and whenever they bring out the mysterious Metroid 4 that they started all over again (a good thing I think).

What are your thoughts on the dex issue?
Even though there should be every single Pokemon in this game. I'm fine with it just being the new Pokemon

Even though there should be every single Pokemon in this game. I'm fine with it just being the new Pokemon

Is it just the new Pokemon? For me, I just ask that the original 151 be in the game. I'm a purest at heart, but I understand that there would be 900+ in the game. The first 251 would be great as there are some from the Johto region I really like, too.

Is it just the new Pokemon? For me, I just ask that the original 151 be in the game. I'm a purest at heart, but I understand that there would be 900+ in the game. The first 251 would be great as there are some from the Johto region I really like, too.
You genwunners and your superiority complex 😁. Personally I think gen 4 had the best Pokemons gen 2 a close second. The last generation had me scratching my head. This gen looks like it's going to be good especially with #1 good boy yamper and his ball fetching ability

You genwunners and your superiority complex 😁. Personally I think gen 4 had the best Pokemons gen 2 a close second. The last generation had me scratching my head. This gen looks like it's going to be good especially with #1 good boy yamper and his ball fetching ability

Dang straight we got superiority! Lol yeah that's going to be very useful with the ball fetching, but that one Pokemon that looks like icing is just dumb lol. I never played Gen 4 so I can't really comment on them. Although, my PoGo account does have some good ones from that gen.

Smaller profile for the younger kids (pre-teen). I think it's going to do pretty well.

Not to mention it's 100.00 cheaper. That's a big deal! This will be one of the hottest items this Christmas, hide and watch!

Just to serve as a point of reference. My son is 8 years old and has a Switch. He plays it almost 100% exclusively as a handheld. He has no interest in docking it into the TV. That's the market that Nintendo is targeting with the Lite.

It seems like a smart business strategy to me.

$100 bucks cheaper and better battery life should pull in the rest of the 3DS lovers and those with kids just getting into video games. It allows them to merge their console and handheld markets which saves on production costs going forward. They can put out a ton of cheap to produce handheld style games, that would have been on the DS, to keep the cash flowing. Nobody does that like Nintendo.

They're also upgrading some components on the original Switch. When you combine all that with upcoming Metriod Prime and the Zelda Sequels, that should give them time to let Sony and Microsoft put their new consoles out. Then the big N puts out the Switch's successor a year or two later, with a killer app to drive sales and no other brand new consoles on the market.

It seems like a smart business strategy to me.

$100 bucks cheaper and better battery life should pull in the rest of the 3DS lovers and those with kids just getting into video games. It allows them to merge their console and handheld markets which saves on production costs going forward. They can put out a ton of cheap to produce handheld style games, that would have been on the DS, to keep the cash flowing. Nobody does that like Nintendo.

They're also upgrading some components on the original Switch. When you combine all that with upcoming Metriod Prime and the Zelda Sequels, that should give them time to let Sony and Microsoft put their new consoles out. Then the big N puts out the Switch's successor a year or two later, with a killer app to drive sales and no other brand new consoles on the market.

It's definitely a strategy and I'm coming around on the idea that it will make them more money than I initially thought. I dunno. There just still seems like a ton of overlap with the initial Switch. I can see, however, parents who themselves love to play the Switch and also have kids who do getting those kids a Lite because it frees up the original for the parents to play.

Maybe I'm just salty they haven't announced a Switch Pro yet lol.

VN Store

Back