SEC Records since expansion

Kiffin hasn't stopped mouthing off and saying stupid stuff to this very day!!!! I mean the man ruined his GRAVY TRAIN at Alabama with Nick Saban--just by being the poor-decision making, immature man that he is!

He’s doing it again to bring attention to his tiny little school. He did it at UT, because we had no buzz about the school at the time. It was all planned and if you talk to any of the players on the team, he’d warn them he was about to drop a bomb and draw a lot of attention.

Oh Good grief, always so dramatic. Seems okay for YOU to predict what probably would have happened and what wouldn't have happened, but I'm living on FANTASY Island not for believing something WOULD have happened, but just for suggesting none of this would be an issue or even discussed IF it HAD happened. Lol. I'm right. Deal with it.

You really just cannot follow along at all, can you??? Yes, I stooped down to your level to play the hypothetical game by offering a scenario you obviously had not envisioned.

However, historical data are NOT HYPOTHETICAL. 62-63 overall....25-59 over that last 10 years.....

Yeah--I'd say the record clearly shows enough room to believe that just one break here or there would've had us playing for SEC championships (BLUE FONT).....Uh...SARCASM INTENDED.....

You really just cannot follow along at all, can you??? Yes, I stooped down to your level to play the hypothetical game by offering a scenario you obviously had not envisioned.

However, historical data are NOT HYPOTHETICAL. 62-63 overall....25-59 over that last 10 years.....

Yeah--I'd say the record clearly shows enough room to believe that just one break here or there would've had us playing for SEC championships (BLUE FONT).....Uh...SARCASM INTENDED.....

We were a blocked field goal away from beating the national champs in year one post-Phil.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL

However, historical data are NOT
HYPOTHETICAL. 62-63 overall....25-59 over that last 10 years.....

It's not me that can't follow along, maybe if you'd calm down a little you'd figure out that this discussion can't really be had with some type of hypothetical and none of it matters anyway.

One thing you're right about. You were wrong.

Kiffin was a football guy, too. Just on the other side of the ball. There’s a reason Saban went out and got both of those guys.

There's also a REASON Saban GOT RID OF KIFFIN, too.

And a REASON that PRUITT was HIRED AWAY from Alabama.

NO ONE was standing in line in the Lane Kiffin sweepstakes--NO ONE. FIA was ALL that he could get because most Football men KNOW that LK is nothing but a bag of hot air and a bushel of problems.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
There's also a REASON Saban GOT RID OF KIFFIN, too.

And a REASON that PRUITT was HIRED AWAY from Alabama.

NO ONE was standing in line in the Lane Kiffin sweepstakes--NO ONE. FIA was ALL that he could get because most Football men KNOW that LK is nothing but a bag of hot air and a bushel of problems.

Breaking season records for offensive output sure was rough on those Bama teams.

Ask Pete Carroll about him and report back as to what “football men” know.

It's not me that can't follow along, maybe if you'd calm down a little you'd figure out that this discussion can't really be had with some type of hypothetical and none of it matters anyway.

One thing you're right about. You were wrong.

I'm not the one upset. As I have said before... I use caps for emphasis, not tone of voice.

NONE of it matters because 10 years of facts leave no room for hypotheticals.

The historical events of the past 10 years--which I referenced in the post you felt compelled to rebut--PROVE that it was a bad decision by Hamilton to fire CPF.
Yes, I did admit that those last 10 years of observing 25-59 SEC ineptness and incompetence from the VOL coaches is proof enough to support a conclusion that firing CPF was a bad decision.
I was wrong to think that firing CPF would actually benefit the program based on ACTUAL HISTORICAL RESULTS.

YOU wrongly introduced a "hypothetical fantasy scenario" of Lame Kitten leading us to the SEC championship in '10 or '11 as a rebuttal to those concrete facts.

And I'm the one who is wrong?

Breaking season records for offensive output sure was rough on those Bama teams.

Ask Pete Carroll about him and report back as to what “football men” know.

BAMA won 3 NC in 5 years before LK...went 1-1 with LK....and is 1-1 since LK.

Clearly---BAMA knows how to get to the NC games and win them without LK.
Saban did Kiffin a favor by hiring him. And in 3 years was sick of his adolescent attitude and parade of errors.
Those All-SEC offensive OL, WRs, and RBs came to BAMA because of SABAN, not LK.

If you can't understand that, I have nothing for you.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
BAMA won 3 NC in 5 years before LK...went 1-1 with LK....and is 1-1 since LK.

Clearly---BAMA knows how to get to the NC games and win them without LK.
Saban did Kiffin a favor by hiring him. And in 3 years was sick of his adolescent attitude and parade of errors.
Those All-SEC offensive OL, WRs, and RBs came to BAMA because of SABAN, not LK.

If you can't understand that, I have nothing for you.

They won a bunch of NCs. They were really, really good. And yet, even with probably the worst QBs of the Saban era, they were breaking records when Kiffin called the plays.

Saban hires him because he was the best coordinator available. He wasn’t into giving guys just to be nice. That’s why he’s been so successful. That’s why Fulmer let the conference pass him by.

I'm not the one upset. As I have said before... I use caps for emphasis, not tone of voice.

NONE of it matters because 10 years of facts leave no room for hypotheticals.

The historical events of the past 10 years--which I referenced in the post you felt compelled to rebut--PROVE that it was a bad decision by Hamilton to fire CPF.
Yes, I did admit that those last 10 years of observing 25-59 SEC ineptness and incompetence from the VOL coaches is proof enough to support a conclusion that firing CPF was a bad decision.
I was wrong to think that firing CPF would actually benefit the program based on ACTUAL HISTORICAL RESULTS.

YOU wrongly introduced a "hypothetical fantasy scenario" of Lame Kitten leading us to the SEC championship in '10 or '11 as a rebuttal to those concrete facts.

And I'm the one who is wrong?

Yes, YOU are the one WRONG!!!!

Forget Lane taking us to Alanta, it's hilarious to me you're stuck on that. If he had just won 1 more game each year than the last, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Probably wouldn't be having this discussion if he'd just stayed and kept us at 7-8 ....the point being is that he stayed a 2-3 years.

There's your problem. If things hadn't gone completely down the chitter, you wouldn't be crying about firing Phil. But they did, and now after all of its happened, lol... You're up in here like you know something.

gtfo.

Yes, YOU are the one WRONG!!!!

Forget Lane taking us to Alanta, it's hilarious to me you're stuck on that. If he had just won 1 more game each year than the last, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Probably wouldn't be having this discussion if he'd just stayed and kept us at 7-8 ....the point being is that he stayed a 2-3 years.

There's your problem. If things hadn't gone completely down the chitter, you wouldn't be crying about firing Phil. But they did, and now after all of its happened, lol... You're up in here like you know something.

gtfo.

I'm sorry there, bumpkin, but you just keep on rattling off hypotheticals as if they were ABSOLUTE FACTS--i.e., assuming that he would've won 7 games in '10 and 8 game in '11.

2010 losses were to Oregon, Florida, LSU, UGA, Alabama, USCe, and UNC in bowl game.

We had a chance to beat LSU and UNC---You will obviously say ole LK would've taken that team to 8-5...I say nothing at all is a given--LK couldn't even beat UCLA at home in '09 and UCLA was terrible that year.

But I will agree that 7-5 was a reasonable expectation for that team....in the regular season.

2011 losses were to Florida, UGA, LSU (#1), Bama (#2), USCe, Arky (#8), and KY.

I will agree that LK could've probably led the '11 team to a win over KY....but that's all I will give...and that only gets you to 6-6 in year 3....with a 2-6 SEC record in year 2. Wow--that's real progress.

And before you mention LK's RECRUITING PROWESS--just where did those elite recruits he brought in to the program end up?

And, NOW you say that all you meant previously was that LK could've gotten us to 8 wins in 2011.... What a complete JOKE of a statement!!!

But let's just examine that statement.....8 wins means that LK (in YOUR opinion) could've gone 4-4 in the SEC.... So where was he gonna get 3 more SEC wins, GENIUS?

REMEMBER--Dufus still had Jim Chaney running the offense......USCe won the SEC East that year by going 5-2 in the SEC.....
I do think we could've and should've beaten KY in '11--so that puts us at 2-6 in the SEC...I'll give you that. The 2011 team should've finished at 6-6 and made a bowl game.
Only a DUFUS could've led that team to 5-7.

But where are 2 more wins? Florida--in Gainesville...NO. UGA...in Knoxville...NO.... USCe...NO.... #8 Arkansas....NO.

And that is NOT EVEN mentioning your original response which explained --HYPOTHETICALLY--that LK could've taken us to Atlanta by 2011 (year 3 of LK)....

Mind you now---these are the elite machinations of your superior football mind and BLIND FAITH in the leadership, coaching ability, and recruiting prowess of one Lane Kiffin.
Please tell me who is living in hypothetical fantasy land?

Off you go, now, junior....[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry there, bumpkin, but you just keep on rattling off hypotheticals as if they were ABSOLUTE FACTS--i.e., assuming that he would've won 7 games in '10 and 8 game in '11.

2010 losses were to Oregon, Florida, LSU, UGA, Alabama, USCe, and UNC in bowl game.

We had a chance to beat LSU and UNC---You will obviously say ole LK would've taken that team to 8-5...I say nothing at all is a given--LK couldn't even beat UCLA at home in '09 and UCLA was terrible that year.

2011 losses were to Florida, UGA, LSU (#1), Bama (#2), USCe, Arky (#8), and KY.

I will agree that LK could've probably led the '11 team to a win over KY....but that's all I will give...and that only gets you to 6-6 in year 3....with a 2-6 SEC record in year 2. Wow--that's real progress.

And before you mention LK's RECRUITING PROWESS--just where did those elite recruits he brought in to the program end up?

And, NOW you say that all you meant previously was that LK could've gotten us to 8 wins in 2011.... What a complete JOKE of a statement!!!

But let's just examine that statement.....8 wins means that LK (in YOUR opinion) could've gone 4-4 in the SEC.... So where was he gonna get 3 more SEC wins, GENIUS?

REMEMBER--Dufus still had Jim Chaney running the offense......USCe won the SEC East that year by going 5-2 in the SEC.....
I do think we could've and should've beaten KY in '11--so that puts us at 2-6 in the SEC...I'll give you that. The 2011 team should've finished at 6-6 and made a bowl game.
Only a DUFUS could've led that team to 5-7.

But where are 2 more wins? Florida--in Gainesville...NO. UGA...in Knoxville...NO.... USCe...NO.... #8 Arkansas....NO.

And that is NOT EVEN mentioning your original response which explained --HYPOTHETICALLY--that LK could've taken us to Atlanta by 2011 (year 3 of LK)....

Mind you now---these are the elite machinations of your superior football mind and BLIND FAITH in the leadership, coaching ability, and recruiting prowess of one Lane Kiffin.
Please tell me who is living in hypothetical fantasy land?

Off you go, now, junior....
Tl:dr

Yeah....it's best for you to keep your mouth shut while the illusion of some semblance of football intelligence is allowed to remain. That is much better than opening it up and removing all doubt about being totally ..........

Yeah....it's best for you to keep your mouth shut while the illusion of some semblance of football intelligence is allowed to remain. That is much better than opening it up and removing all doubt about being totally ..........

Okay, I read it and it's as I thought, you're a joke. You're hung up on thinking I think Kiffin was "all that". I don't. You've made that up in your head.

I'm right and you can throw another little hissy fit and say whatever you want about me.....lol, which shows me you know Im right but you hate it. It's okay, the ones with common sense already know.

In the end, Firing Fulmer wasn't the problem and you might as well Suck it up like the rest of us, Junior cause it doesn't matter anyway. Haha.

He’s doing it again to bring attention to his tiny little school. He did it at UT, because we had no buzz about the school at the time. It was all planned and if you talk to any of the players on the team, he’d warn them he was about to drop a bomb and draw a lot of attention.
What exactly is Kiffin doing at FAU to draw negative attention to himself? From what I see just following him on Twitter, he does a lot of fishing with his kids and says some pretty inoffensive/harmless things. You do realize people can mature and grow over the course of 10 years now?

I agree Fulmer over the course of his career was better with Cutcliffe than without him, I believe he was 67-33 overall without him and 85-19 with him. I have mainly been arguing that Fulmer at his worst would never have burned the program down to its foundations like his 3 successors did and just maybe he'd have hired another good OC. Either way, we'd be better off I believe if we hadn't have fired him. Certainly it is an undisputed fact that we have become much, much worse since then.

To your last point, UGA got lucky. It's really infuriating. That's one of two times I've seen a school voluntarily fire a successful coach and get a better one and I'm pretty old. Ohio State firing John Cooper and getting Tressel being the other one. In a just world UGA would be walking in the wilderness right now.

I just think about his last season. It was a losing season. Haven't been many winning seasons since. Only two winning seasons in the last four of Fulmer's tenure. Then, not many winning seasons since. Fulmer set us on a good path.

I even remember Hamilton stating once that he knew what CLK was doing and that it would be secondary penalties and not those of grade I.

What exactly is Kiffin doing at FAU to draw negative attention to himself? From what I see just following him on Twitter, he does a lot of fishing with his kids and says some pretty inoffensive/harmless things. You do realize people can mature and grow over the course of 10 years now?

The stuff he said at UT was mostly harmless and inoffensive.

If you thought things were gonna be better by getting rid of Fulmer, Cutcliffe and Chavis after their success then you don't know sports. Our fringe lunatic fans think you can just snap your fingers and be better, doesn't work that way. Lots of sensible fans predicted exactly what would happen when our fringe NegaVols ran that staff out of town and it really wasn't that hard of a prediction to make!
Cutcliffe left for greener pa$ture$, Chavis turned out to be just an OK DC and Fulmer had gotten complacent and paid for it. Don't let facts cloud your hindsight. We should have been able to hire AND RETAIN a coach that could snap his fingers and go better than 5-7.

VN Store

Back