'20 TX QB Haynes King (TAMU Commit)

The discussion appears to be centered around DROPS. The way the chart is created was consistent across the board for each QB. I drop by the War has nothing to do with his decision making or OL. If it were an issue or contributed to said drops, the ball wouldn't have been there for a WR to drop it. You're looking for excuses to muddy the chart, instead of saying a drop is a drop. There is a standard for the judged drops. May not be perfect, but it is a metric each QB is judged from. Regardless of baseball strike zone, fatigue or anything else you can throw out there, it's just another issue that attributed to our poor play. Your putting everything solely on JG I every thread his name is mentioned in. Mention It and you show up to say how bad he is.
I respond to people who absolve him of everything or blame everything on someone else.

The point about drops was brought up by someone else in the vein of a different conversation.

Where I land is:

A) Drops are a problem just not a major one.

B) The difference between #6 and #14 in those graphs could be impacted by the judgment call over what was a drop and what was not. A human being somewhere used his/her best judgment on the "gray area" drops.

C) JG's decision making and the OL's poor performance are still the biggest factors.

Or he could commit and start recruiting TE's and WR's to UT. With he and Bailey in the boat should be an easy sell for TE's and WR's. But I have a bad feeling he's going to commit to A&M and soon.
Or he could commit and start recruiting TE's and WR's to UT. With he and Bailey in the boat should be an easy sell for TE's and WR's. But I have a bad feeling he's going to commit to A&M and soon.
Is it just a feeling or something you have heard? Just wondering cause you seemed more 50-50 awhile back. I wouldn't be surprised if he commits to A@M, but it still wouldn't surprise me if he picked Vols either.

This staff is great at building relationships, so I'm very confident that we finish strong in recruiting. I don't know if King ends up here or not, but I think we are top 7 classes from 2021 and beyond with this staff. Right now, Bama, UGA, and Clemson will be in the top 4 for the near future. Everyone else is just jockeying for positions in the top 10.

I'm going to be really bummed when this kid picks A&M.
giphy.gif

Take this
giphy.gif

I respond to people who absolve him of everything or blame everything on someone else.

The point about drops was brought up by someone else in the vein of a different conversation.

Where I land is:

B) The difference between #6 and #14 in those graphs could be impacted by the judgment call over what was a drop and what was not. A human being somewhere used his/her best judgment on the "gray area" drops.

C) JG's decision making and the OL's poor performance are still the biggest factors.

That drop against SCe which cost us the game was JG's fault right? #DropsMatter

I thought QBs committed early so they could recruit WRs and TEs. Seems odd that he would be waiting to see who was going to commit to us so he could join the party.
Only reason I say that is because he knows what’s committed at AM right now. 3 top 150 WRs. If that’s not reason enough for him to make up his mind easily. Then that just leads me to believe that’s he’s holding out to see what we get.

Where I land is:

As opposed to people who respond to those who blame him for everything. Some would say you fit in that category. A stat was brought up. Nobody claimed it was the end all be all like you say they were claiming. Just another piece of the puzzle showing he may perhaps not be as bad as some like yourself are claiming.

Is it just a feeling or something you have heard? Just wondering cause you seemed more 50-50 awhile back. I wouldn't be surprised if he commits to A@M, but it still wouldn't surprise me if he picked Vols either.
Just based off his twitter follows. I know some people are going to say it means nothing but since The Opening he's followed like 15 people and about half are A&M commits or current players and his latest follow was this evening, 5 star WR and A&M commit for 2020 class, Demond Demas. And he's followed no one associated with UT since The Opening.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Just based off his twitter follows. I know some people are going to say it means nothing but since The Opening he's followed like 15 people and about half are A&M commits or current players and his latest follow was this evening, 5 star WR and A&M commit for 2020 class, Demond Demas. And he's followed no one associated with UT since The Opening.
Exactly and he didn’t have to recruit a single one of them.

Edit: Almost has the feeling of its already done just not public.

Reactions: jakez4ut

Guess he saw for himself the type of QB that we're getting, and decided he's going with Plan B.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Only reason I say that is because he knows what’s committed at AM right now. 3 top 150 WRs. If that’s not reason enough for him to make up his mind easily. Then that just leads me to believe that’s he’s holding out to see what we get.
I think he has every reason to go to A&M but obviously really loves TN. I would think though that he would believe he could bring WRs with him if he comes. Although that would help tip the scales more in our favor.

That's a broad assumption of my comment. I can't possibly be the only one here who gets a little irritated from every thread turning into another JG debate.

Jarrett Geronimo has all the talent in the world. He has the swagger, tats, and tude. All that's great, up to him what he wants his legacy to be. My pt is a flashy figure who really could be very very good is going to naturally draw a lot of discussion

Also, it occurs to me QB plays such a pivotal role. Might be why many place blame there

at this point im just ready for him to get it over with. i'm firmly in the king/bailey to UT camp. but if he's not coming here, let's get it done, hitch the wagon to Bailey and hit the damn road.

I’m feeling the same BUT I think he’s still a little undecided. I think Chaney and Weinke have done everything here they can. Maybe relationship wins out in the end?

That drop against SCe which cost us the game was JG's fault right? #DropsMatter
So that was the only mistake that cost UT the game? I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the inclination to fix blame on one person or group...

Did JG missing a wide open #84 twice in the 2nd qtr contribute? Did the two sacks and pressure contribute? Did an OL whiffing a chip block on a screen in the 2nd qtr contribute? Did JG completely missing a blitz read in the second qtr with no one to pick it up contribute:? Did JG's indecision that ultimately caused one of the sacks contribute? Did JG's late, short throw at the 14:15 mark of the 4th qtr (probably called a drop) contribute? How about that last sack/fumble when JG had between 4 and 5 seconds to throw plus a lane to run through?

One drop... nor one mistake by any other player cost UT the game. The passing game woes isn't only because the "OL sucks" as so many here want to claim.... or because of dropped passes... or because JG sucks as others claim. ALL HAVE PROBLEMS that contribute. The most significant ones are the OL and JG's decisionmaking IMO. I criticize JG more in large measure because so many seem to want to absolve him and blame everything on someone else.

A drop that's a drop is the receiver's fault.... every time. I grew up being told that if I could touch it I should catch it.

As opposed to people who respond to those who blame him for everything. Some would say you fit in that category.
And... they would either be wrong like many or lying because of their own bias like some... like k-town.

A stat was brought up. Nobody claimed it was the end all be all like you say they were claiming. Just another piece of the puzzle showing he may perhaps not be as bad as some like yourself are claiming.
It was stated in response to a point made about JG sharing blame with the OL. The implication was that it was as major as those two things. It isn't. Even if true, the impact on the bottom 10 in that category isn't significant enough to provide a valid excuse.

That said, MiramarVol just said... what you said people weren't saying. He said the USCe game was lost due to a dropped pass.

Some aggies I talked to aren't very confident about landing King fwiw. They believe in what Fong is saying, and that's UT.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Based on all the comments, it does seem his decision would be pretty clean cut if UT weren't doing a pretty good job recruiting him. There are a lot of things that seem like strong advantages for TAM... yet he still isn't committed. Maybe that will change but it is impressive that UT has stayed in it this long with a Texas kid while competing with an instate school.

VN Store

Back