Biggest Freshman Impact Predictions

Just a wild guess but I'll go with Jackson Lowe. I'm usually wrong about stuff like this so it will probably be no one mentioned yet.

Fully expect Tank Mccollough (or however it's spelled) to make an impact on special teams at the minimum
I believe Harrison would be the logical choice and the first one that comes to mind, because everyone has talked him up so much. But, I agree that Jalen McCullough will be our breakout star this year. He's a ball Hawk with good speed and DB's are coach Pruitt's specialty, so he'll do nothing but get better, IMO. I could even see him taking several snaps away from Shamburger, a few weeks into the season.

Reactions: jwilliams
I'm gonna go with 2 if I may...Romel Keyton and Roman Harrison who I believe will be starting by the Florida gamea

The two 5* OT's starting spots are theirs to lose, so we are looking beyond them at who might have the biggest impact on the team this year. My prediction is Roman Harrison. He doesn't have the traditional build of a big time OLB, but the guy just freakin gets after it. Opposite Darrel Taylor, I don't have much confidence in Deandre Johnson to make a big impact, and Jordan Allen hasn't shown anything to date either. This is where Harrison comes in. He has an amazingly high motor, which makes up for his lack of size and speed (Derek Barnett?).

He played DT in high school out of necessity, and still overpowered much larger OG's because he's a freak in the weight room and wears people down by not taking any plays off. I think he will be a 5-7 sack contributor this year, and a starter by week 4.

Who ya'll got?
I don’t even agree with your first statement, our your second.
It is as while before even the great Al Wilson made an impact.
While there is a great chance the two frosh OTs May start, it isn’t a given and I say only one starts. I know everyone wants to write off Neuhaus and Tatum, but I wouldn’t do fast.

I thought Roman Harrison had insane measurables at a camp last summer?

Athletically, yes. I meant more from a size standpoint. Prototype EDGE/OLB is usually 6'4 250 and Harrison is about 6'2 230. Athletically he's a beast which is why I think he will have such a big impact.

I was waiting to see if anyone was gonna bring up Eric gray. I know he was out during spring but couldn’t remember the severity of the injury or whatever. He’s one I think could make an impact. That of course depends on how banks develops and if he can hang on to the ball.

I think on defensive side I would say one of the juco DL guys but since this states freshman I think it’s gonna be Tank McCullough he seemed to have always be around the ball in spring, could see him at one of safety spots or that star/nickel position.

I think Tank fills the role that TKJR played as a freshman behind McNeal and Randolph. I think Flowers and Warrior are too good to supplant. If Tank can play a pivotal 3rd safety role and give us playable depth, then his freshman year will be a massive success.

I don’t even agree with your first statement, our your second.
It is as while before even the great Al Wilson made an impact.
While there is a great chance the two frosh OTs May start, it isn’t a given and I say only one starts. I know everyone wants to write off Neuhaus and Tatum, but I wouldn’t do fast.

I don't disagree, but just about every outlet (247, VQ etc) has said that they will get first crack at the OT spots which is why I said "theirs to lose." Tatum or Neuhaus could absolutely win the job, but until then, I'm gonna go with what I've heard and assume it's the freshmen.

The two 5* OT's starting spots are theirs to lose, so we are looking beyond them at who might have the biggest impact on the team this year. My prediction is Roman Harrison. He doesn't have the traditional build of a big time OLB, but the guy just freakin gets after it. Opposite Darrel Taylor, I don't have much confidence in Deandre Johnson to make a big impact, and Jordan Allen hasn't shown anything to date either. This is where Harrison comes in. He has an amazingly high motor, which makes up for his lack of size and speed (Derek Barnett?).

He played DT in high school out of necessity, and still overpowered much larger OG's because he's a freak in the weight room and wears people down by not taking any plays off. I think he will be a 5-7 sack contributor this year, and a starter by week 4.

Who ya'll got?

"The two 5* OT's starting spots are theirs to lose"
Starting 2 frosh on the Oline can be a receipe for disaster, or in Tennessee's case, an improvement?

"The two 5* OT's starting spots are theirs to lose"
Starting 2 frosh on the Oline can be a receipe for disaster, or in Tennessee's case, an improvement?
I would almost guarantee it's going to be an improvement over any O-Line that UT has seen in the past five or six years..... or longer.

For the first time in ages we have a bunch, so here goes in order:

Starters this season:
Morris W
To,oto,o
Wright D
Crouch
McCullough
Williams S

Cameos this season:
Harrison
Keyton
Burrell
Middleton
Simmons E

Off the Radar:
K`Rhon Calbert

No way we start all those frosh. They'll get PT but outside of Wright, Morris, and Williams on D, none of those are likely straight up starters unless they are absolute freaks.

Flowers and Warrior will start at safety. Flowers may be the best safety on our team this year. Tank will have his moments though. He'll be on the field.

Linebacker is one of our strongest groups. You have Bitulli, Taylor, Shannon Reid who had a great spring apparently, and Will Ignont. Crouch will get serious PT and I'm sure To'oto'o will too, but expect more next year. Especially To'oto'o.

I think I'm going with Wright, Morris, and Williams (due to need on dline.)! Tank get's 3 picks and forces some fumbles on special teams this year for a solid 1st year setting up for him and Flowers to take the reigns in the back end after Warrior graduates. :cool:

VN Store

Back