Biggest Freshman Impact Predictions

The two 5* OT's starting spots are theirs to lose, so we are looking beyond them at who might have the biggest impact on the team this year. My prediction is Roman Harrison. He doesn't have the traditional build of a big time OLB, but the guy just freakin gets after it. Opposite Darrel Taylor, I don't have much confidence in Deandre Johnson to make a big impact, and Jordan Allen hasn't shown anything to date either. This is where Harrison comes in. He has an amazingly high motor, which makes up for his lack of size and speed (Derek Barnett?).

He played DT in high school out of necessity, and still overpowered much larger OG's because he's a freak in the weight room and wears people down by not taking any plays off. I think he will be a 5-7 sack contributor this year, and a starter by week 4.

Who ya'll got?

My first mind tells me that none of our freshmen beefeaters (OL/DL/LB) will be ready for GA, FL, or AL. They may play but their impact is doubtful to me early on. Just seems unlikely to me that they will be big enough, strong enough, fast enough to make a difference in those games. Maybe they will have a better chance of impacting games against MO, KY and Vandy once they've been tested by fire.

My guess is that we may have a couple of freshmen skill players show out in the bigger games and afterwards - receivers, DBs, returners, etc. Maybe a better chance to show some raw athleticism.

Reactions: savannahfan
For the first time in ages we have a bunch, so here goes in order:

Starters this season:
Morris W
To,oto,o
Wright D
Crouch
McCullough
Williams S

Cameos this season:
Harrison
Keyton
Burrell
Middleton
Simmons E

Off the Radar:
K`Rhon Calbert

I gotta think Crouch makes the biggest impact as a freshman in defense. Dude is a monster. I’m not sold on Keaton after the spring game lack of effort so I’ll go with Lowe on offense if we’re excluding the tackles and any possible injury or otherwise to JG.

Elijah Simmons. He wasn't highly rated but this kid is coming out of Memphis with a nasty attitude and a full can of whup-azz.

He's my pick as he's off the grid. Our two 5 star OLs along with Crouch and Tootoo are easy picks and will all be big time contributors if not starters. But Simmons may have that kind of motor we saw in Barnett, and he actually comes out of Nashville having played at Pearl-Cohn. Ran on one of their track sprint relay teams as well which says something as a 320+ pound kid out of high school.

I would love for RK to get to play significantly in 4 wins, then redshirt. We've got the players at the position this year, unless he's just an AA level talent+work ethic coming in.
I can see him RS, but Ican also see him playing to get the experience for the followong season, where we'll really need him to step up. Plus Pruitt has showed he'll play freshmen if they are good enough. Let's hope he's that good!

Reactions: livefaith
If we are lucky the freshmen on the OL will have the biggest impact. They’re going to see a lot of time. If I had to pick outside of that I’d say HT and Crouch

Reactions: jakez4ut
TANK and BEASLEY ! WRs, TEs and RBs better watch out, because these 2 kids are going to take some heads off (hopefully, not literally and getting penalized), in the defensive backfield

The two 5* OT's starting spots are theirs to lose, so we are looking beyond them at who might have the biggest impact on the team this year. My prediction is Roman Harrison. He doesn't have the traditional build of a big time OLB, but the guy just freakin gets after it. Opposite Darrel Taylor, I don't have much confidence in Deandre Johnson to make a big impact, and Jordan Allen hasn't shown anything to date either. This is where Harrison comes in. He has an amazingly high motor, which makes up for his lack of size and speed (Derek Barnett?).

He played DT in high school out of necessity, and still overpowered much larger OG's because he's a freak in the weight room and wears people down by not taking any plays off. I think he will be a 5-7 sack contributor this year, and a starter by week 4.

Who ya'll got?
Good thread and I hope all of you are right!

Who ya'll got?
I thought Roman Harrison had insane measurables at a camp last summer?

Who ya'll got?

I agree. He is actually pretty fast though. 4.6 timed by UTs coaches.
He's a perfect edge player in any defense. Just a very difficult matchup....
I think he gets 15+ sacks as a true freshman.
It's unreal to me that UGA or Bama didn't recruit this kid...

Who ya'll got?
Crouch or Toto on defense. HT is special. Eric gray is my candidate for offense

What about Eric gray . The kid we stole from Michigan. Hope he can come in and contribute out of the back field

I was waiting to see if anyone was gonna bring up Eric gray. I know he was out during spring but couldn’t remember the severity of the injury or whatever. He’s one I think could make an impact. That of course depends on how banks develops and if he can hang on to the ball.

I think on defensive side I would say one of the juco DL guys but since this states freshman I think it’s gonna be Tank McCullough he seemed to have always be around the ball in spring, could see him at one of safety spots or that star/nickel position.

I’m just hoping for contributing front seven by committee. Just don’t get pushed around.

H.T. on D. I choose him over Crouch because H.T. is more comfortable at linebacker than Crouch.

Wayna Morris on offense because I think him and Wright are similar skill level and Morris has about 4 month edge of college weight room, a spring camp, and getting use college lifestyle.

Crouch will end up at RB and may be the best one on the team at that position by end of season. Fact of life.

Who ya'll got?

To me this says a whole lot about the up coming season. I don't care if these guys are/will be the best ever to play the game, they are still freshman and are now in a whole new world. A world where the MAN across from them has lived beyond being a boy and is just as big or bigger than they are and has what they don't have,,,, experience. I hope I'am bad wrong , but unless I am, it may be late season or next year before these guys can dominate or at least have the impact we are looking for.

I agree. He is actually pretty fast though. 4.6 timed by UTs coaches.
He's a perfect edge player in any defense. Just a very difficult matchup....
I think he gets 15+ sacks as a true freshman.
It's unreal to me that UGA or Bama didn't recruit this kid...
15 sacks!!! My goodness! Your post reminds me of D4??. However I hope you are right.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back