JG - Underrated players ready for a breakout season

Yet another sports outlet saying just how bad our OL has been.

I've been working on creating some advanced stats for a Vols data visualization website. I don't have a ton on the O-line yet, but the info that sticks in the back of my head:

(*) We had the 3rd worst pass protection in the SEC
(*) We had, by far, the worst run protection in the SEC
(*) We gave up, by far, the most tackles for loss on a per play basis in the SEC

JG was also 4th on Interception-modified Yards Per Attempt (behind Tua, Ta'amu, and Fromm), which is a pretty big achievement given the 3 O-line stats.

12 is greater than 11. Two people tied with 11. No need to lie.

It's not lying because I'm including rushing as the other poster understood, but apparently you can't comprehend. Why wouldn't I include it since he's supposed to be a DUAL THREAT QB?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
despite playing behind one of the country's worst offensive lines

Yet another sports outlet saying just how bad our OL has been.
What are they talking about “ONE of the country’s worst offensive lines”.....it was easily THE worst offensive line, period.

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
It's not lying because I'm including rushing as the other poster understood, but apparently you can't comprehend. Why wouldn't I include it since he's supposed to be a DUAL THREAT QB?
He’s not a DUAL THREAT QB and everybody knows it, stop saying it. The same recruiting services who labeled Dobbs a prostyle qb labeled JG a dual-threat qb....it’s been wrong from the first time we saw him play 3 years ago, no need to keep pushing the narrative when we know it was illegitimate

Something is gonna be different about this JG thread. I can feel it.
MixedWhiteArcticfox-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
He’s not a DUAL THREAT QB and everybody knows it, stop saying it. The same recruiting services who labeled Dobbs a prostyle qb labeled JG a dual-threat qb....it’s been wrong from the first time we saw him play 3 years ago, no need to keep pushing the narrative when we know it was illegitimate

He had a total of 23 passing to 12 rushing TDs in HS. I think that's a decent enough ratio to be labeled as DT. If that's the case they were wrong, then can't label him much of a QB since he had only a total of 23 passing, which is pretty low.

IF JG does this, we're an 8-9 win team. We win 9 games + bowl game and all the sudden Bammers get all lathered up about who they "think" is their next coach.

I agree that he has to recognize where the rush may be coming from. He also has to keep his head on a swivel. JG can become one of the great ones, if he can see and detect whats coming before it happens. Brady reads a defense better than most and his Tight end and running backs are on the same page. I think Coach Chaney will have him ready this season or I surely hope so. GBO!

Bottom line is improvement.
He played in 3 more games in 2018 than 2017 yet..

only had 1 more interception

8 more TD's

4 fewer sacks despite over 100 more passing attempts. (Huge imo)

No denying that he still has work to do but definitely headed in the right direction.

20190709_163748.jpg

VN Store

Back