Season tickets

CannonVol80

I got the notice about renewing our season tickets. When I went to renew, I found that the cost of the season tickets had been reduced $80.00 per season ticket from the previous year.

I have attempted to find an explanation for the price decrease on the UT website, but was unable to find any information. Has anyone heard the reasoning behind a price decrease? I could speculate on a number of things, including fewer home games and/or an attempt to bolster lagging ticket sales. But, if it were the latter, one would think that the marketing department would be trumpeting the change and making sure people were aware of the bargain. Although it has been my firm contention for a number of years now that marketing for the Lady Vols has been minimal, at best, so a failure to market the change would certainly be consistent!

Jim

I got the notice about renewing our season tickets. When I went to renew, I found that the cost of the season tickets had been reduced $80.00 per season ticket from the previous year.

I have attempted to find an explanation for the price decrease on the UT website, but was unable to find any information. Has anyone heard the reasoning behind a price decrease? I could speculate on a number of things, including fewer home games and/or an attempt to bolster lagging ticket sales. But, if it were the latter, one would think that the marketing department would be trumpeting the change and making sure people were aware of the bargain. Although it has been my firm contention for a number of years now that marketing for the Lady Vols has been minimal, at best, so a failure to market the change would certainly be consistent!

Jim
Is this not akin to looking a gift horse in the mouth?

I was told that basketball tickets were going up. I wonder if they are shifting where the money comes from? Yes, I know Barnes got a big raise.

Jim

Jim, maybe they made a mistake. You should probably call them demand to be charged $80 more. lol

But seriously, this is a great thing and it would seem like U.T. would want to get the word out. These day, a drop in the price of anything is news worth sharing.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Is this not akin to looking a gift horse in the mouth?

Trust me, it's nothing like looking a gift horse in the mouth. I immediately completed the renewal and have my receipt in hand. I also think that a reduction in season ticket prices in order to attempt to increase attendance makes good economic sense. However, that is not something I am accustomed to seeing from the UTAD in recent years and was just wondering if anyone was aware of any announced reasons for the move.

Jim

Jim

Mine are the same price as last year, BUT the system will not let me add the SECT tickets like before. I tried a few days ago and after several efforts it threw me out of the system then locked me out too. Today I got back in, same thing as far as not being able to add the tournament tickets. I went ahead and ordered my season tickets and parking. I have the ‘receipt’ showing tickets and parking paid, but the system says the parking is “partially accepted” and still shows me as having 1offer (that shows up as parking). I put a note in the memo box of my order asking for assistance. My 4 tickets were $1,120, parking $165, handling $35, total $1,320. Do not know why I can’t get it to add the tournament tickets.

VN Store

Back