What is your anticipation level for the 2019 season ?

What is your anticipation level for the 2019 season?

• 10 My highest ever, I’ve got Pru fever!

Votes: 11 4.0%

Votes: 13 4.7%

Votes: 63 22.7%

Votes: 68 24.5%

Votes: 42 15.1%
  • 5 an average amount - same as always

Votes: 36 12.9%

Votes: 21 7.6%

Votes: 12 4.3%

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 1 I’ve taken up knitting 🧶 during football season.

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
I'm on the boat with most on here it appears . Ever since I can remember even when I was a little boy the wait for football season seems longer and tougher than waiting for Christmas. But this year just not so much . I can't wait for football season to get here but it just feels different this year knowing your team is going to be fighting just to make a bowl . But with that said , I'm exited to see the improvements this team has made along with the coaching staff ..... I think I'm already more exited for the 2020 season

I'm very excited because I think we were on the verge of turning a corner last year but we ended with disappointment. I think this year we will turn some heads but I don't think we'll win the East.

My BVS eased after the Kentucky and Auburn wins but came back in full force after Vandy. I'm going in at a 7. Optimistic but cynicism has got me on guard. I can see a magical season but I can also see the same ole same ole. I would love to see a 8 or 9 win season.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I'm looking forward to football and I'll still be rooting the vols - but I'm definitely burned out from the past decade.

Reactions: CornFlake
I agree. My excitement level is through the roof but it ain't Pruitt Fever Lulz. I can't answer or say anything for anyone except me, but Im confident that Ill know how I feel about this staff and obviously Pruitt by the end of this season. A big part of my excitement is the anticipation of just finding out.

Many don't like to think or talk about it, but I do. I don't expect or count on it, but what if we fought like the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark all season long and actually won 8 or 9 and everyone was saying "yea, I think we got us a good'un" ?

What if BeardedVol started a thread.. "I ain't never been this excited, with my pants on" after regular season? Okay, That's going a little too far, but you know what I mean.

Yep, 10+.

**Don't want to leave everyone out.

What if we loose all 12? Than what?
I agree with this assessment right here. That’s where I’m at. I went into last season with very little as far as expectation wise goes, really wasn’t sure what to think. I guess I’m sort of in the same boat this season, I would agree with this. I’m always excited for football season lol

Reactions: Behr
eight, looking to see improvements in all areas of the team, a little concerned about JG and his consistency in the QB play,
along with him not getting drilled by a strong pass rush almost every time he drops back to pass, hope the O-Line shows improvement

Reactions: gnm53108
eight, looking to see improvements in all areas of the team, a little concerned about JG and his consistency in the QB play,
along with him not getting drilled by a strong pass rush almost every time he drops back to pass, hope the O-Line shows improvement

With ya. The success of this season depends on the OL and DL.

Can we run the ball and protect our qb? Can we stop the run and get to the qb?

Yeh...I know.
Rocket science.

I don’t know what your definition of decent is, but if it means 9-10 wins you’re going to be disappointed again.
i think it's all relative at this point, and if it's not, it needs to be. suffice to say, if anyone didn't think 9-10 wins this year wouldn't be anything short of phenominal, they'd need to have their head examined.

i think "decent product" likely means not getting blown out by anyone and going to a bowl.

Pencil me in for a solid 5, I suppose. I'm curious to see how things happen once they're on the field playing at full speed.

While I am among the contingency with Battered Vol Syndrome, I forever have expectations of a better season than predicted by the pundits. If this team begins to deliver then the Katy bar the door as to the return of my enthusiasm.

Reactions: gnm53108
Very true. I just hope Tennessee can start putting a decent product on the field.
Pruitt should have a second year jump and is getting more of his players in his system. If he can keep developing his guys on defense like he has with Taylor and Thompson, the only thing UT will have to worry about is offense. Chaney had his best years when working with the talent Smart brought in and luckily Pruitt is also an elite recruiter. The 2020 SECe battle should be the best in recent memory. UGA with Beck, UT with Bailey, and UF with Jones. It'll be nice watching the power shift back to the East.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I don’t know what your definition of decent is, but if it means 9-10 wins you’re going to be disappointed again.
I'd settle for 8 wins. I'm not going to be disappointed this year or next because until BJs loser players are gone the team will be bad.

VN Store

Back