DE flips to Miss St.

Inside skinny is that Pruitt found out the kid's Momma makes yankee cornbread (ie. Sweet). Non-starter. Some habits can't be changed.

Tennessee football will not be rebuilt with JUCO's. We should only be recruiting high school prospects. There are no quick fixes as we found out under Butch Jones. The part I placed in bold is ridiculous and very short-sighted, as well as impatient. North Carolina and Iowa are only ahead of us because of their sheer quantity of commitments, not quality. They have 20 commitments... we only have 11. This staff is being very selective. I like it. Now, let's get Haynes King, Rakeem Jarrett and Tyler Baron.
What he said

This is why I don't always get my hopes up until the said recruit signs on dotted line. They are kids and many of them may change their minds tomorrow, but that's okay. I wish the young man well, but hope we can find someone better to take the scholarship instead.

Tennessee football will not be rebuilt with JUCO's. We should only be recruiting high school prospects. There are no quick fixes as we found out under Butch Jones. The part I placed in bold is ridiculous and very short-sighted, as well as impatient. North Carolina and Iowa are only ahead of us because of their sheer quantity of commitments, not quality. They have 20 commitments... we only have 11. This staff is being very selective. I like it. Now, let's get Haynes King, Rakeem Jarrett and Tyler Baron.

Dale Carter, Chuck Smith, Chris Mimms, Charlie Garner. Leonard Little, etc say “huh?”

Reactions: Alto1
This is why I don't always get my hopes up until the said recruit signs on dotted line. They are kids and many of them may change their minds tomorrow, but that's okay. I wish the young man well, but hope we can find someone better to take the scholarship instead.

I think if you think it's okay for us to trail those schools in recruiting, you may have not been following UT football for long.
I have followed it football and recruiting all my life...... we are ahead of all those schools in recruiting right now. You look at average rating per recruit..... we are beating all those schools even with a long snapper bringing the numbers down slightly..... I feel pretty confident that Baron and Hardy are already in the boat just waiting on their own commitment days.....We will be fine..... it’s about quality over quantity right now.... don’t stress until after signing day.

You mean like Leonard Little?

Well actually Leonard wanted to go to UT from the jump, but didn't qualify. So in reality UT did recruit Leonard from HS on. If I remember correctly, Leonard failed to qualify after his first season as a JUCO too, and almost didn't make it his last attempt. But He will tell you Tennessee was where his MAMA wanted him to be.

Looking at the pic: I think the goat crawled out of her pants; either that or a boarder!

tenor.gif

Dale Carter, Chuck Smith, Chris Mimms, Charlie Garner. Leonard Little, etc say “huh?”
I already addressed every one of those players in post #66 to this thread. You should take a minute to read through the thread before replying to a post. There are only 4 pages to this thread with a total of 88 posts to it. This is the third time I have replied to one of these "__ says hello" posts. I will say it again, S Dale Carter and DE's Chuck Smith and Chris Mims were signed in the class of 1990. WE WERE NOT REBUILDING AT THE TIME. Tennessee had just completed an 11-1 season in 1989 and had most of their offense returning for 1990. We were losing DE's Marion Hobby and Tracey Hayworth from the 1989 defense and desperately needed more speed in the defensive backfield. Carter was a godsend and that class did a great job of filling immediate needs on a team that was already very good, anyway. We were not rebuilding in 1995 when we signed Leonard Little as a junior college transfer either. We had just gone 8-4 with a very young roster. Also, Little had signed with Tennessee out of high school in 1993 and had 3 years of eligibility to play instead of the customary two, so that is different than Davis as well.

Now, I did not say that we should never take a junior college transfer! I said that Tennessee football will not be rebuilt by them. JUCO transfers should be taken to fill in short terms needs for teams which are already very good (such as we were in 1990 when we signed Dale Carter, Chuck Smith and Chris Mims and 1992 when we signed Charlie Garner and 1995 when we signed Leonard Little) So, if anyone else wants to play the "fill in the blank" says hello or in this case, huh? game, I am well aware of those players... and I still say that our program will not be rebuilt by them.

Last edited:
Two tears in a bucket and mother fu.. it. Homeboy wasn’t gonna qualify or was a risk. At this point in our depth we cannot afford to take risk.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Our only hope is if they do something like take more commitments between now and.... February of next year.
Hope they decide to.

That sounds incredibly! Only problem is...every other team has 6 more months to add new players as well. Can we not agree barely being ranked in the top 30 isn’t a good thing?

That sounds incredibly! Only problem is...every other team has 6 more months to add new players as well. Can we not agree barely being ranked in the top 30 isn’t a good thing?
If you think that sounds "incredibly", wait till you hear this.
Each team only gets to sign right at 25. So all those teams with 20 commits, only get 5 more, while we get 14 more.

It's like preseason rankings, it doesn't matter now. It only matters where you finish.

If you think that sounds "incredibly", wait till you hear this.
Each team only gets to sign right at 25. So all those teams with 20 commits, only get 5 more, while we get 14 more.

It's like preseason rankings, it doesn't matter now. It only matters where you finish.

Only matters when you finish?

Somehow I think we didn't run off a four-star.

Presently we trail South Carolina, North Carolina, Iowa, and Northwestern in recruiting. We should never, ever trail any of those schools for a day.

Are the checks bouncing? Have our hostesses gained weight? Do our hostesses need to gain weight?

Do the hostesses need donations to keep a closet full of Scope handy?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I have followed it football and recruiting all my life...... we are ahead of all those schools in recruiting right now. You look at average rating per recruit..... we are beating all those schools even with a long snapper bringing the numbers down slightly..... I feel pretty confident that Baron and Hardy are already in the boat just waiting on their own commitment days.....We will be fine..... it’s about quality over quantity right now.... don’t stress until after signing day.
All depends on how we play this year, several are waiting to see what happens on the field. Multiple recruits have said Pruitt has told them we will win 8 or 9 games this season. We finished strong last year in recruiting with an abysmal finish on the field and in the draft. If this staff has more to sell recruits on we will be fine.

Reactions: Behr and volgrad500
I already addressed every one of those players in post #66 to this thread. You should take a minute to read through the thread before replying to a post. There are only 4 pages to this thread with a total of 88 posts to it. This is the third time I have replied to one of these "__ says hello" posts. I will say it again, S Dale Carter and DE's Chuck Smith and Chris Mims were signed in the class of 1990. WE WERE NOT REBUILDING AT THE TIME. Tennessee had just completed an 11-1 season in 1989 and had most of their offense returning for 1990. We were losing DE's Marion Hobby and Tracey Hayworth from the 1989 defense and desperately needed more speed in the defensive backfield. Carter was a godsend and that class did a great job of filling immediate needs on a team that was already very good, anyway. We were not rebuilding in 1995 when we signed Leonard Little as a junior college transfer either. We had just gone 8-4 with a very young roster. Also, Little had signed with Tennessee out of high school in 1993 and had 3 years of eligibility to play instead of the customary two, so that is different than Davis as well.

Now, I did not say that we should never take a junior college transfer! I said that Tennessee football will not be rebuilt by them. JUCO transfers should be taken to fill in short terms needs for teams which are already very good (such as we were in 1990 when we signed Dale Carter, Chuck Smith and Chris Mims and 1992 when we signed Charlie Garner and 1995 when we signed Leonard Little) So, if anyone else wants to play the "fill in the blank" says hello or in this case, huh? game, I am well aware of those players... and I still say that our program will not be rebuilt by them.

Majors signed several guys from the ole NE Okla JC during the time he was rebuilding the program. I recall the Furnas brothers, Eric Swanson, Anthony Miller just to name a few (not all from NEOK) that JM signed during his time he was rebuilding the program. And I guess we could add Karmara to the list when Jones was trying to rebuild. Key is these are only a few JC guys signed every year to fill immediate needs (which DL is one this year), not 8 or 10 JC guys like Miss State has done in the past. Pruitt is only signing a few, but they can be key in getting the program back if they are the right guys.

VN Store

Back