Uros Plavsic commits to Tennessee

I call him a commit because that is exactly, 100% factual.
If Barnes signs Walker plus Johnson and Hall l’ll be drinking his bath water.

UT absolutely has a tradition of signing 5 stars very similar to James.
According to 247Sports, Tennessee has signed exactly 4 five star players in men's basketball since 2008. That's hardly a tradition.

I call him a commit because that is exactly, 100% factual.
If Barnes signs Walker plus Johnson and Hall l’ll be drinking his bath water.

UT absolutely has a tradition of signing 5 stars very similar to James.

Also, seems that someone who has spent the majority of their posts wringing their hands about talent/recruiting would at least mention the "one commit" CRB has for 2020 is a 5*...lol

Carry on and enjoy the 2020 recruiting class (I suspect we will see less of your posts once that group is committed)

According to 247Sports, Tennessee has signed exactly 4 five star players in men's basketball since 2008. That's hardly a tradition.
And Barnes has signed one in his tenure. Exactly consistent with the past.

As I said, if he signs the players mentioned he will have my applause.

Also, seems that someone who has spent the majority of their posts wringing their hands about talent/recruiting would at least mention the "one commit" CRB has for 2020 is a 5*...lol

Carry on and enjoy the 2020 recruiting class (I suspect we will see less of your posts once that group is committed)
I have mentioned him.

Stop harassing me because you don’t like my opinion, which I have a right to.

I think 2020 will put the Barnes can't recruit talk to rest but I was also disappointed at some of his recruiting until this point. Missing out on Mann hurt as I feel like he was someone we should have landed. I also think Pember and Gaines were big reaches for a program that had a lot going for it at the time. Maybe they turn out to be great players but we will just have to wait and see. Landing James and having another 5 * committed and it looks like Barnes is putting it all together but if something were to happen to the Walker commitment and Keon were to land elsewhere some criticism of Barnes would be warranted. I'm not as negative as Roust but Barnes does need the 2020 class to show some results from his on court success the last couple of years.

I think 2020 will put the Barnes can't recruit talk to rest but I was also disappointed at some of his recruiting until this point. Missing out on Mann hurt as I feel like he was someone we should have landed. I also think Pember and Gaines were big reaches for a program that had a lot going for it at the time. Maybe they turn out to be great players but we will just have to wait and see. Landing James and having another 5 * committed and it looks like Barnes is putting it all together but if something were to happen to the Walker commitment and Keon were to land elsewhere some criticism of Barnes would be warranted. I'm not as negative as Roust but Barnes does need the 2020 class to show some results from his on court success the last couple of years.
To me, landing James cancelled out any disappointment that may have existed from missing out on Mann. Both were very unlikely to attend the same school, so it was always likely a one or the other scenario.

I also don’t think it’s fair to say Mann was someone we should have landed when he ultimately chose Florida. He goes to school 70 miles from Florida’s campus. Any disappointment would stem from the idea we led for him up to the final moment, but again, landing James, which no one thought was likely up to the last moment, helped ease that pain.

I think Pember and Gaines are good risk. Yes, we would've liked the short term higher star players but I think these are the type of guys you can rely on 3-4 years and will be the steadying presences when new, younger higher ranked kids come in. You have to have a balance unless you want to commit to the turnover Kentucky sees every year. Which can work, but is also tougher I'd say.

I don't think we'll ever have 10 4* and 5* on the roster at the same time. So those 2* and 3* guys are extremely important by their 3rd or 4th year, if not sooner some times. They're the role players and teams have to be built with them too.

Your comment was laced with insult.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Have you ever seen the character Louis Litt on Suits, how he feels disrespected in every interaction he has?

You can bet there is way more than that

The link is worthless
I am sure there is, but any clue what that might be? I did lots of searching and didn’t find any family health talk, closer to home, or the “threatened by a message board” that you’ve mentioned.

I am sure there is, but any clue what that might be? I did lots of searching and didn’t find any family health talk, closer to home, or the “threatened by a message board” that you’ve mentioned.

No idea but my guess is Vermont isn’t a hot bed for “I need to know now”
Type fans

I heard of a kid getting a waiver last year because the S&C coach didn’t complicate properly with the trainer and made a kid do too much weight one single day in the Weight room. That never made it in a link it in the media just a crazy ruling for a waiver

No idea but my guess is Vermont isn’t a hot bed for “I need to know now”
Type fans

I heard of a kid getting a waiver last year because the S&C coach didn’t complicate properly with the trainer and made a kid do too much weight one single day in the Weight room. That never made it in a link it in the media just a crazy ruling for a waiver
Well who knows then, maybe ASU’s S&C Coach made Plavsic do 1 more suicide than everyone else???

VN Store

Back