Walking before we run: Beat Missouri

BornonRockyTop

We all have our sights set on much bigger things, naturally, but after what Missouri has done to us the past two years, it would be nice to start with giving them a little payback this season. That is a program we should be much better than year in and year out and they've had our number. That needs to change starting in 2019.

Mizzou is going to be good this year.

They return basically everyone with Kelly Bryant now at the helm. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they make a run.

The good news for us is that they get us after battling Georgia in Athens, then Florida at home. Conversely, we get them after a bye.

They return basically everyone with Kelly Bryant now at the helm. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they make a run.

The good news for us is that they get us after battling Georgia in Athens, then Florida at home. Conversely, we get them after a bye.

Good news is that team will give up after about 5 games in, they're banned from postseason play so with nothing the play for that ship will crash hard after a few losses

Good news is that team will give up after about 5 games in, they're banned from postseason play so with nothing the play for that ship will crash hard after a few losses

I disagree. They will play with a mean edge just to show they belong in a mid to major bowl, despite being ineligible. Playing with pride and a big "fork you" thrown in the NCAA's face.

I forgot about Kelly Bryant. Yeah that’s probably gonna be another L for us unfortunately.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
We just need to beat both plus UK and USCjr yearly and then start knocking off the others.

While I agree, on paper they look better, sometimes 1+1 doesn't equal 2 with a new guy coming in. Same with Vols...prevailing thought is that because we've stunk it up for the greater part of the last 10 years, that we're not going to be that good either this year...certainly, if you read what non-biased fans of other teams think. Not saying that Dooley Bamboo is going to finally sprout this year, but think we've got a chance of being better than the experts think.

I remember when Dooley was the coach, we had something like a 28 to 0 lead at half time and lost.

Walking before we run (or how about crawling before we run?) is beating Vanderbilt, who is 3-2 vs Tennessee under Derek Mason but just 21-36 vs everybody else. That is so embarrassing.
My thoughts too. Beating Vandy, KY and SC...then Mizzou. That’s the pecking order imo.

Reactions: Titan05
I'd like to think we haven't been losing to Mizzou so much as Drew Lock... same with Kyle Shurmur. That may be wishful thinking, though. I see the game this year coming down to Dooley's offense vs Ansley's defense.

Yep. 2020 folks. 2020

Bryant is a step down from last year's Qb , Lock. We win.
They destroyed us. Step down still = a more than likely win considering everyone else will be returning. Unless our OL, DL and JG take two steps up this year.

Reactions: 08Vol
Losing regularly to this team isn’t as bad as losing to Vandy, but it’s close.
I long for the days when we curb stomp our way through November each season.

Reactions: Titan05
I'd like to think we haven't been losing to Mizzou so much as Drew Lock... same with Kyle Shurmur. That may be wishful thinking, though. I see the game this year coming down to Dooley's offense vs Ansley's defense.

That is EXACTLY what is been happening. It has been a couple of years since we had a QB with the IT FACTOR that knows how to do more than manage a game with a little of success. Great QBs read defenses and get the ball in the hands at the right time to make things happen. We haven't see that with JG. Yet, most on here want to continue to blame the OL and point to only a couple of JGs stats that are good. Reading defenses presnap and a second or two after is a big part of being a GREAT QB (aka Lock, Shurmur). JG hasn't been that guy so far.

That is EXACTLY what is been happening. It has been a couple of years since we had a QB with the IT FACTOR that knows how to do more than manage a game with a little of success. Great QBs read defenses and get the ball in the hands at the right time to make things happen. We haven't see that with JG. Yet, most on here want to continue to blame the OL and point to only a couple of JGs stats that are good. Reading defenses presnap and a second or two after is a big part of being a GREAT QB (aka Lock, Shurmur). JG hasn't been that guy so far.
the problem with that is that most of this post has nothing to do with vandy or missouri....

VN Store

Back