'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

King was really good in that environment.
Only seen 2 passes by him so far. But he did play Center/snapper and hustled back to "tackle" Keshawn Lawrence after an INT from some joker. The commentators said he wasn't even a live player, but was so competitive he ran back to tackle him LOLOLOL. LOVE IT. He is fast too!

Bailey also made a TD saving tackle after he got picked. Both guys love to hustle.

First pass was a 60 yard TD. Keep watching, he plays again.

Seeing more now. Absolutely love his quick-twitch style. Real quick dropback. Quick feet. Makes quick decisions and is decisive. You can tell he would be a run threat at any moment. Been wanting this style guy for awhile now!! He's that classic Johnny, Kyler, Baker style.

Aaand he throws a TD after a perfect drive.

That tape is awesome. He looked off so many defenders in coverage, switched his hips and made an accurate throw. I can’t wait till he comes in and destroys defenses here. One thing that is hard to teach young QB’s is not to throw off the back foot. When HB was in motion he stopped, set his feet then threw cross body. Love this guy

That tape is awesome. He looked off so many defenders in coverage, switched his hips and made an accurate throw. I can’t wait till he comes in and destroys defenses here. One thing that is hard to teach young QB’s is not to throw off the back foot. When HB was in motion he stopped, set his feet then threw cross body. Love this guy

he looked really poised, confident and capable. take :p

But 247Sports national analyst Charles Power said Bailey mostly “looked how I expected” throughout his five-day stay in Texas.
“His best part of the week was the red-zone 7-on-7, where they kind of were working from the 20 and in,” Power said of Bailey, who’s ranked the No. 120 overall prospect and No. 5 pro-style quarterback in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class.

“I think his strength now is really, like, a touch, red-zone passer where he can kind of throw fades and jump balls, because that’s definitely his strong suit.”
Power said it’s “kind of hard” to determine how much to weigh the 7-on-7 portion of The Opening Finals for quarterbacks “because of the amount of reps each guy takes, because they kind of are really at the discretion of the team they’re playing with.”

Bailey, for instance, “probably didn’t get as many reps” as “some of the other quarterbacks” on his 7-on-7 team at The Opening Finals.

“When he played, he was solid,” Power said of Bailey.

He still has room for improvement, though, starting with “just the overall kind of speed at which he plays,” Power said.

“When you’re kind of comparing him to the elite of the elite, he’d probably be a little slower with the way he kind of moves and just kind of the whole package,” Power said of Bailey. “He took three sacks — three timed sacks — in the group play. Kind of how they set it up was every quarterback had a game during the group play, so he had an entire game in that. And I think he had the most sacks of anybody in that. He doesn’t really have problems with his straight-line speed. It’s more so just the footwork, I would say.”

Power said the Elite 11 Finals and The Opening Finals showed that Bailey’s strength is being “a touch passer from the pocket — just tossing it up to kind of big receivers” in “jump-ball situations.”

“For our rankings, I think he probably would’ve been, like, 11 or 12. His numbers were basically pretty negligible with TJ Finley’s,” Power said, referring to the LSU commitment who finished No. 11 in 247Sports’ rankings of the Elite 11 quarterbacks. “(Bailey) had his moments, especially in that red-zone stuff. But he was probably middle-of-the-pack outside of that, for the most part.”

Consistent with what has been said on here recently, 247 does not appear to like Bailey too much.

“He was the best passer in 7 on 7, especially in the red zone. In fact, he’s one of the best passers here. But, he took a couple of sacks in a meaningless drill with no actual pass rushers and thus, he sucks. And even tho these things can be easily corrected and he’s still the best passer here, 2 star” -247

Some dudes just get a hard on for a certain player. It is what it is. They’ll never say anything completely positive because they’re hung up on whomever theyre banked on. Bailey is a baller and will stir the echos and Rocky Top will be feared all over again

VN Store

Back