Be TRUTHFUL...Pruitt, Saban, or Frost

Saban is the greatest college football coach of all time.

th

Reactions: AM64 and 508mikey
A realistic assessment of the situation...1. Tennessee Football has been in the crapper since Fulmer won a National Championship. 2. The administration turned into a Howdy-Doody Show in their attempt to find a coach that would bring them back to National prominence. 3. The state of the football program at Tennessee at the present time is similar to a guy that is marrying the ugliest girl in the world and he is getting Cold feet. No one is wanting to see what will happen. 4. Everything considered You have a Coach with a high predegree of skill and knowledge that is willing to step into this mess and try and make things the way they use to be. In summation Tennessee Fans...Don't Mess Up, You have a good thing going. Give it time!

Reactions: AM64 and bullet20
Frost. More head coaching experience, more proven results and he's young enough to be around for long time.
Frost would not make my top 50. Saban would be the choice of many, but he is getting too old to start over and rebuild a team which had reached the depths that Tennessee reached in 2017. I think Pruitt will be the best because of his football knowledge from his father, his hight school coaches, his assistant jobs with the top coaches he has worked for, and his drive and relationships he develops with his players. I am as ease with what he is doing at Tennessee and look forward to the next 15 years as our HC.

Reactions: AM64
Frost would not make my top 50. Saban would be the choice of many, but he is getting too old to start over and rebuild a team which had reached the depths that Tennessee reached in 2017. I think Pruitt will be the best because of his football knowledge from his father, his hight school coaches, his assistant jobs with the top coaches he has worked for, and his drive and relationships he develops with his players. I am as ease with what he is doing at Tennessee and look forward to the next 15 years as our HC.

I applaud your support of our coach. He's our coach now whether we like it or not. So we should all support him.

But that's not the subject of this thread. How would you NOT go with an experienced proven winner over an unknown?

FROST better show something at Nebraska this year; certainly by year 3, when most successful coaches show it. I'll be honest, I prefer Pruitt over Frost. HE IS SEC! And, to win in the SEC, you need to be Connected!

Reactions: AM64
Not sure why Saban is included in this question...

But if you would have asked me during the coaching search, I would have easily taken Frost over Pruitt. But with that said, Nebraska was horrendous last season. I think Frost will eventually get things right, but that is because the division he his in, is ripe for the taking and I think he will be able to recruit well enough to have the most talent in their side of the division. If Frost was in the SEC, his gimmick and tricks probably wouldn't be enough to win. You need to be able to build elite defenses.

If you ask me now, I'd take Pruitt over Frost today.

Saban, of course.

I mean, maybe if the choices were Saban, Dabo, Smart, or Riley there's some discussion but not the ones listed.

Maybe in 5-10 years, if God is merciful, Pruitt is in that discussion and we're finally out of the wilderness.
Hahahahahahahahahhahaahahahhaahahahhaha 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

If you had total control for one day, who do you build this team around? The benchmark standard Saban, our current coach Pruitt, or the heir apparent to the coaching throne Frost?

I say Pruitt.
Wouldn’t a more relevant comparison be Pruitt, Smart, or Mullen? I take Pruitt here. Saban is Platinum, like Belichick, and I despise both.

Reactions: 08Vol and AM64
I applaud your support of our coach. He's our coach now whether we like it or not. So we should all support him.

But that's not the subject of this thread. How would you NOT go with an experienced proven winner over an unknown?
How could you go with someone who has a lot of experience but has not proven he can obtain what we are seeking?

How could you go with someone who has a lot of experience but has not proven he can obtain what we are seeking?

Not sure I follow. Compare Nebraska's first season under Frost with our first under Pruitt. They both inherited similar situations, but there's a reason Nebraska is in all of the "too early" Top 25 polls and we're not. Frost is a proven winner with numerous national head coach of the year awards. The best thing you can say about Pruitt after his first season as a head coach is that the jury is still out.

Reactions: 08Vol
You may disagree. You may think someone else is better.

But, the sentiment conveyed in the gif of "ok, whatever".

Saban is, at the very least, in the conversation

You think my position on this is stupid?

You think my position on this is stupid?

I think there is an argument to be made for someone else.

However, I would say that blowing off an argument for Saban as if he it's not a legitimate argument to make...there would be something behind that more than the mere difference of opinion. Same as blowing off an argument for Knute Rockne, Bear Bryant, etc.

Same as I would argue Brady is the best QB of all time, but I wouldn't blow off an argument for Manning as "ok, whatever"

Reactions: 08Vol
I think there is an argument to be made for someone else.

However, I would say that blowing off an argument for Saban as if he it's not a legitimate argument to make...there would be something behind that more than the mere difference of opinion. Same as blowing off an argument for Knute Rockne, Bear Bryant, etc.

You would be correct. BOT should have seen what I was doing with my very first response. Since he didn't I tried to salvage what was an attempt at humor. I should have known better with him.

I think General Neyland was the greatest coach ever, but we both know why. Other than that it would be hard to argue Nick wasn't.

I don't really care though, I only joined the conversation to mess with BOT.

If you had total control for one day, who do you build this team around? The benchmark standard Saban, our current coach Pruitt, or the heir apparent to the coaching throne Frost?

I say Pruitt.
I hate to disagree with a fellow Soddy Daisian but it’s gotta be saban. Hopefully in a few years I’ll be able to change my answer to Pruitt

VN Store

Back