Be TRUTHFUL...Pruitt, Saban, or Frost

I mean Saban has what... 3-5 good years left reasonably speaking.... barring any setbacks. I don’t know if I would “build my program” around him. I guess it worked with an older Barnes coming from Texas. Does Saban have the same energy and passion to come to UT and build a dynasty as Pruitt? No.

If you had total control for one day, who do you build this team around? The benchmark standard Saban, our current coach Pruitt, or the heir apparent to the coaching throne Frost?

I say Pruitt.

You're spending to much time in either Bakewell or Sale Creek. I like the reality of having Pruitt, but man I sure do think about having Saban here and the run Bama is on.

Reactions: 08Vol and bullet20
one coach is 232-62-1 with 6 national titles and 8 SEC titles

another coach is 23-15 with a conference title at a non power 5 school

the last coach is 5-7.

Decisions, decisions.

I agree but Saban never took over a dumpster fire of a program (besides the dolphins).

I agree but Saban never took over a dumpster fire of a program (besides the dolphins).
IDK, Saban's predecessors at Bama and LSU, Mike Shula and Gerry Dinardo, had very comparable records to Botch, however if the l'affaire d'currie is essential to our pre-Pruitt dumpster fire status, you are correct, I'm not sure anyone's ever succeeded that particular sort of clown show before so I don't think any proper historical parallels can be drawn.

Reactions: 08Vol
Since the OP didn't mention age as a consideration, no sane individual would choose anyone other than Saban from among those three choices. Having said that, if I could pick my coach for the next 10 years right now, it would certainly be Dabo.

1. Saban- he has proven to be a once in a life time coach
2. Pruitt - he seems to be getting us on the right track and is his record is crazy
3. Frost - he had a great record at a lower tier program yet I feel like he is another butch Jones

Butch Jones only succeeded when he followed Notre Dame dude.

Reactions: 08Vol
Saban’s age might make people look at a younger coach if they were rebuilding. No doubt he is the best and most proven coach out of the three.

Reactions: JacketVol
First off ... None of them are coming here ... Saban, Dabo, or Frost.
Second, if I am taking the SHORT view it would be Dabo then Saban.
Third if I was taking the LONG view it would be Dabo and then .... hmmmm.
But so we are clear ... I pick stocks that are legitimate up and comers.... MongoDB ... TTD ... so I am good with Pruitt. He looked more 'real' than the other names i saw on the table.
Fool On! 😁

You read my mind. But will he work out like Rodriguez or Meyer?

I don't know why he would. I can only go on evidence and he's got by far the better resume, compared to Pruitt. Saban would have been a no-brainer 10 years ago.

Frost would have been the ultimate homerun hire for us, IMO. He already has Nebraska on the upswing and they were arguably in worse shape than we were.

Reactions: VOLnMiami

VN Store

Back