Good Article on JG at Manning Camp

chargervol

Coke Zero is hard to snort
How Jarrett Guarantano impressed at Manning Passing Academy

"Racioppi certainly kept an eye on Guarantano given his familiarity with him, and he said Guarantano shined during the throwing sessions for the college quarterbacks, impressing with his footwork on five- and seven-step drops from under center and play-action fakes and “effortlessly” hitting on NFL-caliber throws, such as 16- and 18-yard comeback routes, 18- to 20-yard speed-cut dig routes and dagger routes."

How Jarrett Guarantano impressed at Manning Passing Academy

"Racioppi certainly kept an eye on Guarantano given his familiarity with him, and he said Guarantano shined during the throwing sessions for the college quarterbacks, impressing with his footwork on five- and seven-step drops from under center and play-action fakes and “effortlessly” hitting on NFL-caliber throws, such as 16- and 18-yard comeback routes, 18- to 20-yard speed-cut dig routes and dagger routes."
None of this was ever his problem. He has all the physical tools and skills he needs to be a very good QB. Decision making. Reads. Managing the pocket. If he gets that to equal his ability to throw the ball then he will be a GREAT QB.

I'd like for this good praise to be shown on the field. Until then he needs to work with the recovers five days a week going over routes, practicing and watching film. And the oline needs to watch film and get stronger so they can give their QB more than a second to try and throw the ball. Less sacks would be nice too. Feel like I'm asking a lot from this offense

I'd like for this good praise to be shown on the field. Until then he needs to work with the recovers five days a week going over routes, practicing and watching film. And the oline needs to watch film and get stronger so they can give their QB more than a second to try and throw the ball. Less sacks would be nice too. Feel like I'm asking a lot from this offense
1st - It is impossible for this praise to be given on the field as it is an assessment of the improvement seen at a QB camp.
2nd - If the team is not already doing the rest of the items you mentioned, we are in BIG trouble.

Reactions: pricevol5
None of this was ever his problem. He has all the physical tools and skills he needs to be a very good QB. Decision making. Reads. Managing the pocket. If he gets that to equal his ability to throw the ball then he will be a GREAT QB.
The article is clearly on what was available to witness under the conditions.

I'm glad what was on display drew high praise. Given there's no possible way they could comment on the areas you mentioned, I saw no need to unnecessarily interject.
Sometimes compliments are well enough on their own without any backhand added. Imo.

He did pretty good getting his bell rung 5 times a game.
The OL did pretty good with a QB that didn't manage the pocket well and took too long to get the ball out. <sarcasm>

See how easy it is to shift blame? The OL had its problems. But some of those "bell ringings" were on JG.

The article is clearly on what was available to witness under the conditions.

I'm glad what was on display drew high praise. Given there's no possible way they could comment on the areas you mentioned, I saw no need to unnecessarily interject.
Sometimes compliments are well enough on their own without any backhand added. Imo.
I'm glad he drew praise. But that's something that could have been written last year... and maybe was.

Reactions: lynnh

His biggest problem has been playing without protection...he just can’t seem to manage the pocket well or make good decisions with multiple defenders on top of him.

VN Store

Back