Uros Plavsic commits to Tennessee

You would be in agreement with some of the statements Barnes made after some of his best games. Barnes thought he should be a double double guy.

Kyle’s foul trouble was the biggest issue. It affected his defense. He was an absolute stud in 17-18 defensively and took a step back in 18-19. Team numbers bare that out too.

How is his name pronounced? I've thought it was plav "sick". There's a certain, chit stirring radio guy calling him plav "schitz" today. Even if it's close to the latter, he's emphasizing the "schitz". Pretty sad for an over 50 year old guy on the radio to take those jabs at a teenager coming here to be a TN Volunteer.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
How is his name pronounced? I've thought it was plav "sick". There's a certain, chit stirring radio guy calling him plav "schitz" today. Even if it's close to the latter, he's emphasizing the "schitz". Pretty sad for an over 50 year old guy on the radio to take those jabs at a teenager coming here to be a TN Volunteer.

Actually he pronounces it with the “schitz”

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
They didn’t want Bilau, I’m not sure why you continue to struggle with this concept.
Offered a scholarship and visit. Those are facts.
I have no reason to trust your opinion. You implied that Blackshear wasn’t being pursued at the expense of another player.

Sure, they didn’t want him when they thought they were getting Blackshear. You telling me they would feel the same if Bilau were still available today??

Reactions: SweetDaddy
KA didn’t live up to expectations? He arrived here as a 300 and something ranked recruit with very few HM offers, only had been playing basketball a couple years, would’ve redshirted anywhere else...I would say he greatly exceeded expectations.
KA definitely exceeding expectations regarding his recruiting ranking. No doubt. He did not live up to expectations his senior year. I though the attention Grant received would pave a path to the NBA for Kyle.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
He could have been better, but I think you’ll also find Barnes probably had higher expectations for every single player...if you ask Barnes he thinks Williams underachieved, so I’m not sure how fair of a barometer that really is.

Since it was the barometer of the guy who coached him for 4 years (and the rest of the team) I'd say it's 100% fair.

Edit: That being said, I get what you're saying. And I'll stop the rabbit trail of discussing KA here and get it back to UP.

I have no reason to trust your opinion. You implied that Blackshear wasn’t being pursued at the expense of another player.

Sure, they didn’t want him when they thought they were getting Blackshear. You telling me they would feel the same if Bilau were still available today??
100%

I mean, maybe Bilau didn't want to come to UT, ever consider that? He signed with Wichita, which tells me he's plenty talented and didn't have to just settle for anywhere that gave him an offer. Maybe he marked UT off his list himself. You're just assuming that he wanted to come to UT.

I mean, maybe Bilau didn't want to come to UT, ever consider that? He signed with Wichita, which tells me he's plenty talented and didn't have to just settle for anywhere that gave him an offer. Maybe he marked UT off his list himself. You're just assuming that he wanted to come to UT.
Recruits don’t pick Wichita State over “Kansas, Pitt, West Virginia and Tennessee”.

age discriminating and profiling the posters now?

I disagree with it was what was expected. I'd venture to say that RB had higher expectations than that given the amount of attention the rest of the team was going to take from other teams. I'm not hating on him, I just think he could've been better his senior year. I don't think that's far-fetched to say.
He definitely showed glimpses, especially over the first 1/3 of the season, that he could do more than he previously had. Seemed like he got in a rut for long stretches and couldn’t stay out of foul trouble, which hurt his confidence. I was disappointed that he didn’t maintain his early season intensity and high level of play, offensively.

So your opinion is that when a player shows up on an official visit there is nothing that can happen during the visit that changes the coaches interest in that player? The coaches did not have a ton of interaction with the kid but they spent extensive time with him while on the visit. And watch this.......thru that time they spent with him on campus they decided they did not want him to be a part of the UT program. Whoa, mind blown 🤯 The fact that he ended up at WS would be some compelling evidence that other major programs came to the same conclusion.

So your opinion is that when a player shows up on an official visit there is nothing that can happen during the visit that changes the coaches interest in that player? The coaches did not have a ton of interaction with the kid but they spent extensive time with him while on the visit. And watch this.......thru that time they spent with him on campus they decided they did not want him to be a part of the UT program. Whoa, mind blown 🤯 The fact that he ended up at WS would be some compelling evidence that other major programs came to the same conclusion.
UT offered a scholarship. Fact.
They obviously either pulled or conditioned that offer. It was when many, if not most, thought UT was getting Blackshear.

So, I absolutely think they had interest in Bilau and don’t think there was anything pivotal that changed with his visit. I think it had everything to do with Blackshear and their confidence that Plavsic would get eligible. I think he was a plan B and then he got a committable offer from a great coach.

You can do worse than Witchita State. He was a very low rated recruit, so don’t think I’m saying I wish they’d signed him. I think he has an NBA body right now. Limited skill set.

So, I absolutely think they had interest in Bilau and don’t think there was anything pivotal that changed with his visit. I think it had everything to do with Blackshear...

The word "think" is used 3 times in that part of your post. That is fine but make sure you stay anchored to the fact that you THINK that is what happened. None of that is fact. I THINK they did not like something that they saw during the OV. You like to hang onto the FACT he had an offer. I can guarantee you we would not have accepted his commitment without an OV so that FACT is slightly skewed.

The word "think" is used 3 times in that part of your post. That is fine but make sure you stay anchored to the fact that you THINK that is what happened. None of that is fact. I THINK they did not like something that they saw during the OV. You like to hang onto the FACT he had an offer. I can guarantee you we would not have accepted his commitment without an OV so that FACT is slightly skewed.
Where did I say that UT would accept his commitment WO a visit?

You have no way of knowing what they saw during the visit. You THINK that’s the case.

Recruits don’t pick Wichita State over “Kansas, Pitt, West Virginia and Tennessee”.
I don't recall him visiting Kansas, but if it's all about fit and which staff he liked better, which school he liked better, etc., then a player absolutely could pick Wichita over Pitt, WVU, and UT.

Reactions: G8R8U2
I don't recall him visiting Kansas, but if it's all about fit and which staff he liked better, which school he liked better, etc., then a player absolutely could pick Wichita over Pitt, WVU, and UT.
Sure they “could”, but how many really have? You made it sound like it’s common place, and it’s not at all.

Sure they “could”, but how many really have? You made it sound like it’s common place, and it’s not at all.
No, I wasn't saying it was commonplace. I just said it could've happened in this case.

I do think the staff decided not to pursue Bilau in this instance, but the feeling also could've been mutual.

No, I wasn't saying it was commonplace. I just said it could've happened in this case.

I do think the staff decided not to pursue Bilau in this instance, but the feeling also could've been mutual.
It always is after the girl dumps you.

Reactions: Lurker
There is no way Barnes knows this. They were recruiting Blackshear and Bilau for a reason.
I’ll bet they were wishing they’d tried to either sign Bilau or another guard now. I think they really believed they had Blackshear. Barnes was unable to capitalize on last year’s results.
They are in in a lot of big names for 2020 but I’ll believe it when I see it. One commit so far and it’s not like thy have trouble selling guard recruits on playing time.

Lol...I am old enough to remember when all people did was complain Barnes wasn't recruiting 5* and now some posters try to diminish it even though we are about to have back-to-back recruiting classes with at least 1 5*

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Lol...I am old enough to remember when all people did was complain Barnes wasn't recruiting 5* and now some posters try to diminish it even though we are about to have back-to-back recruiting classes with at least 1 5*
Huh? How does your post have anything to do with what I actually said?

Huh? How does your post have anything to do with what I actually said?

Your post talks about Barnes not capitalizing on his success then emphasizes "they are in on a lot of big names...but I'll believe it when I see it" all while we have:

1) Signed a McDonald's All-American (Josiah James) - very rare for TN
2) Received a commitment from Corey Walker who is a "big name" for 2020 as he is a Rivals 5* (odd you would just call him a "commit"...is it because it does not fit your narrative or are you implying he will not ultimately sign?)
3) Strong interest from Keon Johnson (another "big name" for 2020) and all Crystal Balls that I have seen have him going to UT (why the pessimism?)

Your "take" seems odd and overly pessimistic...hope that helps clarify.

Your post talks about Barnes not capitalizing on his success then emphasizes "they are in on a lot of big names...but I'll believe it when I see it" all while we have:

2) Received a commitment from Corey Walker who is a "big name" for 2020 as he is a Rivals 5* (odd you would just call him a "commit"...is it because it does not fit your narrative or are you implying he will not ultimately sign?)
3) Strong interest from Keon Johnson (another "big name" for 2020) and all Crystal Balls that I have seen have him going to UT (why the pessimism?)

I call him a commit because that is exactly, 100% factual.
If Barnes signs Walker plus Johnson and Hall l’ll be drinking his bath water.

UT absolutely has a tradition of signing 5 stars very similar to James.

I call him a commit because that is exactly, 100% factual.
If Barnes signs Walker plus Johnson and Hall l’ll be drinking his bath water.

UT absolutely has a tradition of signing 5 stars very similar to James.

VN Store

Back