Cole Cubelic....best SEC coaching staff is Tennessee

They used to have the self-proclaimed best staff in America. This seems to be a good first step at a rational adjustment downward. Baby steps!

Gonna need all the coaching we can get. According to Phil Steele, our "groups" are averaging about 50-55 best in the country. Our best group is the linebackers at 12-14 best in the country.Expecting us to be at bottom of the SEC again this year.
Well, you got one word in you username correct, madam.

I just want to see results. Get a bowl game.
We all do.....and a stellar staff, comprised of some strong, proven track records in the SEC that a legit guy like Cubelic says is the best in the conference should go a long way towards getting us there. Certainly beats the ever loving hell out of any group Botch ever put together.

Heard Cole discussing this on ESPNU radio this morning. Discussed each coach individually and said he believes we have the best staff and that despite what some in the media have (erroneously) said, that Fulmer is not mettling a la Barry Alvarez, but is indeed supporting and is very good for Coach Pruitt and the program.

It was good to hear.

Here Ye! Here Ye! All 4 & 5 Star Recruits heed this knowledge and Commit to the Orange and White on a moonlit Knoxville night!

And on a side note: I love Jack Daniels!

Fulmer will never, ever, let that go! He is ALWAYS going to be meddling and ALWAYS be in front of the camera!

He doesn't realize that he essentially backed into the AD position much like the last two SECCG he coached in. Just watching and listening to him, he actually believes he is getting back at those who were behind his firing as coach.

Doug Dickey never did act like that.

XknoxvolsX = Johnny Majors IMO
GBO!!

They used to have the self-proclaimed best staff in America. This seems to be a good first step at a rational adjustment downward. Baby steps!
And when did the Cole Cubelik’s (or their very own fanbase) agree?

Agreed, but I do think adding Ansley and Chaney is a major upgrade to any staff we’ve had since Fulmer.

Smartest thing you've ever said.

Haha, seriously though I agree and I believe Tee is gonna be an excellent recruiter for us.

Reactions: CA_Vol
This is the season of kardiac kollective kool Vols. The team that thrills and chills and puts on epic episodes. That makes you damn and praise them in a single breath or 35 seconds apart. But you won't be calling them boring. No suh.

Pruitt certainly has hired better proven coaches who has great track records.

Whether or not that leads into more wins is yet to be seen.
It's better than hiring unproven coaches with no track records. It doesn't mean instant success, but I like our chances of turning it around with this staff. GBO!

Reactions: Frozevol
This is the season of kardiac kollective kool Vols. The team that thrills and chills and puts on epic episodes. That makes you damn and praise them in a single breath or 35 seconds apart. But you won't be calling them boring. No suh.

Hard pass on this...the acronym ain't gonna fly.

Fulmer will never, ever, let that go! He is ALWAYS going to be meddling and ALWAYS be in front of the camera!

He doesn't realize that he essentially backed into the AD position much like the last two SECCG he coached in. Just watching and listening to him, he actually believes he is getting back at those who were behind his firing as coach.

Your full of s**€

Hard pass on this...the acronym ain't gonna fly.

😬.........gotta agree with you there. I think this world is going crazy and too p.c. with their safe spaces.......buuuut, I'm going to go with my instinct on this one and say you're correct.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly

Go away

Just for a second here....I can believe there is some truth to that.

If I gave my whole life to something and someone came along and let me go.....and then I had to sit and watch individuals come and go that didn't give two damns about what I loved and did nothing but destroy and embarrass it, I'd be pissed too.

And you're damn right I'd do everything in my power to fix it. And yeah, I'd find joy in getting even with people that screwed me and the thing I loved in the process.

So, if some of that is happening, I wouldn't doubt it. It would be human.

However, he's not out in front of a camera. And he doesn't seem to be overshadowing others.

And maybe it's pure coincidence, but since he has been AD, the men's basketball program won a conference title and earned a #1 ranking. Baseball made the NCAA tournament for the first time in years. And he had the stones to let Holly Warlick go, which is something no one thought he had the gumption to do.

And, yes, the football program also appears to be headed for better days.

If he takes credit for that, he would, again, be human

Gonna need all the coaching we can get. According to Phil Steele, our "groups" are averaging about 50-55 best in the country. Our best group is the linebackers at 12-14 best in the country.Expecting us to be at bottom of the SEC again this year.

Didn't he state we were on his list of most improved teams in country?

Backed into it or not, those were the last two sec championship games we played in🤷🏻‍♂️

How is going undefeated backing into anything?

Do you know how many teams how went u defeated in the entire season?

He didn’t back into anything that year!

I’m as big a critic of Fulmer back in the day, but this is nonsense.

W.A.D.

Reactions: bullet20
Heard Cole discussing this on ESPNU radio this morning. Discussed each coach individually and said he believes we have the best staff and that despite what some in the media have (erroneously) said, that Fulmer is not mettling a la Barry Alvarez, but is indeed supporting and is very good for Coach Pruitt and the program.

It was good to hear.
We've got a good staff. Best since Kiffin/Monte/Coach O and co. Best in SEC? Not if we're being real...

VN Store

Back