Kara Lawson hired as an assistant for the Celtics

Kara had some interest in the LV job according to what she said recently I read. As far as actively politicking for it I think not. This opportunity will just give her more confidence if Kelli fails and I hope she is here a long time. JMHO as always!

Reactions: orangealways
Kara will be one great head coach soon.

When I heard the news today the thought crossed my mind that I could actually see Kara eventually leapfrogging both Hammon and Gottlieb to become the first female head coach in the NBA. People have been impressed by her knowledge for many years and were probably hoping that one day she’d show an interest in coaching so they could scoop her up before anyone else does. Well, she DID catch the coaching bug in the past few years with USA Basketball, and that’s apparently all it took! I’m so happy for her!

When I heard the news today the thought crossed my mind that I could actually see Kara eventually leapfrogging both Hammon and Gottlieb to become the first female head coach in the NBA. People have been impressed by her knowledge for many years and were probably hoping that one day she’d show an interest in coaching so they could scoop her up before anyone else does. Well, she DID catch the coaching bug in the past few years with USA Basketball, and that’s apparently all it took! I’m so happy for her!

Yep.. lady vols missed on her

VN Store

Back