Esmery Martinez requests release from NLI to MSST

Why she’d want to waste her talent under KA is mind boggling!

I had wondered that. Know little about Texas, but from what I have read on other boards the program seems in trouble, and of course the coach is held accountable. I thought several athletes had transferred. Maybe she feels at home there; she may feel the culture and language are a fit for her, likes the staff, whatever. But to me it is puzzling. Can you enlighten me, @BUBear?

I had wondered that. Know little about Texas, but from what I have read on other boards the program seems in trouble, and of course the coach is held accountable. I thought several athletes had transferred. Maybe she feels at home there; she may feel the culture and language are a fit for her, likes the staff, whatever. But to me it is puzzling. Can you enlighten me, @BUBear?
It appears the ship is sinking in Austin. In-state AAU coaches are now steering their players away from that iceberg. The following is a post from Skilledup about the recruitment of 2020 G Priscilla Williams.

2020 list - HVL #2, Andrews #4, Gusters #8 | SicEm365

At the college level, she would probably play the 2/3. Her AAU coach when she used to live in Katy was the Queen's AAU coach. If she comes back to Texas then the relationship is there, and you have to understand that Karen has burned that bridge. This is something that he told me out his own mouth. "I will not send any of my kids to Texas ever again".

I'm clueless as to why Martinez would choose Texas... immediate play time, bad advise? I do have a feeling that Aston will try to use her to recruit talent in y'all's backyard, though.

Southie is a well known longhorn fan who posts here, the BY, several Texas sites and was banned from the old BaylorFans. Maybe southie can give us more insight as to what is going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smallvol#1
No surprise a Baylor fan is gossiping about Texas on a Tennessee board. Keep telling yourself the program is sinking. Unlike skilledup, I don't gossip without having facts that I can post on a public message board. While we've definitely taken a step or two back from where we were the last few years as a Top 10-15 program, all we can do is wait to see if things can turnaround this upcoming season.

skilledup is nothing but a boot-licker. Texas wants him nowhere near their program, and he is very bitter about it. He ingratiates himself with Baylor fans and the Baylor program; his agenda is selfish and self-serving. Funny how he throws insults at Karen Aston in that thread on the Baylor forum when no other poster was even talking about her or Texas; he lives to be negative on Texas and that is crystal clear.

He takes pleasure in posting negative things about Karen Aston and Sherri Coale any chance he gets, and the programs they have worked hard to build. It's pretty sad to see all the trouble he purposely and willingly tries to cause. Makes one wonder why he continually CHOOSES to behave that way if he didn't have a personal axe to grind.

On top of that, he has no problem gossiping about young women as he loves to post negative comments about their personal lives with absolutely zero proof that he can share; just unsubstantiated attempts at slandering young women on public message boards from coast to coast.

It appears the ship is sinking in Austin. In-state AAU coaches are now steering their players away from that iceberg. The following is a post from Skilledup about the recruitment of 2020 G Priscilla Williams.

2020 list - HVL #2, Andrews #4, Gusters #8 | SicEm365

I'm clueless as to why Martinez would choose Texas... immediate play time, bad advise? I do have a feeling that Aston will try to use her to recruit talent in y'all's backyard, though.

Southie is a well known longhorn fan who posts here, the BY, several Texas sites and was banned from the old BaylorFans. Maybe southie can give us more insight as to what is going on.

She’s from another country, not sure which, heard several different ones, maybe she just feels comfortable there. I could see a SA kid getting wide eyed after an in-depth MSt visit. Nothing wrong with it and obviously some girls love it, but when I was been there (MSt) I was sort of 👀. Just hope she’s happy there (TX) and does well.....unless/until they play one of us😂🍊🐻.

Edit: I don’t think you two like each other, or at least each other’s respective school!😁🐻🐂

Reactions: BUBear
No surprise a Baylor fan is gossiping about Texas on a Tennessee board. Keep telling yourself the program is sinking. Unlike skilledup, I don't gossip without having facts that I can post on a public message board. While we've definitely taken a step or two back from where we were the last few years as a Top 10-15 program, all we can do is wait to see if things can turnaround this upcoming season.

skilledup is nothing but a boot-licker. Texas wants him nowhere near their program, and he is very bitter about it. He ingratiates himself with Baylor fans and the Baylor program; his agenda is selfish and self-serving. Funny how he throws insults at Karen Aston in that thread on the Baylor forum when no other poster was even talking about her or Texas; he lives to be negative on Texas and that is crystal clear.

He takes pleasure in posting negative things about Karen Aston and Sherri Coale any chance he gets, and the programs they have worked hard to build. It's pretty sad to see all the trouble he purposely and willingly tries to cause. Makes one wonder why he continually CHOOSES to behave that way if he didn't have a personal axe to grind.

On top of that, he has no problem gossiping about young women as he loves to post negative comments about their personal lives with absolutely zero proof that he can share; just unsubstantiated attempts at slandering young women on public message boards from coast to coast.
And the results are showing. He is right WAAAY more often than he is wrong.

skilledup is nothing but a boot-licker. Texas wants him nowhere near their program, and he is very bitter about it. He ingratiates himself with Baylor fans and the Baylor program; his agenda is selfish and self-serving.

For a second there I thought you were describing our very own Coa...nvm

Reactions: volnationnj
I don't gossip without having facts that I can post on a public message board.

Link please.

He takes pleasure in posting negative things about Karen Aston and Sherri Coale any chance he gets, and the programs they have worked hard to build.
So you say that skilledup talks shiite about Sherri Coale (link please)? Most folks would say that 8-22 speaks for itself AND now this...

Coach Yo' lands The Nation's No. 31 Overall Player

Ole Miss has received a commitment from one of the top 2021 players in the nation, as Norman (Okl.) High School wing Kendra Gillispie committed to head coach Yolett McPhee-McCuin and her surging program. Gillispie committed to the Rebels after spending Friday on the Ole Miss campus with her family on an unofficial visit.

The 6-2, four-star standout is rated as the nation's No. 31 overall player in the 2021 class by ESPN. She is rated as the No. 3 wing in the country in the 2021 class.

She is being recruited by the hometown Oklahoma Sooners but they have not offered.

"I'm 110 percent sure I'm going to play at Ole Miss," she said.

Sherri Coale could have literally hired a rickshaw (or taken the Sooner Schooner) across town and presented this young lady an offer. I guess that's how you get to 8-22.

Ya wanna know what Sooner fans are saying about Sherri Coale??? I can post links to two different OU sites for ya.

Last edited:
the ole piss money train must be back on the track?

Last edited:
People always seem to forget that sometimes young people simply want to get away from home for college. Some people would choose a college many hundreds, or even thousands, of miles away even if they've been offered a scholarship to their hometown university that has just won back-to-back national championships. It's not always a coach or the program they are rejecting, but the familiar.

People always seem to forget that sometimes young people simply want to get away from home for college. Some people would choose a college many hundreds, or even thousands, of miles away even if they've been offered a scholarship to their hometown university that has just won back-to-back national championships. It's not always a coach or the program they are rejecting, but the familiar.
There is much truth to this but you still extend an offer to the hometown kid... especially when you're coming off an 8-22 season.

There is much truth to this but you still extend an offer to the hometown kid... especially when you're coming off an 8-22 season.

Oh... yikes. I somehow missed that Coale had not even offered. You're right. I mean, I doubt they'd have still been recruiting her if she'd ever made it crystal clear to them that she wasn't at all interested in playing at OU, so this does seem to be a mistake on Coale's part if there was ANY chance she'd be interested.

Oh... yikes. I somehow missed that Coale had not even offered. You're right. I mean, I doubt they'd have still been recruiting her if she'd ever made it crystal clear to them that she wasn't at all interested in playing at OU, so this does seem to be a mistake on Coale's part if there was ANY chance she'd be interested.
👍

Ohhhhh noooooo. I went to Texas, but I'm a Mississippi State fan. Hope all is well in Austin, Esmery! Don't let the bed bugs there get under your skin! Austin is far more alienating than Starkville based on my experience, but I think her social disconnect with the MSU program is one reason she transferred out. J'mya Young, Rickea Jackson, and Jayla Hemingway all had a group photo together and they seem really happy to be a bulldog. They seem to have a sisterhood with the rest of the team, and Smery just don't look like she's here for that. She just wants to BALL.

VN Store

Back