The Kerry Blackshear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. Finding out that 4 big men failed drug tests at UT should make the family angry why? Did they fail because Barnes smoked a spliff with them? When did this happen and who was it? It would be interesting to know. But my thoughts are this Barnes was able to keep it quiet if true which is miraculous in this day and age. Secondly holding a coach responsible for the bad habits of kids in this day and age is just hilarious. These days a coach at best can advise kids not to do things and hope they listen. If the player is a major contributor give it up. In the 80's or 90's if a coach suspended players for misconduct and they lost some games because of it the kid got blamed and the coach got the benefit of the doubt and even was looked up to. Barnes suspends 4 players and we miss the tourney and he's in the unemployment line right after being ripped apart on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, ESPN and these forums.
It wasn't 4 big men, it was A big man failing the test four times.

I have a question. Finding out that 4 big men failed drug tests at UT should make the family angry why? Did they fail because Barnes smoked a spliff with them? When did this happen and who was it? It would be interesting to know. But my thoughts are this Barnes was able to keep it quiet if true which is miraculous in this day and age. Secondly holding a coach responsible for the bad habits of kids in this day and age is just hilarious. These days a coach at best can advise kids not to do things and hope they listen. If the player is a major contributor give it up. In the 80's or 90's if a coach suspended players for misconduct and they lost some games because of it the kid got blamed and the coach got the benefit of the doubt and even was looked up to. Barnes suspends 4 players and we miss the tourney and he's in the unemployment line right after being ripped apart on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, ESPN and these forums.

You sure about that? I thought it suggested that Burns failed 4 drug tests rather than 4 big men failed drug tests.

Edit: oops, late to the party again

Russ is that you?
Has to be because their isn’t a chance in hell anyone else would say that. All I hear from Russ is man man man and his doom and gloom week long pouting hiatus during the coaching search was all an time embarrassment.

It'll be leaked momentarily before the press conference tomorrow that he's staying at VT. See you clowns later 😎

It wasn't 4 big men, it was A big man failing the test four times.
Thanks I reread it. Was skimming through on my cell earlier but I guess my mind saw 4 big men instead of 1 guy 4 times because 1 guy especially if he's not a starter failing 4 times and still being on the team seems highly unlikely. If they'd said a guard maybe I'd believe it and it would explain one early draft entry. Heck if burns failed 4 why not boot him now and there's your spot for blackshear. Feels like fake news or something overblown.

There's worse than Burns can be doing than smoking a little ganja.

Is he failing?

Does he still put in his work on the court?

Is he having trouble with the law?

The downside is that we're now on the NCAAT bubble and probably heading to the 2020 NIT.

The upside is that there are going to be 800 or more minutes of experience to be spread among players that will return in 2020-21. Also the 2019-20 expectations have been lowered. The Round of 32 is a decent accomplishment and the Sweet 16 would be a really good in a transitional season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back