UConn back to Big East

Ok, you go ahead and put that "We're No.63!" on a t-shirt. I'm sure the Rhodes Scholars will come a-running 👍.

For the record, I didn't go to Tennessee. I went to BC. And I do take great pleasure in knowing that BC played a big part in trapping you in conference purgatory. You're welcome.

Oh, and by the way, BC is ranked higher academically 😂

And for players looking for a "BC" education, it will make a difference.

I get that you think academics don't matter to these players. I beleive that for some it does.

I miss the great BC/UConn men's games years ag. It killed me when Michael Adams from Hartford went to BC.

2017-2018 Women's Basketball Attendance:

1. Southeastern Conference 1,009,427 (4,277 avg per game)
2. Big Ten 957,325 (4,091 avg per game)

13. Big East 192,195 (1,179 avg per game)

Couldn't find 2018-19?

Probably close to the same numbers. Your point?

Those numbers will go up significantly for the BE as UConn is usually a big draw and averages around 9,000 for each home game.

And for players looking for a "BC" education, it will make a difference.

I get that you think academics don't matter to these players. I beleive that for some it does.

I miss the great BC/UConn men's games years ag. It killed me when Michael Adams from Hartford went to BC.

Wasn't it your coach who said that there are just as many Duke waiters as there are from UConn? Not saying that these students don't think academics matter, but academics is secondary to basketball...otherwise, they'd be looking at the Ivy Leagues in addition to Stanford, Duke, Vandy, etc. Anyways, a student can get a great education at UConn or Tennessee. It's not like either are bad schools. But they will not be attracting the same students that are applying to the Ivy Leagues...unless they are from in-state and need a back up in case they can't afford their top choices.

If you're talking about Michael Adams, you're older than I thought you were. He pre-dates me by a good amount of time. I think that the BC-UConn rivalry overall makes the Tennessee-UConn WBB rivalry look tame by comparison. My deep-seated hatred for UConn is why I became a LV fan to begin with (gotta root against UConn). I wouldn't mind seeing the rivalry renewed. Football is a given for BC, and I like our chances now in MBB a lot more than in the last 25 years. I'll concede WBB, though.

Wasn't it your coach who said that there are just as many Duke waiters as there are from UConn? Not saying that these students don't think academics matter, but academics is secondary to basketball...otherwise, they'd be looking at the Ivy Leagues in addition to Stanford, Duke, Vandy, etc. Anyways, a student can get a great education at UConn or Tennessee. It's not like either are bad schools. But they will not be attracting the same students that are applying to the Ivy Leagues...unless they are from in-state and need a back up in case they can't afford their top choices.

If you're talking about Michael Adams, you're older than I thought you were. He pre-dates me by a good amount of time. I think that the BC-UConn rivalry overall makes the Tennessee-UConn WBB rivalry look tame by comparison. My deep-seated hatred for UConn is why I became a LV fan to begin with (gotta root against UConn). I wouldn't mind seeing the rivalry renewed. Football is a given for BC, and I like our chances now in MBB a lot more than in the last 25 years. I'll concede WBB, though.

Yes, Geno said that about Duke. Funny, huh. If I’ve overstated the importance of academics I apologize. It was just to show that part of the overall decision making process. We are wasting way too
Much time debating this.

Yeah, I’m old. 66 with too Much time on my hands....lol.

I’m glad Adams name came up. A great kid and terrific player. I looked him up and saw he had a very nice NBA career as well. I had forgotten that.

As a BC fan I’m surprised you didn’t reply to the poster trashing the northeast.

Everyone predicting the fall of UCONN is funny. They may take a few steps back from total domination but to be average. No way and Geno is only 65. He could coach another 10 years. If they are going to fall i wish it would be soon but i don't see it.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
I think what realistically happens once Geno retires is that UConn remains a top team and consistent championship contender, but will no longer be unbeatable. You won't see them have another era in which they are expected to win everything. And I think that's overall a great sign for the sport.

But I won't be rooting for their downfall the way many UConn fans root for ours; women's basketball is healthier as a whole when excellence is encouraged, as we've seen in the increased competition and quality of play over the last few years.

Some good points and some bad points in that article. I'm sure you linked It based on just the headline.

Fact is, they didn't mention the women's basketball team once in that article. If you want to debate football and men's basketball, I'm sure there are forums for that.

I'm sure UConn leaving the AAC S bother No you as you can't use the "crap conference" slam for the BE. They are the best conference in WCBB upside the power five and with UConn in the conference they could crack the top 5 someday.

You would be unique in the Tennessee fan world with that attitude.
Don't get it twisted, I still root against UConn in 99.99% of their games! LOL. But I'd be lying if I said their downfall as a program was good for the sport. Folks at the Boneyard have been cheering our demise for a while. Disgusting to see there, and disgusting to see here.

Reactions: ChattyVolfan
Don't get it twisted, I still root against UConn in 99.99% of their games! LOL. But I'd be lying if I said their downfall as a program was good for the sport. Folks at the Boneyard have been cheering our demise for a while. Disgusting to see there, and disgusting to see here.
I understood that. I was just talking about your position on their demise. I root for Tennessee to lose 100% of the time. The Notre Dame game is a killer for my head....lol.

I don’t post on The Boneyatd. I do read it for a good laugh. So many idiots over there.

Reactions: brassie
I understood that. I was just talking about your position on their demise. I root for Tennessee to lose 100% of the time. The Notre Dame game is a killer for my head....lol.

I don’t post on The Boneyatd. I do read it for a good laugh. So many idiots over there.

Mizzou is that .01% btw

Reactions: Smallvol#1
As a BC fan I’m surprised you didn’t reply to the poster trashing the northeast.

All I know is that I'm happy here and Boston is perfect for my life. If someone else thinks it sucks or whatever, I don't really care. Doesn't affect my opinion one bit.

*Edited - I read that poster's comment and didn't think it was trashing the NE. It's somewhat true...attracting top football talent is a tough draw up here, unless you're Syracuse. I transferred from a southern school with a big football program, and the game day experience was night and day. At BC, most of the fans are too drunk to even notice what the score is. Basketball is a different story, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewDog
Some good points and some bad points in that article. I'm sure you linked It based on just the headline.

Fact is, they didn't mention the women's basketball team once in that article. If you want to debate football and men's basketball, I'm sure there are forums for that.

I'm sure UConn leaving the AAC S bother No you as you can't use the "crap conference" slam for the BE. They are the best conference in WCBB upside the power five and with UConn in the conference they could crack the top 5 someday.

He really missed the mark when it comes to future realignment and possibly landing in the ACC or Big Ten. Most conferences are headed for a new tv deal in the 2020's. However dumb one thinks the administration at UConn is, theres no way he can believe they make this move if there is even a 10% chance at landing in the ACC and Big Ten in the next 20 years. They know their isn't, because the next round of realignment will come entirely within the P5 and completely turns on Notre Dame, Texas, and Oklahoma, and the Pac-12 California schools.

Reactions: BUBear

I guess because UConn WBB has never been a major factor when it came down to the major conferences picking which schools to invite during the major realignments. The article was right about no caring about the Big East outside of UConn but it was wrong about Duke and UNC wanting UConn in the ACC.

Last edited:
Source: Big East votes to invite UConn to rejoin

UConn women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma cautioned that the expected move doesn't mean a return to the glory days of the old Big East.

The Hall of Fame coach, speaking to reporters at a charity golf event, noted that the conference is not the same one that included schools such as Notre Dame and Louisville.

"It's like saying you're moving back to your hometown, but the block that you lived on and half the city is gone," he said. "It's not the same."

Source: Big East votes to invite UConn to rejoin

UCONN will be the first school to change conferences for LESS money. :)

Psssst - Dirty little secret

UConn 2018 average home attendance 8,870
UT 2018 average home attendance X,XXX
UConn 2018 average away attendance 6,700
UT average away attendance X,XXX

UConn 2018 attendance rank 4th
UT 2018 attendance rank XX

My point is that UConn WBB will continue to attract fans no matter what crappy conference they are in while it remains to be seen if KJH can stop the fan hemorrage at UT.

Psssst - Dirty little secret

UConn 2018 average home attendance 8,870
UT 2018 average home attendance 8028
UConn 2018 average away attendance 6,700
UT average away attendance 3934

UConn 2018 attendance rank 4th
UT 2018 attendance rank 7th

My point is that UConn WBB will continue to attract fans no matter what crappy conference they are in while it remains to be seen if KJH can stop the fan hemorrage at UT.

I filled in the numbers for Tennessee.

For Tennessee to be so irrelevant and "just another team," the Connecticut fans sure do care a lot about what Tennessee fans think and say. No way does this topic amass 4600-plus visits without a heckuva lot of CT fans spending a great deal of time here with us nobodies. lol

For Tennessee to be so irrelevant and "just another team," the Connecticut fans sure do care a lot about what Tennessee fans think and say. No way does this topic amass 4600-plus visits without a heckuva lot of CT fans spending a great deal of time here with us nobodies. lol
Well, Uconn does play Tennessee again this season starts they certainly are relevant. Who said they weren’t? Maybe a few Uconn fans.

A Tennessee fan started this thread sand Tennessee fans responded to my posts.

Looks to me that this board can’t stop talking about Uconn. I’ve enjoyed myself here. Nice group of fans.

Agreed...Dogg!

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back