UConn back to Big East

Yeah, that's it. Some sensitive fan of both the Big East and the AAC put them in there. Lol.

I'm sure there are plenty of fans that agree with you. I would bet most of those are sensitive fans of the Power-5 conferences that look down at the AAC and Big East.

It's all pretty moot at this point. Geno has no plans to go anywhere, and even when he leaves, we don't know who UConn will replace him with. I'm sure they won't pull a Warlck.

Even if UT rehired Holly as Lady Vols basketball coach, one thing is for sure, they will not be playing in a crappy conference like the NEW Big East or the American Athletic conference.

Tonya Cardoza (you misspelled the woman's name, come on now, take this seriously.) Her last two seasons at Temple, she went an impressive:

Temple 2018: 12-19
Temple 2019: 11-18

Marisa Moseley (Again, with the spelling) She has only been at Boston U. for one season and it was a stellar one at that:

Boston U. 2019: 15-14

Jen Rizzotti (Well, at least you're consistently bad with these names. I would hate to think you were just playing favorites.) She finished her long and storied career in Hartford with these two gems:

Hartford 2015: 16-17
Hartford 2016: 11-19

and has thus far followed that up with similar success at GW:

GW 2018: 19-13
GW 2019: 10-20

Jamelle Elliott (You saved the best for last... She must be a personal fave, you actually spelled her name right. LOL!) Her butt was fired after posting these records in her last two seasons at Cincinnati:

Cincinnati 2017: 16-14
Cincinnati 2918: 19-13

Wow, what a brain trust....

Now, as for Ralph "coaching circles around Warlick"? Maybe. Your best hope could be your Division III wiz, Berube. Although, I tend to believe that for right now, she just has the benefit of being an unknown commodity at the highest level of competition in women's basketball ... Div III to Princeton is quite a jump, especially following Banghart ... but good luck to her anyway!
You said there was no coaching tree from Geno. You were wrong.

Winning is one thing. Producing coaches is another.

Your Berube equivalent is your new coach.

Even if UT rehired Holly as Lady Vols basketball coach, one thing is for sure, they will not be playing in a crappy conference like the NEW Big East or the American Athletic conference.

Ah, so now the Big East is a crappy conference, let me guess, because UConn is now there.

Again, I suggest that you look at the methodology used in calculating the rankings you rely upon. I submit that there is very little that supports the idea that the rankings actually apply to "academic" quality. They address things like funding, retention and graduation rates (35% of the US News ranking). Each of the rankings you list present their methodology on the pages you linked. Look yourself.

I'm not questioning the rankings you present, I'm just questioning your declaration that they represent a ranking of "academic" quality.

Jim
They represent that no matter what they represent, UConn is ranked significantly higher than Tennessee. It was in response to the value of each institution.

I would love to see a study that you could find showing the academic rankings that you would agree to.

Ah, so now the Big East is a crappy conference, let me guess, because UConn is now there.

Well, let's see now, will the UCON football team be playing a NEW Big East football schedule?

Is UCON waving a white flag regarding their football program?

Will UCON receive a larger money pay out from the NEW Big East?

If they return to the Big East, can they also get a new message board that satisfies the trolls so that they won't have to keep coming on here all flippant, arrogant, and jealous? To have experienced such success, they come here too often oozing of scorn.

If they return to the Big East, can they also get a new message board that satisfies the trolls so that they won't have to keep coming on here all flippant, arrogant, and jealous? To have experienced such success, they come here too often oozing of scorn.
We haven't even played them in 12 years. Hell, we're still on a 3 game winning streak over them.

Reactions: BUBear and gule
Where the heck do you think Connecticut is?
Up in the far north eastern"neck" of the country. Guess what I should have said there in nothing for them to play north of their location. I didn't think I would be taken literally as to their geographically location. Just have to travel much like (thou not as far) as Hawaii. Sorry friend.

Athletically, credit BC and Syracuse for keeping UConn out of the ACC..... but 15 basketball championships since 1995 is something they can be proud of....

Funny thing about this. BC alone didnt have the gravitas to keep UConn out. They got a nice big assist from UNC and Duke who do not want UConn men recruiting in NYC a couple hours from campus under the ACC brand. Media never reported that piece 🙄

Reactions: BUBear
All that proves is that anyone can edit Wikipedia and some sensitive person who likes a school from either the AAC or the Big East felt left out and added them ... The Power 5 doesn't refer to 7 conferences and it certainly doesn't refer to any conference that does not even participate in football! That is ridiculous. The whole point of that designation was in reference to the sport of football since expansion began to 14 and 12 team conferences in 2011! "The Power 5" is 1) The SEC, 2) The ACC, 3) The Big Ten, 4) The Big 12 and 5) The Pac 12 - If it included the AAC or the Big East, it would be the Power 7... but again, that wouldn't make any since because the Big East doesn't even play the sport of football.
Are there any "low majors?"

Well, let's see now, will the UCON football team be playing a NEW Big East football schedule?

Is UCON waving a white flag regarding their football program?

Will UCON receive a larger money pay out from the NEW Big East?
Not sure why you keep bringing up football on a WCBB board.

Up in the far north eastern"neck" of the country. Guess what I should have said there in nothing for them to play north of their location. I didn't think I would be taken literally as to their geographically location. Just have to travel much like (thou not as far) as Hawaii. Sorry friend.
I still don't get your point.

I’m pretty sure you understand that I was comparing UConn to Tennessee and not bragging on them being 97. Although considering there are hundreds of colleges and universities 97 is not bad at all.

Just doing some fact checking.

I’m pretty sure you understand that I was comparing UConn to Tennessee and not bragging on them being 97. Although considering there are hundreds of colleges and universities 97 is not bad at all.

When you're ranked 90 vs. 114, do you really think that makes a difference? By your own logic, 97 or 100-whatever out of hundreds and colleges and universities is "not bad at all".

Honestly, the bile some of you carry around leads you to say some pretty dumb stuff. The mother of University rankings puts UConn in a tie at 63 and Tenn at 115. Trust me on the Conn, look at Tenn if you wish:

https://www.usnews.com/best-college...iversities?schoolName=University+of+Tennessee

Why do you even care so much?

But my point stands. Tennessee fans weren't the one who brought up academics; NewDog did...as if UConn has some huge advantage there. Let's face it...neither school is Harvard. Most of the discussion of elite academic institutions is happening in the Top 20-30 range. Crowing about #63 and acting like the difference between that and 115 is anything worth even mentioning is just downright sad. And the fact that you're doubling down on that is even more pathetic.

You said there was no coaching tree from Geno. You were wrong.

Winning is one thing. Producing coaches is another.

Your Berube equivalent is your new coach.
I said there was no "coaching tree to speak of" or an heir apparent... I was right. None of the coaches you cited were really worth mentioning.

Reactions: BUBear and gule
after gee no retires next year, Ucon will be back to low mid major status.

Why do you even care so much?

But my point stands. Tennessee fans weren't the one who brought up academics; NewDog did...as if UConn has some huge advantage there. Let's face it...neither school is Harvard. Most of the discussion of elite academic institutions is happening in the Top 20-30 range. Crowing about #63 and acting like the difference between that and 115 is anything worth even mentioning is just downright sad. And the fact that you're doubling down on that is even more pathetic.
The us news numbers were 63 vs 115.
The was journal was 97 vs 419.

I brought up academics because someone stated that Tennessee is better in basically everything when it comes to enticing players to attend UConn. Academics were left out. These are student athletes, not pros, do it does matter.

VN Store

Back