NCAA tourney thread (post UT loss)

I’m hoping for 30 straight days of rain in Omaha. No games, no champion. This is like deciding between a war between N Korea and Iran. They both Sux! Vandy Sux®️ is a registered ®️ but I give everyone permission to use it.
You are welcome.
Dislike Missagin maybe worse than candy.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
sound like an uncivil war is about to begin..."the south's gonna do it again"....my wife and in-laws are from Michigan...Vandy has to win or I'll never hear the end of it...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

I don't care if Vandy is playing the Russian team I'm not pulling for the Commadores. I hope Vandy fails at everything they do. Hahaha

Major props to Jake Mangum for telling the NCAA off. The Baseball tournament is the #2 money maker for the NCAA and the 11.7 scholarship limit is a joke along with the unpaid coaches. It’s time to commit to the sport and support it as a full ride.
Something also has to be done with it not being equal. Vanderbilt and Michigan aren’t playing with 11.7 scholarships. It needs to be fixed

Yeah, before that I really wasn't rooting for either team. I guess I will be rooting for Michigan. Still can't believe they are in the finals.
I will never root for Michigan in anything, ever.. not even sure why I dislike them so much aside from the manning stuff... but I really just don’t like them. At least Vanderbilt resides in the great state of Tennessee. I don’t really like them but would rather the champs be from Tennessee than Michigan.

Major props to Jake Mangum for telling the NCAA off. The Baseball tournament is the #2 money maker for the NCAA and the 11.7 scholarship limit is a joke along with the unpaid coaches. It’s time to commit to the sport and support it as a full ride.

totally agree...to me, it's always been a shame and until it's fixed, it always will be...FULL RIDE ALL THE WAY!

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Bruin has no issue with Vandy’s recruiting advantage. 😬

Huh?

I used to hammer these boards. Even called them cheaters. Now I don’t blame them at all. They aren’t cheating. The system is the issue but yes I do have an issue with their advantage.

I will never root for Michigan in anything, ever.. not even sure why I dislike them so much aside from the manning stuff... but I really just don’t like them. At least Vanderbilt resides in the great state of Tennessee. I don’t really like them but would rather the champs be from Tennessee than Michigan.
Nope can't do it. It's Vandy, hope they fall on their faces. If it were, Belmont, MtSu, Utc, God even Memphis I would pull for them. But not Vandy ! :)

The Vandy schollie situation is just an excuse. That school costs 5 times more than most state schools that have the benefit of lottery scholarships. Most other private schools have the same thing in place. You don't see them winning in baseball. Because of the cost, Vandy can't bring in 50 to 60 players in the fall and hold open tryouts like state schools can. Vandy does not just give the money away, the kids have to show they need it. Trust me, I know. My kid wanted to go there and they wanted him, but we could not afford it. Our contribution was too much and he ended up elsewhere. And he is not alone. They have to turn away many kids each year. Otherwise they just go after the top 50 or so guys and take the first 15 that committed. They do not. They have several guys in every class that are not even top 100. As much as I don't like them, they do not have an advantage. If they did, the NCAA would do something about it. But the NCAA is too damn stupid to just fix it all by just making it a fully funded sport. But that makes sense so will never happen.

The Vandy schollie situation is just an excuse. That school costs 5 times more than most state schools that have the benefit of lottery scholarships. Most other private schools have the same thing in place. You don't see them winning in baseball. Because of the cost, .

You have no damn idea how big of a advantage it is. You need to visit you own website and see just how much a family that makes middle class $ gets in need based aid. It’s damn near every single penny

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1

VN Store

Back