2022, 2023, & 2024 Baseball Commitments (Merged with the 2018+ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave is that you?

“A) mostly Serrano’s kids”?

Lol Soularie, Martinez, Rucker, Russell, Crochet, Pavolony, Ferguson, Sewell, and Hunley disagree with you there

I’ll give you Lipcius and Stallings. Not sure how much Charleston and Ammons helped or hurt the team this year. Maybe some of the relievers, but those guys weren’t doing much of anything until Frank Anderson got ahold of them
If I’m not mistaken, Pav, Fergie, Russell, Sewell, and Hunley are Serrano recruits......correct me if I’m wrong.

Frankly, Vitello would be putting us at a major disadvantage if he wasn’t doing what everybody else is

This is where you and I disagree. He isn’t oversigning to the degree everyone else. He’s at the top of the list.

There are two ways to oversign.

1) oversign by a few spots every year so as to protect the program from the draft. There will ultimately be some casualties of kids having to go elsewhere but just a few.

2) oversign by as many as possible knowing a high volume of kids will be cut before the season. There is no regard to numbers this way at all.

Ark and now Tenn is leading the list of schools that use 2).

This is where you and I disagree. He isn’t oversigning to the degree everyone else. He’s at the top of the list.

There are two ways to oversign.

1) oversign by a few spots every year so as to protect the program from the draft. There will ultimately be some casualties of kids having to go elsewhere but just a few.

2) oversign by as many as possible knowing a high volume of kids will be cut before the season. There is no regard to numbers this way at all.

Ark and now Tenn is leading the list of schools that use 2).
Also, he didn’t cut/“redshirt” kids until the DAY OF the first game. Hence everyone asking for the roster last year (which was the last one posted). Kids were told nothing. Left in limbo. Those kids could’ve transferred out at semester break and gone wherever and either played at a JC or sit this last year. That’s crap.

Also, he didn’t cut/“redshirt” kids until the DAY OF the first game. Hence everyone asking for the roster last year (which was the last one posted). Kids were told nothing. Left in limbo. Those kids could’ve transferred out at semester break and gone wherever and either played at a JC or sit this last year. That’s crap.

That’s Another part of the ncaa rule that needs changing. Even if he knew they were being removed from the 35 it was in tenn best interest to keep them because of apr. if they left and went juco at Christmas it hurts the apr so in effect the ncaa is making it worse on kids in such a case

Reactions: PeachCobler
I'm fairly confident the staff tells some players "you have a roster spot" and tells others "you need to compete for a spot".........

$ guys have a spot no matter what. They count toward the 35.

However there have been some guys that have signed for $ only to see that money vanish before they even got to campus. Posters can act like everything is open and honest and that simply isnt true for every commit/signee.

$ guys have a spot no matter what. They count toward the 35.

However there have been some guys that have signed for $ only to see that money vanish before they even got to campus. Posters can act like everything is open and honest and that simply isnt true for every commit/signee.

totally agree, a few do get the raw end some times.....more so after a coaching change for a few years however not as often once a coach has been at the helm 3 or 4 years, but it does happen

Reactions: RollerVol
totally agree, a few do get the raw end some times.....more so after a coaching change for a few years however not as often once a coach has been at the helm 3 or 4 years, but it does happen

Yea if they committed to the previous staff It doesn’t bother me at all

Dave is that you?

“A) mostly Serrano’s kids”?

Lol Soularie, Martinez, Rucker, Russell, Crochet, Pavolony, Ferguson, Sewell, and Hunley disagree with you there

I’ll give you Lipcius and Stallings. Not sure how much Charleston and Ammons helped or hurt the team this year. Maybe some of the relievers, but those guys weren’t doing much of anything until Frank Anderson got ahold of them

Stallings was great under Serrano. Took a step back under the new staff

If you ignore this year’s numbers then he took a step back. His lowest season ERA was this year. He surpassed his 2017 & 2018 strikeout total combined this year with only 16 walks in 100+ ip. He had his best BAVG against this year. He threw the only 2 shutouts of his career this year. He may have had a tough sophomore year, but he had his best year this year with this staff.

If you ignore this year’s numbers then he took a step back. His lowest season ERA was this year. He surpassed his 2017 & 2018 strikeout total combined this year with only 16 walks in 100+ ip. He had his best BAVG against this year. He threw the only 2 shutouts of his career this year. He may have had a tough sophomore year, but he had his best year this year with this staff.

The sophomore year is the one that hurt. Imo if he doesn’t take a step back that year and we have Hunter Wolf playing SS we make a regional in 18.

It was good to see Stalling come back this year and regain form as you say though. He become more of a power arm with an increase in Ks but the era was virtually the same as his freshmen year

The sophomore year is the one that hurt. Imo if he doesn’t take a step back that year and we have Hunter Wolf playing SS we make a regional in 18.

It was good to see Stalling come back this year and regain form as you say though. He become more of a power arm with an increase in Ks but the era was virtually the same as his freshmen year

His ERA is just a shade better, but with an extra 25ip to it. I think part of his sophomore decline was due to teams having seen him for a year. He made adjustments this year to counter that, in particular the improved curveball and FB velo.

I agree he was great with Serrano, too. No arguments there.

Hunter Wolfe couldn’t stay on the field for TCU this year. He was mainly the DH. He had an .880 fielding percentage in 75 chances. He was a solid hitter at .301, but his glove is why he is going into redshirt senior year at TCU instead of being drafted. He definitely would have helped the line-up out offensively though.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
His ERA is just a shade better, but with an extra 25ip to it. I think part of his sophomore decline was due to teams having seen him for a year. He made adjustments this year to counter that, in particular the improved curveball and FB velo.

I agree he was great with Serrano, too. No arguments there.

Hunter Wolfe couldn’t stay on the field for TCU this year. He was mainly the DH. He had an .880 fielding percentage in 75 chances. He was a solid hitter at .301, but his glove is why he is going into redshirt senior year at TCU instead of being drafted. He definitely would have helped the line-up out offensively though.

He got hurt at tcu

Gotcha. I know he committed a high number of errors at Walter’s, too. For his sake hopefully he has better luck this year. It looks like he would have been better off taking that 12th round money now.

He’s turned down a lot of money in the draft multiple times before and that has been a mistake imo.

I have a little recruiting nugget. The Vols just picked up a giant commitment today for the 2019 class. He was plucked away from a prominent school. I also heard they aren’t done in the 2019 class either.[/QUOTE
The kid just announced it. I heard the news before he went public. Tim Mchugh a TCU commit. Big time power hitter

Reactions: PeachCobler
Tim McHugh, OF, Commack

There are not many high school players in the draft that are in the shape that McHugh is in. There are also not many players younger than him. For those two reasons, teams are interested in him. Unfortunately, a strong commitment to TCU has made it less likely that a team will spend a pick on him at this point. I will include him in this piece because that is a variable that is out of my area of knowledge and he is certainly talented enough to warrant a draft pick. The power and the potential are enough to make any team salivate. He had a ridiculously good 2018 season and he didn’t match those numbers this season but being 17 until October means he’s still a young senior in high school with a ton of upside
-Axcess Baseball (MLB Draft 2019: Who’s Going to Get Picked from Long Island?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back